There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

I think we beat these chumps by 2 TDs; it isn't winter, it isn't slick, and it won't be raining up there, so all they have is their cheap shots.
This is the toughest matchup on the schedule as far as I'm concerned. Seattle is a divisional rival so the game is of higher importance, they beat us up bad (with Kaep) last year, can out physical us if we're not on our game and have a secondary that has erased our WR's in the past. Oh, and we're playing them in Seattle. If we win this game, it'll be a huge statement.

Seattle's physicality is what concerns me most. For example, Clay Matthews couldn't deal with the physicality of niners o-line and Kaep's elusiveness so he got frustrated and resorted to dirty tactics. Seattle isn't going to fake being tough in this matchup. They deserve full credit for where they are and this is a big-time matchup.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
This is the toughest matchup on the schedule as far as I'm concerned. Seattle is a divisional rival so the game is of higher importance, they beat us up bad (with Kaep) last year, can out physical us if we're not on our game and have a secondary that has erased our WR's in the past. Oh, and we're playing them in Seattle. If we win this game, it'll be a huge statement.

Seattle's physicality is what concerns me most. For example, Clay Matthews couldn't deal with the physicality of niners o-line and Kaep's elusiveness so he got frustrated and resorted to dirty tactics. Seattle isn't going to fake being tough in this matchup. They deserve full credit for where they are and this is a big-time matchup.

I hope to f**k we get our running game going, we gotta be completely balanced this time around, Roman can't do the same crap he did there last year, even the Falcons had to ditch the 'finesse' to beat them in the playoffs.
Originally posted by 5280High:
WeatherRushexcuses but youre "entire" rush wasnt hurt. One was suspended, and youre two new additions on the D line didnt look all that great. Gonna make excuses for every road game seattle looks mediocre? Cause there is gonna be quite a few.

Wrong, Clemons, Irvin Avril all out, Mebane and Bennett both playing with injuries. No excuses got to go with what you have, next man up and all, but to simply say we weren't missing our pass rush is ridiculous, Avril, Irving and Clemons accounted for well over 30 sacks last season, that's a significant loss.

I seem to remember hearing how JS and Aldon being out played a significant part in your loss last December, this is no different.. Good teams can overcome these losses when playing slightly weaker teams, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a significant loss. Not to mention we were missing browner...

Having said that, i was not impressed with the way our team looked, it was an ugly win, but i'll take it, sometimes you just win ugly, I fully expect to see a better showing Sunday on both sides of the ball.. I wouldn't be suprised if we lose, but i would't be suprised if we win either.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Sep 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
Bring on the cawks!
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by 5280High:
WeatherRushexcuses but youre "entire" rush wasnt hurt. One was suspended, and youre two new additions on the D line didnt look all that great. Gonna make excuses for every road game seattle looks mediocre? Cause there is gonna be quite a few.

Wrong, Clemons, Irvin Avril all out, Mebane and Bennett both playing with injuries. No excuses got to go with what you have, next man up and all, but to simply say we weren't missing our pass rush is ridiculous, Avril, Irving and Clemons accounted for 30+ sacks last season, that's a significant loss.

I seem to remember hearing how JS and Aldon being out played a significant part in your loss last December, this is no different.. Good teams can overcome these losses when playing slightly weaker teams, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a significant loss. Not to mention we were missing browner...

Having said that, i was not impressed with the way our team looked, it was an ugly win, but i'll take it, sometimes you just win ugly, I fully expect to see a better showing Sunday on both sides of the ball.. I wouldn't be suprised if we lose, but i would't be suprised if we win either.

To be fair, SF's pre-season rank was 3 and GB's was 5. This was a matchup of elite teams in the NFL and a complete domination is probably a bit much to ask for.
Kyle Williams might have missed out on opportunities against the Packers, but watch out for him being effective against the Seahawks.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Kyle Williams might have missed out on opportunities against the Packers, but watch out for him being effective against the Seahawks.


unless they cheap shot him out of the game again
Originally posted by hawker84:
Wrong, Clemons, Irvin Avril all out, Mebane and Bennett both playing with injuries. No excuses got to go with what you have, next man up and all, but to simply say we weren't missing our pass rush is ridiculous, Avril, Irving and Clemons accounted for 30+ sacks last season, that's a significant loss.

I seem to remember hearing how JS and Aldon being out played a significant part in your loss last December, this is no different.. Good teams can overcome these losses when playing slightly weaker teams, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a significant loss. Not to mention we were missing browner...

Having said that, i was not impressed with the way our team looked, it was an ugly win, but i'll take it, sometimes you just win ugly, I fully expect to see a better showing Sunday on both sides of the ball.. I wouldn't be suprised if we lose, but i would't be suprised if we win either.

Ive never made the JS excuse, Aldon was still a beast (22 QB pressures) in the playoffs and was going against quick release QBs. No ones ever fully healthy, its not an excuse. So no matter the outcome of next week or injuries involved, winner gets braggin rights till game 2 at the stick.
It's going to be a lot tougher, but it will be a different game. The Seahawks secondary will be a lot better than the Packers were just because they're better, but also because the Pack were missing their two starting safeties. The Seahawks will have Browner back. On the other hand, the Seahawk run defense doesn't look as good as the Packers run defense looked which is kind of surprising to me. The Seahawks running offense sure didn't look that good and Wilson was pressured all game so I expect the Niners front seven to bring the heat on him. I expect the Niners to have more success running the ball than they did this game, but I expect the passing game to be tougher - I don't see any QB in the league laying 400 yards on the Seahawks defense. That's not going to happen. The key for me is whether the Niner defense can stop the Seahawks. I don't think the Seahawks can prevent this Niner offense from scoring some points.
I love the fact that we're once again a team that's dominant despite minor imperfections, cause we're a f**king elite team playing other elite teams.

-People can b***h and complain all they want, but I remember games like that Giants one in '88 where Jerry Rice couldn't even catch a f**king pass until he caught that TD to win it at the Meadowlands. Nobody gave us s**t though, cause we were facing a contender.
Seattle at home, the crowd is going for some kind of noise record, Russell Wilson is slippery and we can never seem to bring that piece of s**t down. Repeat of last years game in Seattle
Seattle 69 49ers 2
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
What is the spread?

Seattle opened as 3.5 favorites, but now it dropped to 2.5
Originally posted by hawker84:
Wrong, Clemons, Irvin Avril all out, Mebane and Bennett both playing with injuries. No excuses got to go with what you have, next man up and all, but to simply say we weren't missing our pass rush is ridiculous, Avril, Irving and Clemons accounted for almost 40 sacks last season, that's a significant loss.

I seem to remember hearing how JS and Aldon being out played a significant part in your loss last December, this is no different.. Good teams can overcome these losses when playing slightly weaker teams, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a significant loss. Not to mention we were missing browner...

Having said that, i was not impressed with the way our team looked, it was an ugly win, but i'll take it, sometimes you just win ugly, I fully expect to see a better showing Sunday on both sides of the ball.. I wouldn't be suprised if we lose, but i would't be suprised if we win either.


Russell Wilson made perhaps the most amazing play I have ever seen in that game.

Sprinting backwards, spinning around, tosses the ball to the sideline that hangs in the air, which lands in the only few inches of the field where it could be caught by the receiver.

I think a pass rush is counter productive against Wilson. It just allows him to make more plays. Carolina sacrificed some pass rush to make sure he stayed in the pocket. It seemed to work a little bit.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Seattle at home, the crowd is going for some kind of noise record, Russell Wilson is slippery and we can never seem to bring that piece of s**t down. Repeat of last years game in Seattle
Seattle 69 49ers 2


We moved the ball fine against them last time. It was the fumbles and special teams that did us in. They injured Manningham by holding him up, and then hitting him high to break his knees. That won't work against Boldin, he is too strong.
...