LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
BJ Daniels gonna be the backup
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You're an undercover Seahawks fan aren't you? Or a Communist....or both perhaps.

Ha! heck no .. My life is just too busy to follow all the threads that go up on this site. By the way, since you're in Arizona, what are the cardinal fans talking about these days? Are they given you a hard time? I bet they think the honey badger is gonna take their defense to elite levels..lol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If Kaep goes down with an injury, we're screwed. I have no faith in McCoy, Tolzien, or Wallace. Not even for 1or 2 games

People need to chill out. Look back at the 2011 preseason when a certain #11 was looking overwhelmed and completely lost.............yet that season went pretty well for them. I think if you put McCoy with the first team OL, have Harbaugh gameplan to favor his strengths like he did for Alex, he could be a quality game manager and stopgap for awhile.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/824124-san-francisco-49ers-is-alex-smiths-preseason-woes-reason-for-concern

"However, Alex Smith has been anything but solid this preseason. He's been beat up badly, made terrible decisions, has regained the "happy feet" he's been known for, and seems to revert to the same old Alex Smith who has 49ers fans booing, even in a preseason game.

Through three preseason games, Alex Smith has completed just 12-of-25 passes for 153 yards, zero touchdown passes and two interceptions, good enough for a QB rating of 36.4.
"
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
A poster made a thread called "Only if Gire"

Hilarity ensued.

...wth...dang i missed that one
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Ha! heck no .. My life is just too busy to follow all the threads that go up on this site. By the way, since you're in Arizona, what are the cardinal fans talking about these days? Are they given you a hard time? I bet they think the honey badger is gonna take their defense to elite levels..lol

Please don't get me started, you have no idea what it's like here or how amazingly in denial these people are.

Please don't get me started, you have no idea what it's like here or how amazingly in denial these people are.

ha...stay strong in the desert bro
Originally posted by Garcia:

I hope we use of our extra 2nd or 3rd round picks on a quality QB to groom next year. BJ is cool and all but we need some quality depth like the luxury Green Bay had with Rodgers when we handed him over to them on a silver platter. I hope that is their plan anyways.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by juycho:

I hope we use of our extra 2nd or 3rd round picks on a quality QB to groom next year. BJ is cool and all but we need some quality depth like the luxury Green Bay had with Rodgers when we handed him over to them on a silver platter. I hope that is their plan anyways.

This x2. I think Daniels can develop into a quality backup, there will be plenty of guys in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds that Harbaugh can work with as well.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

This x2. I think Daniels can develop into a quality backup, there will be plenty of guys in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds that Harbaugh can work with as well.

Harbaugh even said in his presser that a rookie can be a backup. (colin kaepernick anyone?)

Wallace is doodoo.

Tolzien will be fine.

If Kaep goes down with an injury, we're screwed. I have no faith in McCoy, Tolzien, or Wallace. Not even for 1or 2 games

People need to chill out. Look back at the 2011 preseason when a certain #11 was looking overwhelmed and completely lost.............yet that season went pretty well for them. I think if you put McCoy with the first team OL, have Harbaugh gameplan to favor his strengths like he did for Alex, he could be a quality game manager and stopgap for awhile.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/824124-san-francisco-49ers-is-alex-smiths-preseason-woes-reason-for-concern

"However, Alex Smith has been anything but solid this preseason. He's been beat up badly, made terrible decisions, has regained the "happy feet" he's been known for, and seems to revert to the same old Alex Smith who has 49ers fans booing, even in a preseason game.

Through three preseason games, Alex Smith has completed just 12-of-25 passes for 153 yards, zero touchdown passes and two interceptions, good enough for a QB rating of 36.4.
"

We were damn lucky in 2011. Smith some how lasted the whole season without getting an injury. He was the only qb on the team adequately verse with the offense to be functional. Harbaugh can't tempt that again. Especially when we all know the team is shooting for another SB.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Let me try to understand this, McCoy has been crap I get it, but wasn't Seneca Wallace the back-up to McCoy ?! So, where is the logic in this ? We are intetrested in a back-up to somone crap ?

Look, in this league, if someone can play, he can play. Just embrace BJ Daniels' talent and keep grooming him. This kid has plenty of potential. There is no point to get your knickers into a twist over conventional wisdom that one should have an experienced QB behind a starting QB. The Skins played 2 rookies as starter and back-up. Plus, I can't help but to feel we are being overly influenced by ex-Browns personnel.

Is too bad we cut Josh Johnson if you must have an experienced QB behind your starter. I don't want to hear any BS about Harbaugh knew him very well from before so he knew what he was doing cos if he had made the right choice in keeping Tolzien and signing McCoy, they wouldn't be looking at a 33 year old QB in Wallace now. At the very least, Johnson has shown he can play in the preseason.

But, forget about that, that's history now. We need to forge ahead. Like I said, just embrace BJ and focus our energy in coaching him up and give him more reps. Stop wasting time on McCoy and Tolzien, they are not the answers.
[ Edited by Rascal on Aug 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM ]
We were damn lucky in 2011. Smith some how lasted the whole season without getting an injury. He was the only qb on the team adequately verse with the offense to be functional. Harbaugh can't tempt that again. Especially when we all know the team is shooting for another SB.

It seems you completely missed the point.
As far as McCoy starting over Wallace....
McCoy was basically Alex back during those years....handed the job even though he was a turnover machine....Cleveland was just smart enough to cut the cord early, unlike we were.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 21, 2013 at 9:03 PM ]
We can do better than Seneca Wallace.
Share 49ersWebzone