There are 245 users in the forums

Your Worst Niner Draft Pick Of All Time

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Worst Niner Draft Pick Of All Time

We passed on Tom Brady for Gio Carmazzi... How can that not be the worst?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Chilo Rachal should be on this list.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by vermonator:
We passed on Tom Brady for Gio Carmazzi... How can that not be the worst?

Because every other team in the league passed on brady 5-6 times.....that's terrible logic.
Alex Smith IMO
Originally posted by socalniner:
Alex Smith IMO

This isn't even worth calling out. Ignoring everything else, we are getting a 2nd and a 3rd or 2nd back, and somehow this is worse that a guy who contributed absolutely nothing?
Look how much we payed him total for a one decent season. Could have had AR and that first year was worse than any QB I've ever seen. Just my opinion when u look at the time and investment spent on the guy
Look how much we payed him total for a one decent season. Could have had AR and that first year was worse than any QB I've ever seen. Just my opinion when u look at the time and investment spent on the guy

Worse than any qb you have ever seen? You need to get out more. Try googling, for instance, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Todd Blackledge and loads more. The rest of the NFL does not categorise Smith as a bust.
Originally posted by English:

Worse than any qb you have ever seen? You need to get out more. Try googling, for instance, JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Todd Blackledge and loads more. The rest of the NFL does not categorise Smith as a bust.

I'm talking about the first year. He had no business starting. His first touchdown came in week...? How many winning seasons his rookie contract? Look what luck did with an awful team. I like Alex but looking back we should have never drafted him.
Todd Kelly
Drunkenmiller
Dana Hall
Rashan Woods
Kentwan Balmer
Dexter Carter
Reggie McGrew
Ted Washington- went on to be a Probowler at NT, but didn't do anything for the 49ers because they went from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense.
Kwame Harris

My worst has to be Todd Kelly. I don't even remember a single game from this dude. Was 1st round pick along with Dana Stubby, yet I don't remember when he was off the team. Like he just disappeared into thin air after he was drafted. AJ Jenkins is very close to my second to worst. Although there's a chance he may actually do something for the Chiefs.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

I'm talking about the first year. He had no business starting. His first touchdown came in week...? How many winning seasons his rookie contract? Look what luck did with an awful team. I like Alex but looking back we should have never drafted him.

Did you read the thread subject?

Worst Niner draft pick. Focus on that. His contract, the quality of the team, what Andrew Luck did are all irrelevant.

You obviously didn't like him but it is simply nonsense to describe him as the worst Niner draft pick ever. Read some of the other posts.

Jenkins. Absolutely ZERO production. You cant top that
Easily Alex Smith was because he was a #1 pick overall and produced very little his whole career until Harbaugh coached him. He was bad for many years he even almost started a riot on a sunday night game at the stick against Philly. And the most important fact is they could have and should have drafted Aaron Rodgers a local guy and way better QB. Who Mike Mccarthy OC at the time wanted Rodgers over Smith to run his offense. If they draft Rodgers i think he beats the Giants and Patriots in 2011 and beats the Ravens in 2012 we would be at 7-0 in the superbowl right now. Smith is average Quarterback at best a truly wasted number 1 pick overall talent.
There are worse football players but that pick set us back like no other. That's my opinion
  • fryet
  • Veteran
With 0 catches, Jenkins contributed less than any other first round pick. In my book, that makes him the worst.
LOL at the spelling of Jim Drunkenmiller... Not sure if it was on purpose but I got a laugh out of it anyways
Share 49ersWebzone