There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
were gonna have a hell of a time beating secondaries if VD is out for a long stretch. i hate hamstring injuries, those f**kers linger for a while and we cant afford to be without davis for a long period of time since were missing crabs already. we stumbled into this season hobbled by injuries and we just lost 4 starters today. i f**kin hate seattle, i hope were as brutal to them at our house as they were today at home

Does anyone else feel that maybe Ray Mac, VD, and Reid may have just precautionary measures. I mean clearly we weren't going to win that game. I didn't see them on the ground in pain except for Reid.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
were gonna have a hell of a time beating secondaries if VD is out for a long stretch. i hate hamstring injuries, those f**kers linger for a while and we cant afford to be without davis for a long period of time since were missing crabs already. we stumbled into this season hobbled by injuries and we just lost 4 starters today. i f**kin hate seattle, i hope were as brutal to them at our house as they were today at home

Does anyone else feel that maybe Ray Mac, VD, and Reid may have just precautionary measures. I mean clearly we weren't going to win that game. I didn't see them on the ground in pain except for Reid.
i think reid will be back soon, he didnt look lost or dazed when he got up, i initially thought he hurt his neck. ray mac i dunno but VD's hammy could be trouble. i mean he will be back soon but those damn things flare up all the time even after you think your good to go sometimes
Grant Cohns ratings are such a joke. I mean really what does is he trying to say that we don't already know. He's just being a pretentious troll.
I've been lurking this board for awhile but after this game, I had to come out of the shadows and add my two cents.

Honestly, I wasn't all that confident we'd win against Seattle in their house. All I was hoping for was a respectable game and that all of the Niners would come out healthy. AT LEAST that

Kap really surprised me. His performance tonight was the polar opposite of his performance last week in GB in which I thought he looked poised, confident, and in full control. Tonight, I think he looked and played scared and I don't believe he was all the way there mentally. Obviously his time clock managing needs a lot of work but one thing that concerns me is that he has this habit of putting way too much focus on one or maybe two guys in a game and totally disregards exploring his other options to make plays. He often tends to overdo it and go for big, flashy plays all the time when its unnecessary. Saw it with Crabtree in the playoffs and the SB last year and it looks like this same habit is carrying over into this season. That's one thing that needs to be nipped in the bud and irks me to my core.

Overall, I was disappointed in Kap tonight and I make no excuses for his play. He played poorly, period. But does this one game early in the season @ Seattle cloud my judgement on his ability and what he can be capable of? Of course not.

Another concern is this game really exposed how weak the receiving corps really is. Able to get by an average at best D in GB but they looked especially mediocre against a superior top tier d-line like Seattle. Boldin looked every bit his age and was easily shutdown (plus, Seattle was able to prepare for him unlike GB who were taken by surprise); and again, a lot more of nothing from the other WRs outside of him. It cannot be ignored any longer. If this continues, it's going to continue to be a problem. Tonight makes the "Michael Crabtree who?" threads from last week look comical. If Crabs was in, I don't think we would've went down like this. This only makes resigning and extending Crabtree after this season much more of a priority more than ever. Not going to be cheap, but it's going to be worth it.

I hope this game serves as a reality check for the coaching staff who stunk it up just as much (if not more). Wonder how the offense will transition further into the season. I, for one, am done with the RO. Wouldn't mind if we never use it again TBH. Killed us first half.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's kind of hard to complete passes when your receivers can't get separation.
I know it was talked about last year. But what the hell ever happened to our screen game?
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yup. Kap was scrambling around buying time and nobody got open. Hard to get open when you're being mugged too.
I think this loss will be beneficial in moving forward, specially when we face the Rams, it's gonna teach us why things are still wrong, and that we can't keep doing this crap or we're one and done in January.
Originally posted by outside4949:
I know it was talked about last year. But what the hell ever happened to our screen game?

Not a big part of the offense I suppose. Hasn't been called many times under Roman.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Grant Cohns ratings are such a joke. I mean really what does is he trying to say that we don't already know. He's just being a pretentious troll.

He's always been a pretentious dweeb. Stupid because he can actually write some nice articles, but the Cohn in him is strong. Can't help but be an a*****e.
We'll kick their ass when we see them at Candlestick.

Amen.

It's also hard for receivers to get separation against the best secondary in the NFL.
Lots of upset posts here, and it is understandable. I did want to reply really quick and say a few things:

1. You guys really need to evaluate your opponents correctly. You play the Rams twice again this year, and had little luck against them last year. You also play the Saints on the road. Don't call it 15-1 on pure love of your team. You play the Seahawks at home, and while you may revel in that, we will have Percy Harvin, Chris Clemons, and Bruce Irvin in that game, so don't just write us off. Sorry to say it: 42-13; 29-3.

2. The game tonight against the Hawks, forum members said (paraphrasing) that you do not fear the crowd at CLink. While that is easy to do in your armchair, your team was rattled by 136+ decibel noise in their faces and ears. It matters. Next season, remember that.

3. The right approach to this game is that you lost to a good football team. You are not football gods that everyone bows down to. You are a great football team as well, but you have to play like it, just like the other 31 teams have to. You cannot just put on uniforms and expect a win. I love Joe Montana, but he isnt playing for you today, and if he was, you would likely never win a game in today's NFL.

Love you guys, you are great fierce fans that love their team (just like us) but hey... take a moment to tip your hat to the efforts of your opponents now and then. Every dog loses, any given Sunday, its a game of inches and defenses.

Take care Niner Nation! You guys will be in the playoffs, I just hope the road goes through CLink for that.

Peace :)
Please people, remember that there's no other team that can play us/cause problems like tonight the way Seattle did in their own stadium (they didn't expose no more about us last December, than they did now), cause nobody has a stadium/defense like Seattle's cutthroat backfield. this is a one-of-a-kind rivalry, these games only happen once a season. Not unlike the old Redskins/Cowboys games of the 70s, you will not see us fall this bad ever again this season.

I'm not joking, Colts are not gonna do this, the Redskins are not gonna do this, the Saints aren't, nor will the Texans, what you saw tonight was a team that trained on pure emotion, and they never gave up, only a rival offers this.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Please people, remember that there's no other team that can play us/cause problems like tonight the way Seattle did in their own stadium (they didn't expose no more about us last December, than they did now), cause nobody has a stadium/defense like Seattle's cutthroat backfield. this is a one-of-a-kind rivalry, these games only happen once a season. Not unlike the old Redskins/Cowboys games of the 70s, you will not see us fall this bad ever again this season.

I'm not joking, Colts are not gonna do this, the Redskins are not gonna do this, the Saints aren't, nor will the Texans, what you saw tonight was a team that trained on pure emotion, and they never gave up, only a rival offers this.
I would agree with most of this. The Colts you will steamroll, the Skins - well... RG3 is the slumper of the new QB's. The Saints, NO TEAM (us included) should ever look past. They are REALLY good when they want to be. We play them at CLink and you guys have to go to the Katrina Dome to play them... Look at that as a game against a contender (IMO).