There are 167 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It will be a great game, the only thing i dont like is that as hard as these two teams hit we will probably both be hobbled at certain positions. hopefully pete carroll lowers sherman and chancellors dosages this week and they dont go full on roid rage again like last year. i hope harbaugh gives the coaches an earful before the game because they were getting away with murder last year on our wideouts
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Agreed with both sides of this summary. I think the 9ers win if the Seahawks only play as well as they did against the Panthers, but c'mon guys, even the most diehard, homer 9ers fans know the Hawks are going to come out stronger than that.

I think the Hawks take this one, and then the 9ers win at home later this year (fwiw I think these teams are pretty evenly matched, and like last year, will be splitting wins based on home games with the difference maybe coming down to squeezing out a win on the road against each other).

Its Road vs Home, Seattle is a completely different team based on where they play... not that hard to see it. Of course Seattle will come out strong, havent seen any reasonable poster say otherwise but to blame looking blah for 3 quarters on weather and injuries is like complaining about playing at the Clink cause it is raining lol.

Seems a lot like the, "We didn't have the Aldon's and played a tough road game the week before........" Just sayin it goes both ways. Weather isn't a great excuse but our injuries are no different than you'd have if you lost 4 starters on D. Missing Irvin, Avril, and Clemons alone is missing nearly 30 sacks from last year. (Avril on a different team tough). I think missing Irvin is a big loss this week for sure with your speed on offense. I have a feeling Browner and Avril will play and Clemons has started practicing so he may get some time in key spots. I'm hoping so at least.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
It will be a great game, the only thing i dont like is that as hard as these two teams hit we will probably both be hobbled at certain positions. hopefully pete carroll lowers sherman and chancellors dosages this week and they dont go full on roid rage again like last year. i hope harbaugh gives the coaches an earful before the game because they were getting away with murder last year on our wideouts

Won't happen this year. We have a mini rhino now.
[ Edited by redrathman on Sep 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Contain the edges and send delayed blitzes up the middle. Wilson makes one read and then bails from the pocket to perform his circus act. Keep him in the pocket and he'll make mistakes.

You mean he'll throw for 320 yds with no INT's. Okay.....I'll take that.
[ Edited by Gametime2013 on Sep 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM ]
Originally posted by redrathman:

One happen this year. We have a mini rhino now.

Reid? hes gonna be f**kin s**t up back there with Whitner. for a guy his size, donte hits pretty damn hard
GB and CAR gave us the template for how to play SEA defensively. Knowing Lynch is the fulcrum you take him away. Knowing Wilson thrives on play action he then suffers. Next you keep a discipline contained rush keeping Wilson in the pocket where his visibility is extremely limited. Russell will then dance to buy time frantically. Then the delayed blitz where he can't excape containment. Every team will play him this way.

To attack the defense you must run effectively. You must commit to it early and often. And since we have Kap and large physical targets in Q VD Vance and the separation speed of KW Kap will make plays with his cannon.

It will be tough but I think we can win. I'm glad that this is there in Sept because we always take injury up there. Rather it be now and get the players back come playoffs than to gave our receiving core decimated come playoffs. KW Delanie Manning Ham for example the last 2 years
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Carolina kitties stroked the CAWKS and eventually got poked... CAWKS won't have the same luxuries this Sunday, Niners gonna tear them a new hole!
niners gonna get that ass!!!
People that think this is going to be an easy game are kidding themselves.. We obviously have the talent to win by a lot if we execute, but I just don't see it going down like that. I think it will be within 10 points. I think are a few keys to victory.

1) We are going to need to utilize all the mismatches we have in order to win the game. Vernon, McDonald, Boldin
2) Use their aggressive defense against them with screens to keep the defense honest.
3) Establish the run game earlier to control T.O.P.
4) Zone blitzes could be an asset - simultaneously create pressure and take away the alternative reads.
5) EXECUTE on ST's.
Originally posted by redrathman:

One happen this year. We have a mini rhino now.

Reid? hes gonna be f**kin s**t up back there with Whitner. for a guy his size, donte hits pretty damn hard

niners gonna get that ass!!!

Originally posted by Gametime2013:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Contain the edges and send delayed blitzes up the middle. Wilson makes one read and then bails from the pocket to perform his circus act. Keep him in the pocket and he'll make mistakes.

You mean he'll throw for 320 yds with no INT's. Okay.....I'll take that.

Naw more like take hits and make mistakes. Better then letting him rum around.

Did you watch the game? Carolina had some success. And yards don't mean anything, you scored only one td. And it was wilson running out of the pocket. IIRC.

He just threw it up into double civerage and the wr made a play.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM ]
They took away the read option, the 49ers beat them with Boldin.

They took away Boldin, the 49ers beat them with... .... ?

I really hope VD + Patton come up big.

It will be a hard fought match - the 49ers trying to make up for the brutal loss last year and Seattle trying to take control of the NFC West.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm a little worried that we had an intense back-n-forth nail-biter against an elite team leading into Seattle . . . AGAIN, but we were home yesterday and our defense is healthy this time.

It's going to be intense.

our defense was on the field for WAY fewer plays against GB than in NE. Was it 90 plays or something ridiculous last year, vs. around 60 yesterday. Plus it's earlier in the season and defense is healthier...
Why don't the 49er give everyone on offense the wrist bands with the plays on them and go no huddle using hand signals and silent snap count.
Share 49ersWebzone