There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Originally posted by Afrikan:
like I said earlier.

I'd prefer T. Jackson/Grossman and other vets who have actually won games in this league.

if we can't get them, then I'd rather have an experienced backup like Wallace.

Mediocrity is always the way bro, get the guy that NO team in the NFL wanted last season.
you keep saying the same thing talking out of your arse. NFL has passed around over and over?..lololol.

no I'm not related to him... I just have no faith in McCoy, and if I had a choice I'd rather have Wallace who I have actually seen play.

I've seen McCoy play, and he's simply a better QB than Wallace, he's also considerably younger and its not beyond the realm of possibility that he will develop into the role that Alex played, to be smart with the football, not turn it over, be a quality game manager.

I trust McCoy far more than I trust Wallace, especially if Daniels ends up on the roster, having two 5'11" QB's, with one of them built like Willow, might not be the best way to go. Do keep in mind that the 49ers traded for McCoy, they could have simply signed Wallace right off the street around that same time because once again, no team wanted him last season, mind you, this is with guys like John Skelton being starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

As terrible as both the Cardinals and Chiefs QB situations were last season, neither one said "wow, we should call up Seneca Wallace, he doesn't have anything going on at the moment, his particular brand of mediocrity is the solution to everything."

You make it sound like he's some hidden gem that 32 NFL GM's somehow stupidly missed out on last season, but he's simply a mediocre QB entering the twilight of his career. If you compare his stats as a starter with McCoy's from 2008-2012, they're actually pretty similar except Wallace was already well into his career and McCoy is just starting out.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
you keep saying the same thing talking out of your arse. NFL has passed around over and over?..lololol.

no I'm not related to him... I just have no faith in McCoy, and if I had a choice I'd rather have Wallace who I have actually seen play.

I've seen McCoy play, and he's simply a better QB than Wallace, flat out. I trust McCoy far more than I trust Wallace, especially if Daniels ends up on the roster, having two 5'11" QB's, with one of them built like Willow, might not be the best way to go. Do keep in mind that the 49ers traded for McCoy, they could have simply signed Wallace right off the street around that same time because once again, no team wanted him last season, mind you, this is with guys like John Skelton being starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

As terrible as both the Cardinals and Chiefs QB situations were last season, neither one said "wow, we should call up Seneca Wallace, he doesn't have anything going on at the moment, his particular brand of mediocrity is the solution to everything."

solution to everything? yeah ok, no sense in discussing this with you further.

Wallace has lasted in this league for 8 years. I don't see McCoy lasting that long. We'll just see.

yeah we traded for McCoy and even back when it happened I said it was a mistake.... We could've signed Matt Hassleback who also was a free agant..but like you said we chose to trade for McCoy because he was better right?...lol.
solution to everything? yeah ok, no sense in discussing this with you further.

Wallace has lasted in this league for 8 years. I don't see McCoy lasting that long. We'll just see.

yeah we traded for McCoy and even back when it happened I said it was a mistake.... We could've signed Matt Hassleback who also was a free agant..but like you said we chose to trade for McCoy because he was better right?...lol.

Dude, seriously if you're Seneca Wallace's brother, let me know and I'll stop bashing on them, you clearly have it out for McCoy, who realistically hasn't played that bad considering his offensive line has been s**t and like against KC, he was playing against the first team defense with the backup OL in. I think we'll just agree to disagree, I see McCoy as the better QB and the guy who can actually develop and improve under the tutelage of this excellent coaching staff, I see Wallace as over the hill, the same mediocrity he's been his entire career, a guy who no team wanted last season, otherwise he would have held a job considering how many teams were/are desperate for quality QB play.

So yeah, I think Wallace would be a waste of a roster spot, I don't think he'll deliver anything substantially better than McCoy and I think the reason the 49ers are looking at him is simply to kick the tires and maybe motivate their backup QB's a bit. I don't think they have any actual intention of moving away from McCoy who I feel can do very welll in this system. Wallace's best postion in the NFL is as the #3 QB somewhere, holding a clipboard and telling jokes on the sidelines
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
McCoy? Quality game manager? I thought you said you watched him play? he has turned the ball over 26 times in his first 21 starts...and his last 3 games he listed, he didn't even play much.

simply better QB than Wallace... yeah ok buddy, its that simple..lol.

edit- haha, I think I should ask if YOU are related to Young Colt.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM ]
McCoy? Quality game manager? I thought you said you watched him play? he has turned the ball over 26 times in his first 21 starts...and his last 3 games he listed, he didn't even play much.

Yeah bro, the dude who couldn't even find a job as a backup to the backup on a single NFL roster is our savior. The guy who couldn't beat out the same Colt McCoy that you're bashing for a starting spot in Cleveland, is clearly the answer.

We'll just agree to disagree, I say Wallace is mediocre and over the hill, I think McCoy has potential, especially with quality coaching, something he never got much of in Cleveland, especially considering he got his start under Mangini.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM ]
Josh Johnson..after he gets cut

edit- haha, I think I should ask if YOU are related to Young Colt.

Where was future HOF Seneca Wallace at in 2012? On an NFL roster? Not on a single roster? NOBODY wanted the dude? Wow...that sucks. I mean as great as he is, nobody wanted him on their team? Pete Carroll dumped him the first chance he got? Crazy.

Well at least he got a chance to be with the Saints for a full seas....oh wait, no, they cut him in preseason, they didn't even wait for the first round of cuts to happen, they said "f**k it, dude's gotta go."

But you're right, he's a superstar in the waiting.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for 49ERFANb4Uwas.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Seneca Wallace was the Seahawks QB when Gire had that 212 yard game

I've been on this site for several years and I still don't understand the "Gire" joke

Can someone please fill me in??
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
I've been on this site for several years and I still don't understand the "Gire" joke

You're an undercover Seahawks fan aren't you? Or a Communist....or both perhaps.
HOF Wallace?
I love how people are bashing McCoy because of his preseason performance but then talking about Wallace like the second coming. Dude got booted off the Saints roster in favor of Luke McCown and an undrafted rookie after ONE game.

"Wallace's only preseason outing came on Friday. It included two sacks, an interception and a lost fumble in just eight drop backs."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM ]
HOF Wallace?

So where was Wallace at last year? I mean, clearly, a QB of his caliber, a top-of-the-line veteran backup should have been recognized for his talent, no?

Why did the Saints tell him to GTFO after only one preseason outing?
If Kaep goes down with an injury, we're screwed. I have no faith in McCoy, Tolzien, or Wallace. Not even for 1or 2 games
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Seneca Wallace was the Seahawks QB when Gire had that 212 yard game

A poster made a thread called "Only if Gire"

Hilarity ensued.