LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Preseason 2013 - Week 2: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Tolzien and Daniels are fine. The reason why our backups look worse this year is because we don't have a backup as a starter. Huge difference going from Kaep to #2 than it is going from Alex to #2.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

10) Alex Smith: Poor KC. I have always liked Alex and have defended him on this forum for years. I don't want what I'm about to say to come of as Alex-bashing because I don't want that conversation. I have been one of those guys coming to his defense for years.

Having said that tho, I have always recognized his weaknesses. the problem I see in KC is that they are trying to make him something he's not. He is never going to be a vertical passer. The trade for Jenkins is just another example to me...looking for speed over size. Alex is the same guy he's always been...king of the 8 yard pass. If they understand who he is, they can have success with him. I just don't see that tho....I see Reid getting faster WRs to hit deep...a pass Alex has NEVER been able to complete.

I predict a QB controversy will spark in KC...in week 8!

yeah and im sure you predicted smith would not be with the niners in 2009 ...or 2010.......and that he'd never win...or play/win a playoff game....or throw for 193 yards in one quarter and direct a 20 point come from behind victory on the road.... or led his team from behind twice in a playoff game with less than 3 minutes...or throw the winning td with 14 seconds left

..you guys just hate it when he keeps proving you wrong..

you jump on Marvin's point #10, which surprisingly omits, from a professed former alex smith defender, the drops by Baldwin kelce and gray, something which would would surely be rightfully pointed out in defense of the present niners qb..and after you start piling on you accuse oldman of turning it into an alex vs kaepernick issue

at least you are consistent
Originally posted by AUniner:
Either way, Kaep still over cooked that throw. Do you think Hall doesn't deserve a roster space due to size?

Frank is ok, yes. But no one should expect him to take it to the house this season. Old knees are slowing down.

I thought you could have mentioned our own O-Line(backup) struggles as well. It's hard to evaluate from watching a stream but we weren't good when the OL starters left contributing to the QB & WR struggles. Snyder still sucks - I don't want that turnstyle on our team now.

Defense, was amazing though. Fully agree.

Really? Those old knees will still put up 1200+ yards and 8+ scores. Frank is a monster and I totally expect him to take it to the house multiple times. I love it though. You and everyone else can keep on doubting him and the rest of us that know better will be celebrating with him when he trucks some fools and plows into the endzone. GO FRANK! GO NINERS!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:

10) Alex Smith: Poor KC. I have always liked Alex and have defended him on this forum for years. I don't want what I'm about to say to come of as Alex-bashing because I don't want that conversation. I have been one of those guys coming to his defense for years.

Having said that tho, I have always recognized his weaknesses. the problem I see in KC is that they are trying to make him something he's not. He is never going to be a vertical passer. The trade for Jenkins is just another example to me...looking for speed over size. Alex is the same guy he's always been...king of the 8 yard pass. If they understand who he is, they can have success with him. I just don't see that tho....I see Reid getting faster WRs to hit deep...a pass Alex has NEVER been able to complete.

yeah and im sure you predicted smith would not be with the niners in 2009 ...or 2010.......and that he'd never win...or play/win a playoff game....or throw for 193 yards in one quarter and direct a 20 point come from behind victory on the road.... or led his team from behind twice in a playoff game with less than 3 minutes...or throw the winning td with 14 seconds left

you jump on Marvin's point #10, which surprisingly omits, from a professed former alex smith defender, the drops by Baldwin kelce and gray, something which would would surely be rightfully pointed out in defense of the present niners qb..and after you start piling on you accuse oldman of turning it into an alex vs kaepernick issue

Are you serious?

First off, I am the one who pointed out oldman made this Alex vs Kaepernick. That's the only thing I've posted in this thread because Oldman always does it. Verb1der never said anything about oldman's love for defending Alex Smith from the threats that don't exist.

Secondly, Marvin shared his opinion that the Chiefs are trying to force a round peg into a square hole. He didn't say anything about how Alex played in the game. His point is that the Chiefs aren't putting Alex in a position to succeed. If you can't see that then you and oldman should probably start a blog about the horrible way Alex is treated and let the webzone be a better place without you. While you're at it, you should probably take all the guys who irrationally hate Alex with you so you have someone on your level to talk to.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Either way, Kaep still over cooked that throw. Do you think Hall doesn't deserve a roster space due to size?

Frank is ok, yes. But no one should expect him to take it to the house this season. Old knees are slowing down.

I thought you could have mentioned our own O-Line(backup) struggles as well. It's hard to evaluate from watching a stream but we weren't good when the OL starters left contributing to the QB & WR struggles. Snyder still sucks - I don't want that turnstyle on our team now.

Really? Those old knees will still put up 1200+ yards and 8+ scores. Frank is a monster and I totally expect him to take it to the house multiple times. I love it though. You and everyone else can keep on doubting him and the rest of us that know better will be celebrating with him when he trucks some fools and plows into the endzone. GO FRANK! GO NINERS!

I have no doubt Frank is still going to get his yards this year... even more than last year. But I don't see him breaking off big runs of 50 - 60 yards to the endzone too often. Just doesn't have that top end speed like when he broke off those 2 80 yarders against the Hags a few years back.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

I have no doubt Frank is still going to get his yards this year... even more than last year. But I don't see him breaking off big runs of 50 - 60 yards to the endzone too often. Just doesn't have that top end speed like when he broke off those 2 80 yarders against the Hags a few years back.

I agree. What you saw last year is what to expect. Gore is a good pass catcher, an excellent blocker, has excellent vision and an overall steady running back. Running by a DB isn't really his thing.
here are my thoughts after every preseason game

"its preseason and i dont give a s**t"
Originally posted by DVDA:

Are you serious?

First off, I am the one who pointed out oldman made this Alex vs Kaepernick. That's the only thing I've posted in this thread because Oldman always does it. Verb1der never said anything about oldman's love for defending Alex Smith from the threats that don't exist.

Secondly, Marvin shared his opinion that the Chiefs are trying to force a round peg into a square hole. He didn't say anything about how Alex played in the game. His point is that the Chiefs aren't putting Alex in a position to succeed. If you can't see that then you and oldman should probably start a blog about the horrible way Alex is treated and let the webzone be a better place without you. While you're at it, you should probably take all the guys who irrationally hate Alex with you so you have someone on your level to talk to.

read better...you guys = collectively...and explain to me how oldman turned it into an alex vs kapernick thing in light of the posts made before he responded....maybe i will add harbaugh to your suggested oldman and me blog--he hates bullies too...
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Are you serious?

read better...you guys = collectively...and explain to me how oldman turned it into an alex vs kapernick thing in light of the posts made before he responded....maybe i will add harbaugh to your suggested oldman and me blog--he hates bullies too...

Can you go back and read your post again and hopefully "read better."

Are you serious?

Can you go back and read your post again and hopefully "read better."

underline you guys in the paragraph before you start underlining...duh

Share 49ersWebzone