There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Wallace is like Jeff George, throws a really nice ball, has a good arm, good accuracy, but for some reason, it never ultimately seems to work.
He might work out in our system though. Based on what we have seen from Tolzien and McCoy's noodle arms, Wallace sounds like an upgrade.
I hope we can land one of the redskin backup qb's, I'll take Grossman or Pat white any day of the week over the jokes we have at qb.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I hope we can land one of the redskin backup qb's, I'll take Grossman or Pat white any day of the week over the jokes we have at qb.

Dennis Dixon Eagles
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Can't see how he would be any improvement over McCoy. Maybe Baalke now has a fetish for midget QB's???

Whoah whoah whoah midget??

I guess I am.
Hell no.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Hell no.

Still better than McCoy though. -That guy has been a huge waste of time.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Dennis Dixon Eagles

usually I'd be fine with having a Backup with potential like Pat White and Dixon... but we need a true vet with successful starting experience.

Matt Hasselback would've been ideal, but the Colts got him.

Grossman managed his way into taking the Bears to the SuperBowl
T. Jackson (Seahawks) was their starter for awhile and won games, as well as started for the Vikes and won games.
Wallace never really had a true starting job, but has lots of experience and would rather have him than McCoy or Tolzien.

I think if the Seahawks cut Jackson, he would be ideal....then maybe Wallace or Grossman.

but we can't take the chance to find out, which is why I think we are going to sign Wallace.
Interesting that Tolzien has fallen off so much. We were real high on him when we claimed him off waivers but I guess he just hasn't developed the way we hoped. Wallace makes sense just to have a veteran. We're obviously not enamored with McCoy either.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Might be an upgrade to McCoy an Tolzien.. But I heard Wallace was struggling pretty bad with the Saints so what does Wallace have left in the tank.. Hmm idk, he might be a good veteran teacher to have for Kaep which is a plus!

Meh. I don't see him as being any better than McCoy. He also would come in, not knowing the system whatsoever, so once again, I see this as a down-the-road interest in case of an injury, or in case they think they can sneak Daniels to the PS and make Wallace the #3 QB.

Agree.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Hell no.

Still better than McCoy though. -That guy has been a huge waste of time.

10 years and Wallace hasn't done squat. Lost his job to McCoy in 2010 and served as his backup in 2011. Didn't play in 2012 and was just cut by Saints. Yea I want this guy.
NOOOOOOOOO....Retread.
Wallace sucks
Originally posted by mayo49:
Wallace is horrible. I say pass.

agree, he's worst than c mccoy
Man, part of me wishes we would keep Alex. If kaep goes down, we're screwed.

WE better pray that the offensive line holds up and not suffer one injury. Our o line depth looks shaky as well, esp the tackle position.
Originally posted by Chico:
instead of kicking tires, kick him in the teeth and send his dumb a$$ back to Seattle where he belongs