There are 252 users in the forums

Your Worst Niner Draft Pick Of All Time

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Worst Niner Draft Pick Of All Time

With the latest addition of A.J Jenkins, who is your worst Niner draft pick of all-time?

You hit and you miss, but don't want consecutive drafts of misses because of the effect it will have on a franchise for years.
Dexter Carter and J.J. Stokes don't belong on this list. They not only made the team, but they contributed for years.

Israel Ifeanyi and Reggie McGrew did nothing, and they were second and first round picks, respectively. They should make the list.

Oh ya, and you forgot Balmer.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM ]
At least Jenkins didn't actively hurt the team like some of our picks in the past. Also, getting Baldwin back for him I will have to see how he does before I close the book on Jenkins time here.
Originally posted by robniner:
With the latest addition of A.J Jenkins, who is your worst Niner draft pick of all-time?

You hit and you miss, but don't want consecutive drafts of misses because of the effect it will have on a franchise for years.

None of the above. In terms of guys drafted by the 49ers, Kwame Brown and Manny Lawson were two of the biggest ones that I had really high hopes for but they didn't end up coming through. I never liked the Balmer pick, I felt that was going to be an absolute disaster from the get-go.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM ]
Thanks for the Balmer mention.

It has been added to the poll.
Woods easily because of how much I wanted Wilfork.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM ]
Richard Siegler
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
IMO, I couldn't say Drunckenmiller cause he actually won a game for the 9ers. And no, I won't say AJ Jenkins, jury is still out on him, he fits Reids offense and just may turn it around. So my vote goes to Rashaun Woods, Vince Wilfork there for the taking....twice, and Donahue oh Donahue takes this scrub!!! The pain still stings, Ian Williams is the only cure.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Dexter Carter and J.J. Stokes don't belong on this list. They not only made the team, but they contributed for years.

Israel Ifeanyi and Reggie McGrew did nothing, and they were second and first round picks, respectively. They should make the list.

Oh ya, and you forgot Balmer.

Acutally Reggie McGrew was in on that famous goal line stand against the Eagles, the one where Derek Smith came up with the pick to win the game in the endzone. I remember McGrew for that I saw he plug the gaps, he did his job and hoped the light came on at that time, but nope he wanted to be back in Florida, cause he was homesick.
Jenkins made history....LEAGUE history at suckage

To me it was Balmer. At least Jenkins had physical attributes. Balmer had nothing to offer
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i hated the todd kelly and mike rumph picks because i had no hope from the moment they were drafted. it's a punch in the gut when you see your team drafting blatant bust material.
carmazzi. expected to become our starter and got cut the same year he was draftedhe was a 3rd but to get cut the same year your drafted as a relatively high pick you have to suck pretty bad. woods, jenkins, balmer didnt do a damn thing either. we had some stinkers...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
None of the above. In terms of guys drafted by the 49ers, Kwame Brown and Manny Lawson were two of the biggest ones that I had really high hopes for but they didn't end up coming through. I never liked the Balmer pick, I felt that was going to be an absolute disaster from the get-go.

Kwame Brown lolololol.

I know you meant Kwame Harris. For some reason I got a kick out of seeing Brown's name here. Another bust named Kwame.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 20, 2013 at 2:35 AM ]
Amazingly, out of all those picks Jenkins contributed the least. At least he never got the chance to screw us over in a game. Carmazzi didn't do s**t neither, but he was a 3rd rounder so I don't even care about him.
Share 49ersWebzone