There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Originally posted by Rascal:
You do know that he had already turned down an offer to stay with the 9ers previously right ? I am sure there will be offers again, only this time he might just leave since the 9ers doesn't seem to be willing to give him an opportunity here. He can't just stick with the practice squad forever.

They gave Lockette an opportunity, he just didn't do enough with it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Tea-leaves reading of the #49ers QB situation: Kaepernick No. 1; Daniels No. 3/psquad; three-way competition for No. 2
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
wow, surprising move. Lockette I didn't think would make the team anyway.

Practice squad, I bet.

You do know that he had already turned down an offer to stay with the 9ers previously right ? I am sure there will be offers again, only this time he might just leave since the 9ers doesn't seem to be willing to give him an opportunity here. He can't just stick with the practice squad forever.

You seem pretty bummed about this. What has Lockette done? I think a semi reliable backup, would be better than a 5th or 6th rec......
Originally posted by redrathman:
This is a joke right ?! Cutting Lockette is one thing, but cutting him over Wallace ?! That is absolutely ridiculous !!

I bet you s**t your pants when they waived Kory Sheets and Nate Davis too.

So, are you jerking yourself off on Wallace now ?
Lockette wasn't going to make the 53 OR the PS this year anyway. If he had gone to the PS he would have been playing next year at best as essentially a 28 year old rookie. His time with the team was running out, releasing him early is better for Lockette than keeping him to the last cutdown.

I don't think the Wallace signing changes the final QB breakdown. There is very little time left for him to learn the offense enough to be the #2 which means he'd have to be the #3 at best and that would mean either Daniels moves up to #2 or has to make the PS which might be a stretch. For Wallace to be #2 the team would be taking a significant risk at backup QB.

I wonder if the MASSIVE instability at backup QB will make the offense more conservative early in the season.
Originally posted by jlb2782:

Practice squad, I bet.

You seem pretty bummed about this. What has Lockette done? I think a semi reliable backup, would be better than a 5th or 6th rec......

I thought at least he had special teams value which might have bought him more time to develop as a receiver.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think this says more about McCoy than anything.
Originally posted by Disp:

They gave Lockette an opportunity, he just didn't do enough with it.

But, getting cut because of Wallace ?! That is just nuts. You do know that Wallace was McCoy's back-up right ?! LOL.
Originally posted by redrathman:
This is a joke right ?! Cutting Lockette is one thing, but cutting him over Wallace ?! That is absolutely ridiculous !!

I bet you s**t your pants when they waived Kory Sheets and Nate Davis too.

So, are you jerking yourself off on Wallace now ?

yo. the both of you...
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yup, the guy is a piece of trash, never wanted him, people thought he'd have a fresh start here, and that his noodle arm deficiencies would translate into something similar of Alex Smith in 2011, b******t.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yup, the guy is a piece of trash, never wanted him, people thought he'd have a fresh start here, and that his noodle arm deficiencies would translate into something similar of Alex Smith in 2011, b******t.

Not gonna lie, I was one of these folks, lol

I still think Tolzein gets cut instead.

How can you conclude it's ridiculous? We don't know what Lockette looked like on the practice field and we still don't know what the 49ers are thinking in terms of the QB situation, despite all the guesses. My guess is that the 49ers were concerned enough about the backup QB situation that they were willing to waive a journeyman WR who hasn't produced anything in order to bring in more competition for the No. 2 QB spot.
Originally posted by jlb2782:

Practice squad, I bet.

I thought at least he had special teams value which might have bought him more time to develop as a receiver.

Agreed, Lockette was the #1 gunner this pre season (followed by Morris, Osgood, etc.). Plus he has the size we need outside AND speed at the X (hence why we picked up Baldwin). They are essentially swaping Baldwin for Lockette and adding a very late veteran QB to compete.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

How can you conclude it's ridiculous? We don't know what Lockette looked like on the practice field and we still don't know what the 49ers are thinking in terms of the QB situation, despite all the guesses. My guess is that the 49ers were concerned enough about the backup QB situation that they were willing to waive a journeyman WR who hasn't produced anything in order to bring in more competition for the No. 2 QB spot.

OK, just one small observation. I don't doubt we are concerned with McCoy and Tolzien, but you do know that Wallace was McCoy's back-up right ?!