There are 243 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hard to keep the cool man staring at a 29-3 score.

But yah, hopefully the 9ers can return the favor at home. I bet Harbaugh wants to skip all games to week 14. The only way I can get over today is kicking St. Louis' ass at their house. I could careless about next weeks game, I just want the 9ers to smash all division rivals.

This.

Would I be correct in saying this was probably are most difficult game during the regular season?

Yep, the worse is pretty much over now. Time to regroup and string some wins together.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Yep, the worse is pretty much over now. Time to regroup and string some wins together.

GB and SEA are the toughest teams we play all year. 7-1 into the bye week
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hard to keep the cool man staring at a 29-3 score.

But yah, hopefully the 9ers can return the favor at home. I bet Harbaugh wants to skip all games to week 14. The only way I can get over today is kicking St. Louis' ass at their house. I could careless about next weeks game, I just want the 9ers to smash all division rivals.

This.

Would I be correct in saying this was probably are most difficult game during the regular season?

Your probably right.....dammit this was the only win, I really wanted this season or actually for the regular season. Now watch, Harbaugh gonna run up the score on his prodigy Andrew Luck. Might take the edge off a little, but St. Louis is the main target.
we lost a stupid game to dallas early a few years ago and went on to win like 11 straight. not even trippin. many of us thought we would lose this game anyway and id rather lose big so we have lots of stuff to work on than play well enough to win and lose by a fieldgoal knowing we should have won the game. they can learn a lot from this game and a little humbling for a great, hyped up team like ours is a good thing. there are 16 games in a season and we only lost one. indy is gonna die next week
Your probably right.....dammit this was the only win, I really wanted this season or actually for the regular season. Now watch, Harbaugh gonna run up the score on his prodigy Andrew Luck. Might take the edge off a little, but St. Louis is the main target.

Me too man. We have to run the division now so your very much right in saying StL is the main target.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Idk about 7-1 but I do know we just faced the best secondary in the league so it can only get easier from here on the offensive side. We dominated GB. Our d was stud tonight while they were fresh. Some don't agree but I don't care.

We could run it till the bye.

KNOCK ON f**kING WOOD!
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM ]

Me too man. We have to run the division now so your very much right in saying StL is the main target.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Idk about 7-1 but I do know we just faced the best secondary in the league so it can only get easier from here on the offensive side. We dominated GB. Our d was stud tonight while they were fresh. Some don't agree but I don't care.

We could run it till the bye.

KNOCK ON f**kING WOOD!

were gonna have a hell of a time beating secondaries if VD is out for a long stretch. i hate hamstring injuries, those f**kers linger for a while and we cant afford to be without davis for a long period of time since were missing crabs already. we stumbled into this season hobbled by injuries and we just lost 4 starters today. i f**kin hate seattle, i hope were as brutal to them at our house as they were today at home
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

can't express how disappointed i am with Jim.
Embarrassed. Now we're going to have to live with this for the entire season. we could go 15-1 and they'll say.. "remember what happened in Seattle, Seattle is the better team." Only way we even the score is if we demolish them in Sf.. which I think we can if we have a competent game plan

I don't know what Jim and Greg were doing all week but it couldn't have been watching any film or creating ways to get things done on offense

Vic was clearly hard at work his defense did excellent tonight. Couple penalties and the leading wr for Seattle had 1 reception for 51 yards.

So our db's actually played well, linebackers played well.. the line played ok and aldon played like a beast.

It's going to be incredibly frustrating especially because of the turnovers that we committed which let Seattle pile on the points
I'd almost feel better if we just held them to12-3 and didn't turn the ball over but just rushed it and held it and that was the final score.

29-3 makes it look like they just had their way with us. and they really didn't but that's not going to be the Narrative of ANYONE in the media

and if you come with facts and stats they will fall on deaf ears

This team is talented and we know all too well that if the game plan is bad the team can't overcome it.

Also I am tired of Jim and Greg not manning up and imposing Will on people. Seattle put people in the box SO WHAT run the ball

The teams that beat us are the teams that run our game plan on us while we run some bizzaro plan.

Seattle ran it 47 times

We ran it 20

unacceptable. and with the exception of maybe 3 runs lynch was really in check.

Frustrating to say the least. Now my entire week of sports shows is cancelled
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We'll kick their ass when we see them at Candlestick.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
were gonna have a hell of a time beating secondaries if VD is out for a long stretch. i hate hamstring injuries, those f**kers linger for a while and we cant afford to be without davis for a long period of time since were missing crabs already. we stumbled into this season hobbled by injuries and we just lost 4 starters today. i f**kin hate seattle, i hope were as brutal to them at our house as they were today at home

Does anyone else feel that maybe Ray Mac, VD, and Reid may have just precautionary measures. I mean clearly we weren't going to win that game. I didn't see them on the ground in pain except for Reid.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Does anyone else feel that maybe Ray Mac, VD, and Reid may have just precautionary measures. I mean clearly we weren't going to win that game. I didn't see them on the ground in pain except for Reid.
i think reid will be back soon, he didnt look lost or dazed when he got up, i initially thought he hurt his neck. ray mac i dunno but VD's hammy could be trouble. i mean he will be back soon but those damn things flare up all the time even after you think your good to go sometimes

Grant Cohns ratings are such a joke. I mean really what does is he trying to say that we don't already know. He's just being a pretentious troll.
I've been lurking this board for awhile but after this game, I had to come out of the shadows and add my two cents.

Honestly, I wasn't all that confident we'd win against Seattle in their house. All I was hoping for was a respectable game and that all of the Niners would come out healthy. AT LEAST that

Kap really surprised me. His performance tonight was the polar opposite of his performance last week in GB in which I thought he looked poised, confident, and in full control. Tonight, I think he looked and played scared and I don't believe he was all the way there mentally. Obviously his time clock managing needs a lot of work but one thing that concerns me is that he has this habit of putting way too much focus on one or maybe two guys in a game and totally disregards exploring his other options to make plays. He often tends to overdo it and go for big, flashy plays all the time when its unnecessary. Saw it with Crabtree in the playoffs and the SB last year and it looks like this same habit is carrying over into this season. That's one thing that needs to be nipped in the bud and irks me to my core.

Overall, I was disappointed in Kap tonight and I make no excuses for his play. He played poorly, period. But does this one game early in the season @ Seattle cloud my judgement on his ability and what he can be capable of? Of course not.

Another concern is this game really exposed how weak the receiving corps really is. Able to get by an average at best D in GB but they looked especially mediocre against a superior top tier d-line like Seattle. Boldin looked every bit his age and was easily shutdown (plus, Seattle was able to prepare for him unlike GB who were taken by surprise); and again, a lot more of nothing from the other WRs outside of him. It cannot be ignored any longer. If this continues, it's going to continue to be a problem. Tonight makes the "Michael Crabtree who?" threads from last week look comical. If Crabs was in, I don't think we would've went down like this. This only makes resigning and extending Crabtree after this season much more of a priority more than ever. Not going to be cheap, but it's going to be worth it.

I hope this game serves as a reality check for the coaching staff who stunk it up just as much (if not more). Wonder how the offense will transition further into the season. I, for one, am done with the RO. Wouldn't mind if we never use it again TBH. Killed us first half.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's kind of hard to complete passes when your receivers can't get separation.
I know it was talked about last year. But what the hell ever happened to our screen game?
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's kind of hard to complete passes when your receivers can't get separation.

Yup. Kap was scrambling around buying time and nobody got open. Hard to get open when you're being mugged too.
Share 49ersWebzone