LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Guaranteed Money after Week 1, I hope this ok Webby, and Mods, I linked it to NCH

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://ninercaphell.com/2013/08/20/guaranteed-money-after-week-1/

Some implications some should know about.

I wanted to put together a post on what guarantees mean. And when they become guaranteed.

Lets start with the vested vets, if on the roster, and have 4 years in accrued seasons, their salary(base salary) becomes guaranteed, if on week 1 roster. A lot of teams get around this by releasing the player, then signing them the day after week 1 is over. That could be done with WR Kassim Osgood, if he is truly among the best 6 or 7 WRs, then he would make sense to wait till week 2 to have him on the field. Especially since both Mario Manningham, and Michael Crabtree are expected back sometime this season.

Some guarantees in certain contracts on the 49ers roster.

Center Jonathan Goodwin has a $2.5 million base salary. He reduced it down to that about a month or so ago. But part of the deal is he got a $1 million guarantee to redo the contract, and save cap room.

Mario Manningham also redid his deal, and has a $1.25 million guarantee for injury only right now. So if they wanted to cut him, they eat $1.25 million. He is due a $1.8 million base salary.

Some others who have guarantees, but are likely locks for various reasons, Patrick Willis($715,000 base salary), Ahmad Brooks($2.7 million, became guaranteed on April 1, 2013), Carlos Rogers($1.25 million of his $5.5 million base salary), NaVorro Bowman($630,000 base salary), Jon Baldwin($1,061,510 base salary)
Also note, that Eric Reid's, and Aldon Smith's entire deals are guaranteed, so Reid's $405,000 base salary, and Smith's $1,682,636 base salary are guaranteed.

I believe Anthony Davis' $880,000 base salary is guaranteed, but it doesn't matter, as he was signed to a long term deal earlier in the offseason.

I also believe Justin Smith's $940,000 base is guaranteed, and also got guarantees in 2014 and 2015. Don't know the numbers off hand.

I also think Ray McDonald's $715,000 base salary is guaranteed, due to his restructure last november, when he helped get Bowman extended.

Of course most of the above are vested vets, or locks, so it doesn't matter much, but I believe it's a good tool to know.

Another mention, on salary splits. Both Brandon Carwsell, and Alex Debniak will have $288,000 base salary compensation for 2013 for being on Injured Reserve, and signing split contracts. I am unsure of players on the NFI list, I know players on PUP see their salary. Not sure on NFI, which is where we have Tank Carradine, Quinton Dial, Marcus Lattimore, Luke Marquardt, and Eric Wright on.

Note that Wright's deal would also become guaranteed, since he with the team on week 1. I imagine the 49ers did this on purpose to have his rights, so they can activate, and possibly extend if he has a good 2013 campaign.

Please comment on anything you see on the site, some parts are messed up. WordPress is completely new to me. I am working on getting sortable tables for the cap tables.

Update: NFI players don't have to paid, they can agree to being paid whatever amount. Had this passed along to me.

Article 20, Section 3, Subsection (a) of the CBA: "A player who is placed on a Nonfootball Injury or Illness list ("N-F/1") will not be entitled to any compensation under his contract while on such list but, except as provided below, his contract will continue to run while in such status."
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Aug 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM ]
Wow, nice. I have never considered that about the cap evasion with a player (like in your Osgood example).

Good looking site. You put some work into it, though I admit, I am far from an expert on it. Maybe add a little color to it... like have the far left and right columns shaded in gold (beige).

Thanks for posting this AB!
Great job AB! It's always good to have you as a source for this stuff...I sure don't want to do the work!
Thanks guys. Guess NFI dont have to be paid.

Article 20, Section 3, Subsection (a) of the CBA: "A player who is placed on a Nonfootball Injury or Illness list ("N-F/1") will not be entitled to any compensation under his contract while on such list but, except as provided below, his contract will continue to run while in such status."
Nice job AB83!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Wow, nice. I have never considered that about the cap evasion with a player (like in your Osgood example).

Good looking site. You put some work into it, though I admit, I am far from an expert on it. Maybe add a little color to it... like have the far left and right columns shaded in gold (beige).

I think I found the right temple for the site, need to try and customize it better. Shouldn't be too hard, know some HTML, lol.

And the rest of you guys, this is hard work, but well worth it. I vowed to do this for the 49ers faithful, and will continue to do so.

check out my new FB page, here
Share 49ersWebzone