LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eonblue:
1st Seattle drive: 3rd and 6 incomplete
2nd Seattle drive: 3rd and 8 false start, 3-13 Reid INT
3rd Seattle drive: 1st down Dorsey sack,3rd and 10 incomplete and holding
4th Seattle drive: 3rd and 13 sacked by A Smith
5th Seattle drive: 1st and 10 - no gain, 2nd and 10 incomplete, 3rd and 10 incomplete.
6th Seattle drive: 1st and 10 offensive holding, 1st and 20 3yrd run Lynch, 2nd and 17 incomplete, 3rd and 17 sacked by A Smith.

The next possession they scored. Yea they gave up SOME kind of big runs but 10 out of 18 runs were 3 yards and under. When they put themselves in positions
to get off the field they did it. 3 sacks. Tons of imcompletions. Clearly Wilson didn't have much time in the pocket. Our Dline dominated. Plain and simple. They just got tired.

Our pass D was very good most of the game. Our D line was pushed around on a lot of running plays - even in the first half. I'm not challenging whether our D is good. This is the only time I see our D line pushed around on runs. A lot has to do with we were in the nickel most of the time, but we usually hold with 7 in the box.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Our defense also lost our starting NT and then things went down hill after that compounded by the loss of Reid

Yes. Ian was a big loss.
Originally posted by father49er:
Yes. Ian was a big loss.

Agreed. What cheap shot by Sweezy. I really didn't want Dorsey taking all the snaps himself. Dials the only NT we have right?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
nose tackles anthony mccloud (cards ps) and jordan miller ( kc ps) are available.

mccloud: moody and tank's teammate

miller is wide
Baalke will come up with something. He is the man
i thought we were gonna get something going in the first half and couldn't. game was close for the most part and then just got outta hand. this is what, kap's 12th start? he'll learn from this
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I'm done with Harbaugh, he's a punk (it's no wonder why most people who meet him hate him) and just like when he was a player ...HE'LL NEVER WIN THE BIG GAME!!! Roman is the suxor and his red zone offense is pathetic! Dark times are ahead, dark times indeed.Does

Does that mean you're done with the team as well ... if so, I was wondering if you've shredded your 49er
Faithful Fan Pass yet. They're hard to come by, and I could use a spare for a friend of mine ... just checkin'.
Both teams averaged the same 4.1 yards offense per play.
I wouldn't say we got completely and consistently dominated. We never made plays at the right time and they always did.
Not worried.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Worst beat down since Ken Dorsey played there. C'mon Kaep!!
Originally posted by Jcool:
You also left out the original point of the thread - that our D wasn't giving up runs in the first half.

it was also 5-0 at half.

Yes. Again, the point is our D gave up 5.2 yards per carry.

not sure i get what your point is?

Our D line got pushed around, then some guy claimed there were no runs more than 3 ypc in the first half. I looked it up and he was wrong. Not sure why you got involved. The rest of the D played well, but not as good as Seattle's D against our O - clearly.

Private message him if you don't want others commenting on what you say. Our D Line didn't get pushed around. Just because they had a few big plays in the first half doesn't mean they were having success running the ball.

That comment about getting involved is wrong. I was only trying to give some context about my point. Since the thread topic was removed, it made it seem I was arguing something else.

f**k excuses! We lost fair and square to the seahawks. Too much mistakes!
Aaron Rodgers: At Seattle 2012: 223 yards, ZERO TD's, 81 Rating... The best QB in the NFL.

and Seattle's pass rush is even deeper this year. That's my concern.
They played the odds of grabbing and holding niners wr's/dl everyplay. works for them all the time. Kaep had no "touch" for the most part. didn't make plays.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Aaron Rodgers: At Seattle 2012: 223 yards, ZERO TD's, 81 Rating... The best QB in the NFL.

and Seattle's pass rush is even deeper this year. That's my concern.

That pass rush won't be as effective when we can gain some snap count leverage at home nor will it be as effective on the road for them anywhere but SEA.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Anyone know if the running game called in sick, I didn't see him working today?
Share 49ersWebzone