There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We have a string of games where we can potentially win out IND at STL HOU ARI at TEN at JAC CAR. Can be 7 - 1 at the bye week. Calm down guys let us keep the faith

This.

This was one game. That's it. One game.

i think most of us realistically penned this one down as a loss before the schedule even came out. We didnt want it to end up like it did last year but we held up for a half before the injuries piled up along with penalties. Then we completely melted down in the 4th. This loss doesnt hurt as bad as last year, we got our asses handed to us right off the bat last season.

One game. It's September boys. Don't mean a thing. This is a LOOONNGGG season. We'll remember this game in December for obvious reasons. But for now? For now, we move onto next week.

We're 1-1. Not a terrible thing. Not at all.

I'm sick of all the senseless threads knocking us and jocking us started in Niner Talk. Put that in the NFC West thread
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 13,904
When do we get the Tank? By god, the SS Goodship is leaking water like a sieve. I want us to rally and crush the Colts next week.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I thought it was a HORRIBLE call by Roman. Where are the screen plays? As usual no crossing patterns. I'll give the Hawks defense some credit but I think we can do better than what Roman dialed up.

In Romans defense. There we're 2 screens one was broken up and the 2nd Sherman crushed. Also he called a couple of underneath passes but Boldin,Miller, and gore dropped or they were bad throws.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,028
Originally posted by dj43:
Kaepernick burned the Packers because they had a young, inexperienced secondary. Seattle has a VERY good secondary.

quite possibly the best in the nfl.. and when we could get no positive yardage on first and second down,, we were always in third and predictable which fired up their rabid fans and their already very good defense. pretty easy , sad to say, to figure out
We got beat fair and square. This is twice that Carroll has out coached us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,028
Originally posted by fropwns:
When do we get the Tank? By god, the SS Goodship is leaking water like a sieve. I want us to rally and crush the Colts next week.

i want us to win, run the ball, cut down on the mistakes. the mark of an elite team is to make the next team pay
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dj43:
Kaepernick burned the Packers because they had a young, inexperienced secondary. Seattle has a VERY good secondary.

quite possibly the best in the nfl.. and when we could get no positive yardage on first and second down,, we were always in third and predictable which fired up their rabid fans and their already very good defense. pretty easy , sad to say, to figure out

not quite possibly, they do have the best secondary. Along with the best D
In hindsight maybe we shouldn't have just been listening to music during the rain delay.

In all seriousness, this was an awful loss and there is blame to spread all around but it should land mostly on the offense and specifically on Kap. He stuck too much to the gameplan instead of adjusting to what was happening on the field. He has the ability to run and get first downs and he should have utilized those opportunities instead of trying to force something that wasn't there. I don't think he's crap and I hope this provides a learning experience for him, but he needs to do better with his own in-game play to play adjustments.
I'm thinking the shift in running style is impacting the blocking. We need to go back to more Power I, straight ahead and less option.
Originally posted by 190836:
We got beat fair and square. This is twice that Carroll has out coached us.

He's held Harbaugh's offense in check every game we've played them. The difference now is his offense has matured. We can't beat these guys scoring 13-19 points anymore.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Exactly. We're not as good as we think we are.
i am really not ready to go that far but there are some areas,, like the run game where i am wondering if tonights loss exposed a weakness we did not think we had before tonight

No our defense is stud. The 1st half was a beautiful display of pass rushing. The CBs had great coverage and were f**king blowing guys up. Not to mention we have Carradine and Dial coming back in. Also Dorsey was a stud tonight. At least at the beginning. He was taking on double teams and holding point. He also got a sack when singled. They just got tired. It was really unfair to them because they were the shining star in the darkest night.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,028
Originally posted by 190836:
We got beat fair and square. This is twice that Carroll has out coached us.

yup, the loss is bad enough, it is just losing to an a*****e like that but what the hell can you do but get better and hope its a different story next time at home
Good game Jaguars fans. You guys put forth a valiant effort tonight.

Oh wait..
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We have a string of games where we can potentially win out IND at STL HOU ARI at TEN at JAC CAR. Can be 7 - 1 at the bye week. Calm down guys let us keep the faith

This.

This was one game. That's it. One game.

i think most of us realistically penned this one down as a loss before the schedule even came out. We didnt want it to end up like it did last year but we held up for a half before the injuries piled up along with penalties. Then we completely melted down in the 4th. This loss doesnt hurt as bad as last year, we got our asses handed to us right off the bat last season.

One game. It's September boys. Don't mean a thing. This is a LOOONNGGG season. We'll remember this game in December for obvious reasons. But for now? For now, we move onto next week.

We're 1-1. Not a terrible thing. Not at all.

I'm sick of all the senseless threads knocking us and jocking us started in Niner Talk. Put that in the NFC West thread

I think a lot of us aren't surprised with losing. But losing this bad is hard to swallow.
Seattle just beat up the 49ers and they deserve credit. Noise didn't seem like it was as much a factor as in past games to be honest, the 49ers just got beat up on offense tonight. Gore looks incredibly slow out there but it is hard to pin much on him yet as the o-line just wasn't able to open up any holes. I don't know if that's scheme or if they just got beat in their assignments.

I think people need to lay off Sherman, the guy is a beast.

Given the "fish out of water" look of the offense tonight, I'm almost wondering if the problem was scheme. What they were doing just wasn't putting anybody in positions to succeed. One example from a layman might be the complete absence of bunching receivers.

49ers management/coaching staff are going to be busy this week.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM ]