LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 457 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know Seattle does' travel and play on the East Coast that well, but I was not impressed by their play at all. I know being at home against the 9ers Sunday night in their home opener that they will be pumped up as well. Carolina could have one that game with a more aggressive game plan. Newton did a good job passing the ball but they left a lot of plays on the field that could have produced points and come away with the win.

Carolina's D looked solid and did a good job in the secondary. Wilson had a slow start and having Justin Smith back in this game as he missed the game in Dec. last year will be one of the X factors. I also believe Boldin going against Sherman will be another great matchup. Boldin will not be intimidated. We need to get other receivers involved to take some pressure off of that matchup and hopefully the run game gets back into form. They are shaky and have some injuries to the DL and a perfect time to flex our muscles. I think our O will balance out more this week, but am fully confident that Kaep can put this team on his back if we need him too. I see a 24-17 W !!!!! GO 49ERS!!!
Both the 49ers and Seattle won their respective games, but could have lost also. Both teams will make corrections.

Let's not underestimate the home field advantage, plus the crowd noise specifically in this case. The pressure is obviouisly on Seattle to win, but that doesn't mean they will play bad.

As a 49er fan, I would like to see what the team does when they take away Boldin in this game.
I hope they don't have the same delay of game issues as last time, that was brutal.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
To win, we have to get the midget on the ground or he's just going to dink and dunk us to death.
Kaep is going to be looking for revenge. Im predicting McDonald to have a big game.
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2013/09/10/seahawks-depth-chart-out-clemons-listed-as-starter-at-defensive-end/
Originally posted by xela510:
Kaep is going to be looking for revenge. Im predicting McDonald to have a big game.

Hunter will also have a huge play in this game
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2013/09/10/seahawks-depth-chart-out-clemons-listed-as-starter-at-defensive-end/

Good, One less excuse for the ass whooping.
I see the other 'Q' ... Quinton making a contribution.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Good, One less excuse for the ass whooping.

This. I want them at full strength, even if we're not.

it didn't say he was actually going to play, it said he was moved on the depth chart
If we find Wilson's pot of gold, we win!
Originally posted by seahawkblueforever:
it didn't say he was actually going to play, it said he was moved on the depth chart

What's going on with Avril and Browner? Will they play?
Agree with prior poster, I think Dick Sherman will get assigned to Boldin and they'll double team Vernon all night long. In order to win this game, we'll need to get a huge performance from both Kyle Williams and McDonald. Kaep will also need to be accurate and patient.

On the defensive side of the ball, we need to shore up our tackling. If we try to arm tackle Lynch it's going to be a long night. Didn't think either Bowman or Willis (gets a pass because of his hand) had a fantastic game against GB but they'll need to bring it on Sunday.

Last but not least, I don't think the Niners are intimidated by the Hawks but they will be intimidated by the Qwest Field bedlam and noise. We need a TOTAL team effort to pull this one off. If we can eliminate the penalties and get the plays in on time and keep our cool we definitely have a shot.
Carroll told reporters this afternoon that defensive end Cliff Avril was close to getting on the field against Carolina, and is expected to be ready for Sunday's home opener against San Francisco if he makes it through practice this week.

"Cliff Avril is a good possibility if me makes it through the week," Carroll said. "He practice well enough last week, and he was very close to being able to play on Sunday.

"So we're planning on him being a part of it this week, unless he has some kind of setback we can't foresee. So that will be a nice little boost to get him back in the game."

Carroll said that Brandon Browner still had issues with his hamstring during pre-game warm-ups, and the hope is that he'll return to practice on Thursday. Browner remains a possibility to play against San Francisco.

"He ran hard in pre-game, but not full speed," Carroll said. "We want to make sure that we can get him back to full speed. He's in a track meet out there. So he has to have all of that going for him. He ran today. He's going to run tomorrow. And Wednesday we'll see how he does."

Defensive end Chris Clemons will get some reps with the team on Wednesday, but still might have to wait a couple weeks to get back on the field.

Source: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2013/09/09/avril-expected-to-play-vs-49ers-browner-slated-to-practice-on-thursday/#more-18476#storylink=cpy
Share 49ersWebzone