LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Our Schedule is awesome.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you really think about it, our schedule give us a chance to really prove what and who we are as a football team. We face all of the new hot commodities at quarterback. Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Robert Griffin III vs. Colin Kaepernick. That alone is just press for days. Okay and then we have the Packers, Saints, and the Falcons, not to mention the Seahawks twice. These are all of the top teams in the NFC. These are playoff previews. When I was trying to be optimistic as we went 6-10 I was scared to see a winning team on our schedule. Since Harbaugh has taken over I can't wait to see the outcome of these type of games. I don't know am I a homer that is too excited to see a tough schedule? Am I just a fan that knows that his team is the most dominant in the NFC? You tell me.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Aug 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM ]
No idea how the Ws go the first 6 weeks, but I bet we do well. 4 Ws, maybe, maybe not. But 6 is also a possibility I never dreamt of before, but with addition of Baldin, we have just gained an immense advantage. Also Denver helped out by von millers screw up. Thanks Von, buddy. Give me an advantage , any advantage , and I'll. take it every time. 12th man or not, I think we have the horses to go wipe SEA all over the field. Not that they won't be tough, but we got better players at every position except STRONG CORNERS, and those are getting better too. Skins are going nowhere, and playing RG now is stoopid. Really, really stoopid. Luck will be a great game, but we have them outmanned. Funny thing about games tho, no matter what the odds are, you still got to play them...and anything, good or bad, can always happen.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Also Denver helped out by von millers screw up. Thanks Von, buddy.

How does that help us at all? We don't play Denver and they're in a different conference.
Our schedule is easier than last year. Look at the non-division games:

Green Bay - Same as last year, except we are at HOME.
Indianapolis - Good team. At HOME.
Houston - Good team. At HOME.
@ Tennessee - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Jacksonville - SUB 500 team on the road.
Carolina - SUB 500 team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - SUB 500 team on the road.
@ Washington - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Tampa Bay - SUB 500 team on the road.
Atlanta - Good team. At HOME.

Only ONE game against a good team on the road.

Last year:
@ Green Bay - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
Detroit - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ Minnesota - Tough game, because its a good team on the road.
@ Jets - Sub 500 team on the road.
Buffalo - Sub 500 team at HOME.
Giants - Good team at HOME.
Chicago - Good team at HOME.
@ New Orleans - Sub 500 team on the road.
Miami - Sub 500 team at HOME.
@ New England - Tough game, team had not lost at home in December for 10 years.

THREE games against good teams on the road.

I think our schedule this year is clearly easier than last year. The divisional games are always the same of course, and one might argue that the division is tougher, but I don't think it is THAT much tougher from last year.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM ]
You gentlemen are looking at our schedule from a different angle then what I am. I am thinking what better way then to feature the San Francisco 49ers than to put them up against the best teams, and then test against "lesser" teams. If we lose to a "bad" team then the media can doubt our ability. If we lose to a "greater" team then the media can doubt our ability to win in the playoffs. We have the schedule to prove how good of a team we really are.

Edits: New Orleans is a tough team regardless of their record last year.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Aug 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM ]
one game at a time
I heard that GB and us are the only teams that play there first 3 teams that we're in the playoffs last year, we need to show something on O this Sunday, our D is going to be probably like the 2011 team, we have depth this year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
If your really think about it, our schedule give us a chance to really prove what and who we are as a football team. We face all of the new hot commodities at quarterback. Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Robert Griffin III vs. Colin Kaepernick. That alone is just press for days. Okay and then we have the Packers, Saints, and the Falcons, not to mention the Seahawks twice. These are all of the top teams in the NFC. These are playoff previews. When I was trying to be optimistic as we went 6-10 I was scared to see a winning team on our schedule. Since Harbaugh has taken over I can't wait to see the outcome of these type of games. I don't know am I a homer that is too excited to see a tough schedule? Am I just a fan that knows that his team is the most dominant in the NFC? You tell me.

I'm all for it... all those teams (except Saints) went to playoffs last year. All those teams mentioned have playoff caliber QBs. Haters will still spew out garbage from their disgusting minds/mouths, but those will all be quality wins (yeah, I said wins) for the Niners. Even though we get Texans at home, that's still going to be another quality win. Also, Tampa on the road won't be a cakewalk so, there goes another quality win

You definitely know that this team is the "most dominant team in the NFC" and there's no doubt in my mind that you're also an excited homer

They could, however, end up proving to be the most dominating team in the league by the end of the season...
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM ]
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
You gentlemen are looking at our schedule from a different angle then what I am. I am thinking what better way then to feature the San Francisco 49ers than to put them up against the best teams, and then test against "lesser" teams. If we lose to a "bad" team then the media can doubt our ability. If we lose to a "greater" team then the media can doubt our ability to win in the playoffs. We have the schedule to prove how good of a team we really are.

Edits: New Orleans is a tough team regardless of their record last year.

I agree, but the only unbiased way to do it, is by using the records. We thought that the Saints would be a good team last year too. Without just going by the records, there are a million different ways to guess how good any team can be. It usually evens out in the end.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I agree, but the only unbiased way to do it, is by using the records. We thought that the Saints would be a good team last year too. Without just going by the records, there are a million different ways to guess how good any team can be. It usually evens out in the end.

Records can be deceiving, look at the Giants in their superbowl year for proof.

Originally posted by jreff22:
one game at a time

O.K. Bill Belichick
This schedule is a cakewalk. No use in trying to be timid or superstitious about it. Anything less than 13 or 14 wins this season should be considered a disappointment.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by jreff22:
one game at a time

O.K. Bill Belichick

lol seriously, like it really matters if fans take it one game at a time
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
No idea how the Ws go the first 6 weeks, but I bet we do well. 4 Ws, maybe, maybe not. But 6 is also a possibility I never dreamt of before, but with addition of Baldin, we have just gained an immense advantage. Also Denver helped out by von millers screw up. Thanks Von, buddy. Give me an advantage , any advantage , and I'll. take it every time. 12th man or not, I think we have the horses to go wipe SEA all over the field. Not that they won't be tough, but we got better players at every position except STRONG CORNERS, and those are getting better too. Skins are going nowhere, and playing RG now is stoopid. Really, really stoopid. Luck will be a great game, but we have them outmanned. Funny thing about games tho, no matter what the odds are, you still got to play them...and anything, good or bad, can always happen.

Baldin is going to be the difference!
I've watched football long enough to know that every game is a potential loss. There is no easy game in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone