There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So.....a receiver coming back from a Torn ACL is our Deep Threat???

Originally posted by verb1der:
Is a deep threat really a must? I mean, we did go to the Superbowl without one.

THIS! For two years we've won our division without a deep threat. Get over it! Stretch the field with a fast receiver - hit him once, and suddenly you have to worry about it - and that goes for the rest of the season.

I'm not worried about it. We haven't had a deep threat since TO. 18 yards gets a first down, also! If we have a mid-range passing game it's just as good, easily.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM ]
Well we haven't had a "deep threat" the last 2 years and that didn't stop us from making the NFCCG and Super Bowl. So who cares?
what are yall talking about? Randy was our deep threat. Do yall not remember watching him run down field taking 2-3 defenders with him???
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what are yall talking about? Randy was our deep threat. Do yall not remember watching him run down field taking 2-3 defenders with him???

Maybe back in 2006, didnt see anything but alligator arms from Randy last year.

This thread does not deliver.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what are yall talking about? Randy was our deep threat. Do yall not remember watching him run down field taking 2-3 defenders with him???

Not on a consistent basis, he only played a few snaps each game. He had the 1 TD in the Pats game, but I dont remember many deep balls to him.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by natrone06:
I would say Baldwin has the most potential to potentially(lol) fill that roll.

I guess that can be the case if he starts MegaTroning CBs...then safeties might have to roll over.

but speed wise, I'm still worried. He is not slow and he is not above average...he is pretty fast for his size. But I don't know if he can get speed separation. But hopefully he can be, but you can understand why I would not be that confident it will work out.

I completely understand. Its not just the deep threat either. We don't have a single receiver that can gain any consistent separation on the outside. My faith is that Haroman like always will maximize the weapons we do have and use their strengths and kaep will be on point.
I don't get the hard on for Lockette. He sucks, get over it.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what are yall talking about? Randy was our deep threat. Do yall not remember watching him run down field taking 2-3 defenders with him???

I can walk faster than 60 year old Randy could run. He was no deep threat.
VD is a deep threat, i dont see the problem. we dont have any burners besides him but we have a bunch of pretty fast receivers. playing speed is different than timed speed
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what are yall talking about? Randy was our deep threat. Do yall not remember watching him run down field taking 2-3 defenders with him???

Yeah if you watched last year even with the lack of deep passes caught defenses still respected Randy's speed and played him accordingly. They gave him huge cushions and often had help over top. It was definitely a plus for our offense.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,631
Originally posted by Disp:
Well we haven't had a "deep threat" the last 2 years and that didn't stop us from making the NFCCG and Super Bowl. So who cares?

Not to mention, the depth is more deep and better than last year. With VD, Mcdonald, K. Williams and Boldin on the field, that will be more than enough to keep defenses guessing... can't cover everyone PLUS the run game/Kaep will have Defenses dripping a little diarrhea in their tights!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what are yall talking about? Randy was our deep threat. Do yall not remember watching him run down field taking 2-3 defenders with him???

Not on a consistent basis, he only played a few snaps each game. He had the 1 TD in the Pats game, but I dont remember many deep balls to him.

yeah because he usually had 2-3 defenders converging to his area...he was drawing coverage, which is all I cared about.
V.D. is the deep threat. also Y.A.C. yards are every bit as good and effective...... Paging Mr. Boldin
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by natrone06:
I would say Baldwin has the most potential to potentially(lol) fill that roll.

I guess that can be the case if he starts MegaTroning CBs...then safeties might have to roll over.

but speed wise, I'm still worried. He is not slow and he is not above average...he is pretty fast for his size. But I don't know if he can get speed separation. But hopefully he can be, but you can understand why I would not be that confident it will work out.

I completely understand. Its not just the deep threat either. We don't have a single receiver that can gain any consistent separation on the outside. My faith is that Haroman like always will maximize the weapons we do have and use their strengths and kaep will be on point.

yeah the past few years we were able to draw up plays that got players WIDE Open sometimes. I just hope we are not going to have rely on Boldin and Baldwin making spectacular plays while closely covered.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
VD is a deep threat, i dont see the problem. we dont have any burners besides him but we have a bunch of pretty fast receivers. playing speed is different than timed speed

was just going to post this. VD is our deep threat. And lets be real randy was not much of a deep threat last year.