There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,155
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Exactly. We're not as good as we think we are.
i am really not ready to go that far but there are some areas,, like the run game where i am wondering if tonights loss exposed a weakness we did not think we had before tonight
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i think most of us realistically penned this one down as a loss before the schedule even came out. We didnt want it to end up like it did last year but we held up for a half before the injuries piled up along with penalties. Then we completely melted down in the 4th. This loss doesnt hurt as bad as last year, we got our asses handed to us right off the bat last season.


Seems like we went downhill once we lost Williams. That hurt! This coupled with Willis still recovering from a broken hand and he doesn't have his game legs yet and we got pounded.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
5 straight games under 20 points against this team. Offensive scoring has steadily decreased. It's a problem dude.

Not saying we don't stand a chance against them. We obviously do, especially at SF. But something offensively has to change, because what we're doing right now is not working.


I thought it was a HORRIBLE call by Roman. Where are the screen plays? As usual no crossing patterns. I'll give the Hawks defense some credit but I think we can do better than what Roman dialed up.

Yeah..and I think the 3-4 doesn't match up well against option teams ...leave the middle of the d line wide open
Originally posted by cciowa:
respectfully disagree, we are a run first team,. if we do not run we do not win. did you watch tonight?

Yes I watched us lose downs on run plays. The I watched stick in 2 WR 2 TE sets to threaten the run and get dominated. Then I watched us spread it out and consistently watched WRs get open. But we disgree not harm in that. I hope we learn from this.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We have a string of games where we can potentially win out IND at STL HOU ARI at TEN at JAC CAR. Can be 7 - 1 at the bye week. Calm down guys let us keep the faith

This.

This was one game. That's it. One game.

i think most of us realistically penned this one down as a loss before the schedule even came out. We didnt want it to end up like it did last year but we held up for a half before the injuries piled up along with penalties. Then we completely melted down in the 4th. This loss doesnt hurt as bad as last year, we got our asses handed to us right off the bat last season.

One game. It's September boys. Don't mean a thing. This is a LOOONNGGG season. We'll remember this game in December for obvious reasons. But for now? For now, we move onto next week.

We're 1-1. Not a terrible thing. Not at all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,155
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wow.Seattle whipped us fair and square. Kaep played like Kraep.
yes,, no excuses. those who want to trot out a bunch of excuses only lead to the label we get as whiners.
I'll say it. Kaep was rattled. He sucked this game.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Goddamn it. That s**t was cheap.

No f**king s**t. God whoever did that needs to get fined.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by sking20854:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ian is hurt...? I don't have much else to say. Sad story. Hope Dorsey steps up.

My answer for the run game... Green Bay was healthier this year & both the Pack & Hawks focused on stopping the run. That's why Kaep burned the Pack in the air.

I have no answer for Sherman dominating Boldin. He's either really good or a gigantic cheater, holding on for days.

I'm just not worried in the slightest about the Niners. Start worrying if the Hawks blow us out at home or we have to go to Seattle in the playoffs. Otherwise, we'll be fine.


Kaepernick burned the Packers because they had a young, inexperienced secondary. Seattle has a VERY good secondary.
Originally posted by dj43:
HaRo have no answer for Seattle's gap-based defense. They have seen it 5 times and they still make no adjustments. You can't block for the run if you can't get an angle on the defenders. You might bull doze someone out of the hole on occasion but you won't make a living doing it. Mangini needs to step up and show Jim why his offense can't run the ball against it.

Which is why I don't understand why Hunter didn't get any action. I love Frank to death, but we need to mix in Hunter because he has more burst to attack those gaps before they close. At least for a change of pace. We only run Hunter to the edges, and Seattle sniffed that out with ease on his first play. Too obvious.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,155
Originally posted by eonblue:
Yes I watched us lose downs on run plays. The I watched stick in 2 WR 2 TE sets to threaten the run and get dominated. Then I watched us spread it out and consistently watched WRs get open. But we disgree not harm in that. I hope we learn from this.

agree, this can not go on for another game. its like our line has forgot how to run block, something they were the best in last year?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
It's NOT troubling. They are GOOD on defense! They are a GOOD team! They are going to be a challenge regardless!

But Kaep's never played the Hawks at home. Everyone needs to calm down.

Kaep 42-13 loss last year

That wasn't at home dude. That was in Seattle's house. Nick meant Candlemistake Park. Capice?

OK, the grammar doesn't reflect the meaning. 'at home' follows 'the Hawks' , thus describing 'the Hawks' at home Capice ?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by sking20854:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ian is hurt...? I don't have much else to say. Sad story. Hope Dorsey steps up.

My answer for the run game... Green Bay was healthier this year & both the Pack & Hawks focused on stopping the run. That's why Kaep burned the Pack in the air.

I have no answer for Sherman dominating Boldin. He's either really good or a gigantic cheater, holding on for days.

I'm just not worried in the slightest about the Niners. Start worrying if the Hawks blow us out at home or we have to go to Seattle in the playoffs. Otherwise, we'll be fine.

Kaepernick burned the Packers because they had a young, inexperienced secondary. Seattle has a VERY good secondary.

This is true.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Goddamn it. That s**t was cheap.

No f**king s**t. God whoever did that needs to get fined.

Their RG Sweezy. Dirty SOB.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
It's NOT troubling. They are GOOD on defense! They are a GOOD team! They are going to be a challenge regardless!

But Kaep's never played the Hawks at home. Everyone needs to calm down.

Kaep 42-13 loss last year

That wasn't at home dude. That was in Seattle's house. Nick meant Candlemistake Park. Capice?

OK, the grammar doesn't reflect the meaning. 'at home' follows 'the Hawks' , thus describing 'the Hawks' at home Capice ?

I know what I meant!