There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yes, he can. Have you seen his clip ? There you go :

Those are his highlights. They make him look an All Pro quarterback, and we know he isn't.

Maybe we need to study a clip of his lowlights.
Originally posted by buck:
I was one of the strongest supporters of Lockette. I really wanted him to do well.

When he was cut, I was disappointed. The final 53-man roster has not been determined. Lockette might be back.

I hope he comes back, but I have a strong inclination to hope for the best for Division 2 players.

Well, you know he had an offer last year to be on some team's 53 right ? So, I can't help wondering whether it would be a better career move for him to join another team if he had another offer ? Afterall, he can't just stay in the practice squad for the rest of his life. It would be a gamble for him. Well, at this stage, we don't even know whether the 9ers want to sign him back to the PS or even whether he will clear waivers in the first place. I wouldn't want him to stay with us just because it is the 49ers cos I think he deserves a chance to re-start his career.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yes, he can. Have you seen his clip ? There you go :

Those are his highlights. They make him look an All Pro quarterback, and we know he isn't.

Maybe we need to study a clip of his lowlights.

LOL, well let's share it if you can find his lowlights.
ugh, this is not good.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Neither McCoy nor Scott Tolzien has played well in the first two preseason games, prompting coach Jim Harbaugh to increase rookie B.J. Daniels' snap count in practice this week. Harbaugh said McCoy will continue to be the No. 2 quarterback behind Kaepernick in Sunday's preseason game against Minnesota but has indicated Daniels will enter the game earlier than he did last Friday in Kansas City, Mo.

Playing mostly against the Chiefs' reserve defense, Daniels finished 6 for 9 for 72 yards with one touchdown and a 128 passer rating. McCoy threw an interception, while Tolzien nearly threw two. McCoy has a 25.3 passer rating through two preseason games. Tolzien's is 56.9.

Harbaugh noted Wednesday that McCoy is learning a new offense. "It's definitely a factor," Harbaugh said. "… He's working at it very hard. It means a lot to him, and it does to us, too. We're coaching him up the best we can, and we'll keep striving for improvement each day."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/23/5674310/veteran-wallace-joins-49ers-backup.html#storylink=cpy
Neither McCoy nor Scott Tolzien has played well in the first two preseason games, prompting coach Jim Harbaugh to increase rookie B.J. Daniels' snap count in practice this week. Harbaugh said McCoy will continue to be the No. 2 quarterback behind Kaepernick in Sunday's preseason game against Minnesota but has indicated Daniels will enter the game earlier than he did last Friday in Kansas City, Mo.

Playing mostly against the Chiefs' reserve defense, Daniels finished 6 for 9 for 72 yards with one touchdown and a 128 passer rating. McCoy threw an interception, while Tolzien nearly threw two. McCoy has a 25.3 passer rating through two preseason games. Tolzien's is 56.9.

Harbaugh noted Wednesday that McCoy is learning a new offense. "It's definitely a factor," Harbaugh said. "… He's working at it very hard. It means a lot to him, and it does to us, too. We're coaching him up the best we can, and we'll keep striving for improvement each day."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/23/5674310/veteran-wallace-joins-49ers-backup.html#storylink=cpy

That's the excuse for McCoy. Wonder what's the excuse for Tolzien for looking so sh*tty thus far
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That's the excuse for McCoy. Wonder what's the excuse for Tolzien for looking so sh*tty thus far

do you really want to play the tolzienscuses card?

No excuse needed. Thats why they traded for McCoy. They knew what they had in Tolzien.
  • buck
  • Veteran

The semantics are not critically import, at least for me. Excuse, reason, or factor--take your pick.

Improvement might be really important, although it probably depends on how much improvement is shown.
Originally posted by hofer36:

Originally posted by natrone06:
No excuse needed. Thats why they traded for McCoy. They knew what they had in Tolzien.

I was rooting for Tolzien since he's been with the Niners. Was looking forward to see how much he had improved. The playbook should have lipstick on it, being that it's his girlfriend the last 2 years. But all he has been doing on the field is feeling good about himself and throwing bad passes.
Originally posted by hofer36:

Originally posted by natrone06:

I was rooting for Tolzien since he's been with the Niners. Was looking forward to see how much he had improved. The playbook should have lipstick on it, being that it's his girlfriend the last 2 years. But all he has been doing on the field is feeling good about himself and throwing bad passes.

yea i thought he would be baby drew brees like Whitner said.

So, BJ wasn't learning a new offense ?
maybe the 9ers want/see the potential of BJ to having a 4-5 year type Wallace career with us, like Seneca had with the Seahawks. Reliable backup.

with us bringing in Wallace, who better than to bring BJ up to speed about how to play in this league as a 5'11 QB. Little tips that might go a long way for BJ.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
maybe the 9ers want/see the potential of BJ to having a 4-5 year type Wallace career with us, like Seneca had with the Seahawks. Reliable backup.

with us bringing in Wallace, who better than to bring BJ up to speed about how to play in this league as a 5'11 QB. Little tips that might go a long way for BJ.

That reminds of one important factor. Kaepernick is just too tall for my taste.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Excellent perspective!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home