LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
Good game Jaguars fans. You guys put forth a valiant effort tonight.

Oh wait..

stand on a chair and say that to my face!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Losing with injuries the past 2 times up there is what sucks to me

Yup. It hurts big time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Even though it's just the 2nd game, proved that Seattle is the better team. Who knows what the future holds, but tonight it sucks.

The 49ers need to step it up big time...there is a good chance they meet Seattle again in the playoffs, hopefully not in Seattle.

This game proves nothing. The season will prove something.
Wow, that was one old-fashioned butt kicking in the second half. Collin looked lost most of the night, our run game was nowhere to be found and I'm really surprised the offense didn't make better half-time adjustments. We know Seattle's defense is all built on shutting down the pass and rushing the passer. I agreed with Chris Collinsworth that they needed to get Boldin in motion or in bunch packages so he could shake the coverage, but we just kept pounding away with the same old head-scratching play calls.

Hopefully we can correct our mistakes. Defense played solid enough, other than giving up some big runs and a couple big passes when we needed to shut down Seattle on 3rd and longs. It was more of our offense making horrendous mistakes. You can't go on the road and turn the ball over and expect to win -- ever! Even in the Montana/Young days this would spell automatic defeat.
No excuses guys. we lost! My biggest criticism is with are composure and are pre-snap execution. The penalty's and not getting plays off in a timely fashion f**ks with the rhythm of the whole team. For some reason this team just s**ts its pants sometimes. If we could just stop s**tting our pants maybe we would quit stinking the place up.
I think Kap needs to stop trying to prove people that he's a pocket passer, we know he can pass BUT he should just play his game like last year. He got a wide open space yet he stops and wants to throw... get that first down and move the chains.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
Good game Jaguars fans. You guys put forth a valiant effort tonight.

Oh wait..

I'd tell you to sit on a dick, but it would probably be bigger than your body, so it's not possible.

Why do our freaking mods let these fans of other teams in here? Every time I try to get on the SEA forum, they won't let me in. We shouldn't let them in if their gonna keep us out.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
It's NOT troubling. They are GOOD on defense! They are a GOOD team! They are going to be a challenge regardless!

But Kaep's never played the Hawks at home. Everyone needs to calm down.

Kaep 42-13 loss last year

That wasn't at home dude. That was in Seattle's house. Nick meant Candlemistake Park. Capice?

OK, the grammar doesn't reflect the meaning. 'at home' follows 'the Hawks' , thus describing 'the Hawks' at home Capice ?

I know what I meant!

I do too. Just a little slower
Has anyone from the 49ers spoken as yet?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
No our defense is stud. The 1st half was a beautiful display of pass rushing. The CBs had great coverage and were f**king blowing guys up. Not to mention we have Carradine and Dial coming back in. Also Dorsey was a stud tonight. At least at the beginning. He was taking on double teams and holding point. He also got a sack when singled. They just got tired. It was really unfair to them because they were the shining star in the darkest night.
agree,, no issues with defense cept for two drive extending penalties .those things i just pass off as frustration heat of the moment things,, but those guys should have known better. hope reid comes back sunday but as blue said,, no problem till the end when the impotence of the offense finally caught up with our defense. we did tackle much better tonight than last sunday in my opinion and that is good to see. we just can not allow them on the field that much

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
not quite possibly, they do have the best secondary. Along with the best D
Our dline is better and our CBs held their own. We just clearly and miserable couldnt match up against their secondary. WE have to keep Crab. I'm sorry it may not be cheap but he's a centerpiece for Kaep.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
HaRo have no answer for Seattle's gap-based defense. They have seen it 5 times and they still make no adjustments. You can't block for the run if you can't get an angle on the defenders. You might bull doze someone out of the hole on occasion but you won't make a living doing it. Mangini needs to step up and show Jim why his offense can't run the ball against it.

Which is why I don't understand why Hunter didn't get any action. I love Frank to death, but we need to mix in Hunter because he has more burst to attack those gaps before they close. At least for a change of pace. We only run Hunter to the edges, and Seattle sniffed that out with ease on his first play. Too obvious.

The problem is, Seattle lines up a defender in every run gap. It doesn't matter who the running back is, he can't run where there is no hole.

The only way you get Seattle out of that defense is to put a group of good pass receivers in a spread formation and force them to move one of those 8 guys back out of the box.

Last year the Seahawks spread the field, forcing the 49ers to defend the space, and then ran Lynch up the open gaps. They did pretty much the same thing again tonight.
Originally posted by buck:
I agree. There are no excuses. We played poorly. They played well. We lost.

Two games down and fourteen more to go.

Fix the penalties--and do it right now.

THIS!!! so many freaking penalties, so many damn rules I realize that, but c'mon! we are soo much better than this there is no reason a team of our cliber needs to be this penalized and we have only ourselves and the coaching to blame.
HaRo have no answer for Seattle's gap-based defense. They have seen it 5 times and they still make no adjustments. You can't block for the run if you can't get an angle on the defenders. You might bull doze someone out of the hole on occasion but you won't make a living doing it. Mangini needs to step up and show Jim why his offense can't run the ball against it.

Which is why I don't understand why Hunter didn't get any action. I love Frank to death, but we need to mix in Hunter because he has more burst to attack those gaps before they close. At least for a change of pace. We only run Hunter to the edges, and Seattle sniffed that out with ease on his first play. Too obvious.

The problem is, Seattle lines up a defender in every run gap. It doesn't matter who the running back is, he can't run where there is no hole.

The only way you get Seattle out of that defense is to put a group of good pass receivers in a spread formation and force them to move one of those 8 guys back out of the box.

Last year the Seahawks spread the field, forcing the 49ers to defend the space, and then ran Lynch up the open gaps. They did pretty much the same thing again tonight.

Like ATL did because they have Roddy and Julio
To be honest, the offensive game plan was completely opposite from what I expected. I thought this would be the game where we rely more on the running game, using Gore, Hunter, and Dixon. I'm beginning to think that's the thing of the past now, and 49ers are just a spread/option team.
Share 49ersWebzone