Sorry for the delay....Couldn't get to a computer until today.
1) Kaep: Always start with Kaep. Hardly anything to say because his stint was so brief. I liked seeing him downfield trying to get in a block on Franks long run.
2) Backup QB: Yikes. Colt and Tolzien both looked bad again. The diff for me tho is that Colt is still learning the O and Tolzien looks this bad after 2.5 years in the offense. BJ Daniel...hrmm. Interesting. Very small sample against guys who won't even make the woeful Chiefs, but still impressive. Big arm and mobile. Good scout team for games against the 'hawks. I want to see more of him. I say it'll be Kaep>McCoy>Daniels.
3) AJ Jenkins: Going into this last game there was still a part of me that thought he'd prove everyone wrong. He'd "get it" finally and he's be able to turn those jets loose. I defended him in last weeks Thoughts after Rewatching the Game. I lost all hope watching him Friday Night. he just couldn't break free from press coverage. If he can't do that in KC, how the hell is he gonna do that in Seattle. His confidense is shot. He work ethic is questionable. The issue here is no longer can he be a starting player. The issue now is can he be a player at all. I'm sorry...but I was pretty much about to write the guy off...
4) Jonathan Baldwin: ...and then I saw the trade on twitter this morning. Initially here, I really like the trade. It isn't because I think Baldwin will come in and be a world beater and justify his draft position. It's because I'd take the production he's already had over Jenkins. Baldwin had his issues in KC on a really bad team with no QB. Jenkins had everything in the world going for him and Baldwin was STILL far more productive. I read the Chiefs comments about him being worthless and all I can think is "man, you don't know the meaning of the word". If nothing else, I think Baldwin can contribute if he is needed. Jenkins couldn't even get on the field.
5) Pass Rush: Wow. Either the Chiefs starters really suck or the Niners have themselves some depth in the front 7. The truth is probably a little of both. The second string D hung with the starters through the entire 1st half. KC QBs were under pressure all night. Nice to see. Lemonier and Haralson looked good in particular. Also like what I'm seeing from Dorsey as a run stuffer.
6) Frank: Frank is just fine thank you. If he's healthy, another fine year for #21.
7) Parrish Cox: Another solid game from Parrish. Nice. Playing with confidense, playing downhill, reacting quickly....looking good out there.
8) Nnamdi Asomugha: Also looking good. The guy just looks like a spider out there with those LONG arms and legs. Deep speed hasn't really been tested, but he's damn good in press coverage.
9) Dawson: Yeah...not worried at all about that guy. LOL. He missed that one last week but was nailing them from long distance this week.
10) Alex Smith: Poor KC. I have always liked Alex and have defended him on this forum for years. I don't want what I'm about to say to come of as Alex-bashing because I don't want that conversation. I have been one of those guys coming to his defense for years.
Having said that tho, I have always recognized his weaknesses. the problem I see in KC is that they are trying to make him something he's not. He is never going to be a vertical passer. The trade for Jenkins is just another example to me...looking for speed over size. Alex is the same guy he's always been...king of the 8 yard pass. If they understand who he is, they can have success with him. I just don't see that tho....I see Reid getting faster WRs to hit deep...a pass Alex has NEVER been able to complete.
I actually hope I'm wrong on this one. I hope Alex plays well. I want that second round pick.