There are 161 users in the forums

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Being a Hawks fan, I have watched Seneca play quite a bit through the years. He is not a bad Backup for your team. The biggest problem he had in Seattle, was not throwing the ball away when he needed to. He would take the sack or run out of bounds behind the LOS. With your O-Line that probably wouldn't be much of a problem. Him backing up McCoy in Cleveland was due to the management just being stubborn. Holmgren wanted him there as the starter but the coach wouldn't buy into it, not to mention that McCoy was kind of a big name when they drafted him and needed to stick with him.

I think he can pick up your offense pretty quick IMHO. He is very athletic and has some skills that could get worked into your scheme. He lined up at WR a couple of times for us and made some pretty good plays. He has some pretty good catching hands also.

As far as 33 years old goes....He should have a lot left on the tires due to his playing time.

If your team is playing with a lead and need the #2 to come in...Wallace will be just fine. Trying to come from a double digit deficit... You might be in trouble!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Can't see how he would be any improvement over McCoy. Maybe Baalke now has a fetish for midget QB's???
Wallace was always a very good backup-QB imo, very experienced. Solid pick.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stratman72:
Being a Hawks fan, I have watched Seneca play quite a bit through the years. He is not a bad Backup for your team. The biggest problem he had in Seattle, was not throwing the ball away when he needed to. He would take the sack or run out of bounds behind the LOS. With your O-Line that probably wouldn't be much of a problem. Him backing up McCoy in Cleveland was due to the management just being stubborn. Holmgren wanted him there as the starter but the coach wouldn't buy into it, not to mention that McCoy was kind of a big name when they drafted him and needed to stick with him.

I think he can pick up your offense pretty quick IMHO. He is very athletic and has some skills that could get worked into your scheme. He lined up at WR a couple of times for us and made some pretty good plays. He has some pretty good catching hands also.

As far as 33 years old goes....He should have a lot left on the tires due to his playing time.

If your team is playing with a lead and need the #2 to come in...Wallace will be just fine. Trying to come from a double digit deficit... You might be in trouble!

Great insight. Thanks for sharing.
Goofy Packers lol

Honestly good on them format least trying. That team is ridiculously overwhelmed and a loss to the 49ers cost them a home game last season, and they didn't do so hot coming to candlestick in January.

I don't think they want to repeat that experience

Not much they can do about it, and they will inevitably fail again. But cute that they care enough to pillage our backups
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Goofy Packers lol

Honestly good on them format least trying. That team is ridiculously overwhelmed and a loss to the 49ers cost them a home game last season, and they didn't do so hot coming to candlestick in January.

I don't think they want to repeat that experience

Not much they can do about it, and they will inevitably fail again. But cute that they care enough to pillage our backups

You got the last words. This should now be locked. The dude was never good enough to be talked about this much.
Share 49ersWebzone