There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone else believe anything the Seabags say? Sherman says he congratulated Harbs who basically gave him the cold shoulder. He then questioned Harbs sportsmanship. Replays after the game basically refute everything Sherman said. They lie trying to make us out to be the bad guys.

Don't worry, SportsFan we'll get them next time around.
On a positivie note, I felt like they did well with the clock management
This game was 5 - 0 at half. Their first two TDs of the game were drives kept alive by stupid penalities by us. While the score looks bad, it is a little mis-leading. We still lose this game but it should have been more like 18 - 3 not 29 - 3.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Anyone else believe anything the Seabags say? Sherman says he congratulated Harbs who basically gave him the cold shoulder. He then questioned Harbs sportsmanship. Replays after the game basically refute everything Sherman said. They lie trying to make us out to be the bad guys.

No idea who to believe. I couldn't believe my ears when Collingsworth stated what he stated on live tv -- that Sherman accused Harbaugh of hurting his draft stock by talking negative about his game.

Well given Sherman's recent comments in which replays refute everything he claimed, I'm less inclined to believe him. I never believed what the Seahawks were saying about Harbaugh honking at them at Candlestick. Now this all makes it less believable.
Good win for Seattle. They dominated in all facets of the game and as Richard Sherman said they were just on a different level. Having the ability to make any offense a deaf mute across the board at home is a real advantage. They were on a different level and really should be over any team in that venue. One offense gets to communicate and hear and one doesn't. In football terms that's a huge mismatch and advantage for only Seattle. At a neutral site and especially in SF I still like the 49ers chances.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mods, lock this sucker up, it's time to move on.
Originally posted by mayo49:

seriously.
Originally posted by mayo49:

This
This game was 5 - 0 at half. Their first two TDs of the game were drives kept alive by stupid penalities by us. While the score looks bad, it is a little mis-leading. We still lose this game but it should have been more like 18 - 3 not 29 - 3.

Agreed! two of those TD's would have been FGs if we were not so careless. Pete the Cheat is up to his old ways that he brought from USC. You guys notice how the defense would slap around the offense, then the niner players would respond. The Niner players got busted for this multiple times. This must be one of those things that Carroll pushes on his players. Just watch how often other teams get personal fouls against seattle.
Let Seattle have their victory, they did well to win this battle. But we'll win the war in the NFC West and go threepeat on winning the division.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:
A Davis was awful.

lets just put a blanket on it all, the whole team and coaches were awful. you combine that by playing a good team, maybe the best defensive team in the nfl,in the toughest place to play a game and then you sprinkle a bunch of mistakes and penalties into the mix, you get what we got.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
A Davis was awful.

lets just put a blanket on it all, the whole team and coaches were awful. you combine that by playing a good team, maybe the best defensive team in the nfl,in the toughest place to play a game and then you sprinkle a bunch of mistakes and penalties into the mix, you get what we got.

Our pass D was actually pretty good last night
1-1

Lets learn from it.
was anyone else pissed off when we didnt go for it on 4th and goal down 12-0? at that point in the game in that stadium you may not get another chance to be down there. 3 points was doing nothing for us.