LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

How many blowout victories will we have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many blowout victories will we have?

Originally posted by zillabeast:
In all honesty I think this year's squad is primed to run wild on their entire schedule. Don't be surprised to see an explosion of points that harkens back to the days when George Seifert used to run up 42 points on the Falcons at halftime just because they could.

With this incredible defense in place, I think we're in for a very good year.

I would very much enjoy this
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

But, hey, who needs to listen to BrodieBlueBanaGrinch. Let's start measuring the ring finger for super bowl jewelry. Let's have a poll! How many 49ers will drink champagne after the SUper Bowl victory, how many will drink Kristal!

Poll it up!

Size 11...oh and put me down for +1 on the Kristal.

Thanks, your a real pal.
Hahah we all suckin' each other's dicks already!!
Originally posted by dj43:
I am not as optimistic as some here. I predict an 11-5 season which will launch a good playoff run, though perhaps not to the Super Bowl. All of that depends on injuries.

My optimism is seasoned by the sure knowledge that every team in the league has spent the entire off season studying how to stop the read option. Some will do that better than others but everyone will be more ready to at least slow it down than they were in the past. That will take away some of the explosive runs that CK had last season, and the setup for other parts of the running game.

Of course the other issue is all about WR. I do not consider Williams or Moore or Collie or Baldwin to be significant threats in the passing game, at least until they prove otherwise.

All that means ground-and-pound, and those games are rarely blowouts. I could see one or two 20 point wins but most of the wins will be 10-13 point victories.

What I hope for more than anything else is no more WWL. If we can just play consistent football, being ready AT THE START of the game, I will be pleased.

First I think it is important for you to realize the read option was simply a wrinkle that teams weren't ready for. It is not a staple of the offense. Kaepernick had great trouble last year taking snaps from under center. The pistol was a familiar alternative until Kaep is ready to run snaps from center. Once he displays this...I believe you will not see the pistol formation as much and you will see how diverse Harbaugh's system is.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

This
One at a time
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
One at a time

This
  • dj43
Originally posted by reasonable1:
I am not as optimistic as some here. I predict an 11-5 season which will launch a good playoff run, though perhaps not to the Super Bowl. All of that depends on injuries.

My optimism is seasoned by the sure knowledge that every team in the league has spent the entire off season studying how to stop the read option. Some will do that better than others but everyone will be more ready to at least slow it down than they were in the past. That will take away some of the explosive runs that CK had last season, and the setup for other parts of the running game.

Of course the other issue is all about WR. I do not consider Williams or Moore or Collie or Baldwin to be significant threats in the passing game, at least until they prove otherwise.

All that means ground-and-pound, and those games are rarely blowouts. I could see one or two 20 point wins but most of the wins will be 10-13 point victories.

What I hope for more than anything else is no more WWL. If we can just play consistent football, being ready AT THE START of the game, I will be pleased.

First I think it is important for you to realize the read option was simply a wrinkle that teams weren't ready for. It is not a staple of the offense. Kaepernick had great trouble last year taking snaps from under center. The pistol was a familiar alternative until Kaep is ready to run snaps from center. Once he displays this...I believe you will not see the pistol formation as much and you will see how diverse Harbaugh's system is.

It was a wrinkle, but a BIG wrinkle, particularly when run out of the pistol. It gives the offense a great deal more flexibility while retaining the usual tailback depth. It gives the QB, and the RB, much more time to read the defense post-snap, all the while putting much greater pressure on the defense. I expect to see a continuation of it this upcoming season despite the efforts of the defense, just that it will not catch many teams by surprise.

I keep hearing about Harbaugh's diverse offense, and we actually see glimpses of it from time to time, however, it seems to disappear in clutch situations and in the RZ. Let's hope that changes.
3+

I would say those teams will be Titans, Jaguars, Cardinals & Seahawks @home
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Hahah we all suckin' each other's dicks already!!

This.

2 blowouts....the cardinals being the team we blow out.
None now since yo candy ass has already jinxed us.
Originally posted by mattster03:
3+

I would say those teams will be Titans, Jaguars, Cardinals & Seahawks @home

seahwaks would be awesome, but a bit of wishful thinking there lol
Couple of warning shots:

Green Bay 1s completely shut down the Seattle 1s last night. Dom Capers is a very good DC and will have some surprises waiting that first game.

Arizona will be a much more competitive team this season. Carson Palmer, though no longer the QB he once was, is still far better than the motley crew that masqueraded as a quarterback last year. Also, Bruce Arians is a legit talent as HC. The job he did last season at Indy with a rookie QB and only a single veteran WR was quite remarkable. Though the emotions there played a part of it, he did put the pieces together and made them work. He is inheriting a roster that has more talent on it than their record indicated. I don't expect a blowout in either of those two games. Victories? Likely. Blowouts? No.

Dom Capers is overrated as hell, outside of Matthews nobody on that defense scares anybody. In both games last year against GB the offense was able to impose their will against GB.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Dom Capers is overrated as hell, outside of Matthews nobody on that defense scares anybody. In both games last year against GB the offense was able to impose their will against GB.

we should be able to move the ball easily against GB

rodgers will get his 17-28 points
Share 49ersWebzone