There are 262 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Seattle Seahawks/ 49ers W 13–6

if you watched the game our D crushed their O.

Crushed... okay... crushed...

like i said, if you watched the game...The D crushed them.

If you fancy yourself the smug intellect...have fun with it. but Sherman failed to mention it.

The D crushed them in the 1st half today too. But with the offensive playing so poorly, it was only a matter of time before the walls collapsed. No defense can withstand that kind of ineptness from their own offense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Out coached, and out played. Just that simple. Seattle was the better team tonight...and it wasn't close.

Lot of head scratching needs to go on down in Santa Clara tomorrow morning.
i am disappointed and pretty puzzled by our lines sudden inability to run block
about the only thing or people I am mad about are brooks and smith for those excusable drive extending penalties,. some i figure will whine about them but when you hit back, you will get caught, those two should know that, 3rd and f**king 28 and you let em off the hook is pretty maddening. tomorrow i will forget about it cuz those two will make more good plays than bad but that is the about the only thing i am really mad about. to me, when you get your ass kicked like this, with no controversies, fair and square, it is actually pretty easy to take.... as long as the team learns. a loss is a negative. not to learn from it is a double negative
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We have a string of games where we can potentially win out IND at STL HOU ARI at TEN at JAC CAR. Can be 7 - 1 at the bye week. Calm down guys let us keep the faith

This.

This was one game. That's it. One game.

i think most of us realistically penned this one down as a loss before the schedule even came out. We didnt want it to end up like it did last year but we held up for a half before the injuries piled up along with penalties. Then we completely melted down in the 4th. This loss doesnt hurt as bad as last year, we got our asses handed to us right off the bat last season.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Hard to play a fair game on a slanted field.

JR Sweezy chop blocked Ian Williams and he's done for 8 weeks. Sneezy is almost as big a piece of trash as his coach, Tom Cable. No flag, btw.

Their secondary made contact downfield all night...no flags.

Aldon gets a personal foul for playing patty cake...and Clay Matthews gets no flag for punching Joe Staley IN THE FACE.

We got jobbed. It is what it is.

49ers have to get up for Indy and bring it hard next week.

A quick note to any Seahawks trolls in this forum: get bent. With a broken pop bottle.

Wow.Seattle whipped us fair and square. Kaep played like Kraep.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
5 straight games under 20 points against this team. Offensive scoring has steadily decreased. It's a problem dude.

Not saying we don't stand a chance against them. We obviously do, especially at SF. But something offensively has to change, because what we're doing right now is not working.

I thought it was a HORRIBLE call by Roman. Where are the screen plays? As usual no crossing patterns. I'll give the Hawks defense some credit but I think we can do better than what Roman dialed up.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Seattle Seahawks/ 49ers W 13–6

if you watched the game our D crushed their O.

Crushed... okay... crushed...

like i said, if you watched the game...The D crushed them.

If you fancy yourself the smug intellect...have fun with it. but Sherman failed to mention it.

The D crushed them in the 1st half today too. But with the offensive playing so poorly, it was only a matter of time before the walls collapsed. No defense can withstand that kind of ineptness from their own offense.

Agreed.
Originally posted by sking20854:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ian is hurt...? I don't have much else to say. Sad story. Hope Dorsey steps up.

My answer for the run game... Green Bay was healthier this year & both the Pack & Hawks focused on stopping the run. That's why Kaep burned the Pack in the air.

I have no answer for Sherman dominating Boldin. He's either really good or a gigantic cheater, holding on for days.

I'm just not worried in the slightest about the Niners. Start worrying if the Hawks blow us out at home or we have to go to Seattle in the playoffs. Otherwise, we'll be fine.

Broken ankle. Done for the season.

I know. I just don't have a reaction. It sucks.
  • dj43
After watching the Harbaugh/Roman offense for two years, how does any smart Niner fan not know how this team makes its money?

Pre-snap audibles & motion to create mismatches, which we cannot do in Seattle. It was the same problem last time we were there.

If you really think the 49ers are in trouble after tonight, you haven't been watching them close enough these past two years (not you fropwns). We win that game at home 8 times outta 10.

I get your point, and it is correct but only to a certain degree. We still had pre-snap audibles and motions in this game.

At home it's been the same story. We are not scoring against this team.

Harbaugh's scoring offense against Seattle since 2011:

19 Home
13 Home

This is troubling.

It's NOT troubling. They are GOOD on defense! They are a GOOD team! They are going to be a challenge regardless!

But Kaep's never played the Hawks at home. Everyone needs to calm down.

5 straight games under 20 points against this team. Offensive scoring has steadily decreased. It's a problem dude.

Not saying we don't stand a chance against them. We obviously do, especially at SF. But something offensively has to change, because what we're doing right now is not working.

HaRo have no answer for Seattle's gap-based defense. They have seen it 5 times and they still make no adjustments. You can't block for the run if you can't get an angle on the defenders. You might bull doze someone out of the hole on occasion but you won't make a living doing it. Mangini needs to step up and show Jim why his offense can't run the ball against it.
Originally posted by sking20854:
Ian is hurt...? I don't have much else to say. Sad story. Hope Dorsey steps up.

My answer for the run game... Green Bay was healthier this year & both the Pack & Hawks focused on stopping the run. That's why Kaep burned the Pack in the air.

I have no answer for Sherman dominating Boldin. He's either really good or a gigantic cheater, holding on for days.

I'm just not worried in the slightest about the Niners. Start worrying if the Hawks blow us out at home or we have to go to Seattle in the playoffs. Otherwise, we'll be fine.

Broken ankle. Done for the season.

the niners havent said if he's done for the season yet.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Exactly. We're not as good as we think we are.
i am really not ready to go that far but there are some areas,, like the run game where i am wondering if tonights loss exposed a weakness we did not think we had before tonight

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i think most of us realistically penned this one down as a loss before the schedule even came out. We didnt want it to end up like it did last year but we held up for a half before the injuries piled up along with penalties. Then we completely melted down in the 4th. This loss doesnt hurt as bad as last year, we got our asses handed to us right off the bat last season.

Seems like we went downhill once we lost Williams. That hurt! This coupled with Willis still recovering from a broken hand and he doesn't have his game legs yet and we got pounded.
Originally posted by pete98146:

I thought it was a HORRIBLE call by Roman. Where are the screen plays? As usual no crossing patterns. I'll give the Hawks defense some credit but I think we can do better than what Roman dialed up.

Yeah..and I think the 3-4 doesn't match up well against option teams ...leave the middle of the d line wide open
Originally posted by cciowa:
respectfully disagree, we are a run first team,. if we do not run we do not win. did you watch tonight?

Yes I watched us lose downs on run plays. The I watched stick in 2 WR 2 TE sets to threaten the run and get dominated. Then I watched us spread it out and consistently watched WRs get open. But we disgree not harm in that. I hope we learn from this.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We have a string of games where we can potentially win out IND at STL HOU ARI at TEN at JAC CAR. Can be 7 - 1 at the bye week. Calm down guys let us keep the faith

This.

This was one game. That's it. One game.

One game. It's September boys. Don't mean a thing. This is a LOOONNGGG season. We'll remember this game in December for obvious reasons. But for now? For now, we move onto next week.

We're 1-1. Not a terrible thing. Not at all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wow.Seattle whipped us fair and square. Kaep played like Kraep.
yes,, no excuses. those who want to trot out a bunch of excuses only lead to the label we get as whiners.
Share 49ersWebzone