There are 161 users in the forums

Crabtree, Boldin, Baldwin for the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't be a Debbie Downer, G94. He'll be alot better with Kap throwing to him.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
That group maybe slow on team speed, but we know at least 2/3 can catch. I'm not sure if Crabtree returns this season in any real capacity to truly help us, however, I do hope that Kyle Williams and Lockette maybe can develop as some speedy deep threats to complement the receivers we already have.

All the speed guys are in the X position (Moore, Lockette). Then you have the big boys out wide in Boldin and Baldwin (4.5 is NOT slow esp. for a guy his size). Then you have the quick-twitch guys such as Williams, Patton and Hall inside.
Originally posted by mayo49:

My bad mayo! I hope you're right. We sure need someone to step up opposite Boldin. I'll try and be a bit more optimistic.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
That group maybe slow on team speed, but we know at least 2/3 can catch. I'm not sure if Crabtree returns this season in any real capacity to truly help us, however, I do hope that Kyle Williams and Lockette maybe can develop as some speedy deep threats to complement the receivers we already have.

All the speed guys are in the X position (Moore, Lockette). Then you have the big boys out wide in Boldin and Baldwin (4.5 is NOT slow esp. for a guy his size). Then you have the quick-twitch guys such as Williams, Patton and Hall inside.

A man do we need those big boys.. I thought most WR were like 5'9"-6'0".... I never realized that these Seattle CB's are friggin HUGE!

Browner is 6'4", and Sherman is 6'3".. I dislike those guys as much as anyone, but i rest my case.. I am happy for this trade. If Baldwin and Boldin can't get passed them (which they will), at least they will wear them down! Especially Sherman seeing that he's tall, but somewhat light for his height (195).
If Boldin can out muscle and catch balls with LBs on his back like he did against Denver... he won't have much trouble with those big Seattle DBs
Just a random note about Baldwin: he's had some of the worst offensive minds as head coaches the NFL or college football has ever seen. The Wanstache was a disaster at Pitt, and Romeo Crenel should be in contention for worst head coach in NFL history.

He's now going to have 2 of the best offensive minds in football working with him in Roman & Harbaugh. :)

Also, he's had Matt Cassell throwing to him (and Alex Smith for the preseason, and he's not very good at getting the ball to anyone who isn't a RB or TE).
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Just a random note about Baldwin: he's had some of the worst offensive minds as head coaches the NFL or college football has ever seen. The Wanstache was a disaster at Pitt, and Romeo Crenel should be in contention for worst head coach in NFL history.

He's now going to have 2 of the best offensive minds in football working with him in Roman & Harbaugh. :)

Also, he's had Matt Cassell throwing to him (and Alex Smith for the preseason, and he's not very good at getting the ball to anyone who isn't a RB or TE).

EXACTLY. Imagine what our big WR will do for gore.. Baldin, Baldwin and VD blocking
Originally posted by tondiman:

EXACTLY. Imagine what our big WR will do for gore.. Baldin, Baldwin and VD blocking

hmmm...maybe that's another reason why they got rid of AJ, cause he can't block nothing in the run game.
Originally posted by verb1der:
hmmm...maybe that's another reason why they got rid of AJ, cause he can't block nothing in the run game.

Essentially, we could have 5 TEs on the field... Boldin, Baldwin, Vernon, Celek, and McDonald...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Essentially, we could have 5 TEs on the field... Boldin, Baldwin, Vernon, Celek, and McDonald...

Our offense will make teams quit again!!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
DP
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by mayo49:

My bad mayo! I hope you're right. We sure need someone to step up opposite Boldin. I'll try and be a bit more optimistic.

That's the spirit.
Seems like there's a new WR savior around here every week. This week it's Baldwin.

This! I can't wait to see what Baldwin can do this Sunday. I hope he gets some snaps with Kap.
Originally posted by tondiman:

Yeah, I think the coaches saw that too. If you can't catch, get off the line, or even run block. What good are you? AJ showed them absolutely nothing. If he would of showed a little improvement, they would of tried to work with him. You can't coach heart, determination, and desire to be great. He had none of those qualities. Time to move on.
Share 49ersWebzone