There are 271 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by jreff22:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 46s Much respect to 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick for never offering absurd praise of A.J. Jenkins -- unlike some of his teammates and coaches.
keeping it real
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
he has trouble catching the ball from what i heard from their forums.

that means he gets open to even get a ball throw at his way

Jenkins disappears on the field
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Baldwin would cost over a million to cut. Not gonna happen.

Baldwin is a free agent after this year. If we cut him theres no cap penalty where as jenkins has a longer contract and would cost more to cut.

He's signed through next year.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Well we have our starter now opposite Boldin. Love it. I wanted to draft him. I know he's underachieved but he does have som ability and that qb situation in KC never did him any favors

He hasn't earned anything yet, especially the starter role.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Baldwin would cost over a million to cut. Not gonna happen.

Baldwin is a free agent after this year. If we cut him theres no cap penalty where as jenkins has a longer contract and would cost more to cut.

After next year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I find it hard to believe that the 49ers gave up on a 1st round draft choice after just one season and two preseason games. They either realize that they whiffed very badly on this pick, OR, never thought he'd develop with the 49ers and so he's been given a shot elsewhere.

Wow. Really surprising.

Definitely that. He had every opportunity last season to make a statement. dude ends up getting passed up by Swain. The staff probably saw Zero improvement from him and decided to cut their losses.
Well we have our starter now opposite Boldin. Love it. I wanted to draft him. I know he's underachieved but he does have som ability and that qb situation in KC never did him any favors

hearing he friggin sucks from the chiefs board, that even a 6th rounder would have been overpaying for him.
I am ok with this trade, the coaches feel AJ didnt got "it", so it's better do get rid of a possible cancer locker room
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 46s Much respect to 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick for never offering absurd praise of A.J. Jenkins -- unlike some of his teammates and coaches.
keeping it real

When keepin it real goes right.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Only question I have is WHO'S GONNA TAKE THE PICTURES NOW!

Really? He can't catch anything in KC and they ship him off for another team's 1st round bust and suddenly he going to start for a SB favorite team? I hope you are kidding.
Alex Smith & AJ both Chiefs! Crazy !!!
Originally posted by ChepeK7:
I am ok with this trade, the coaches feel AJ didnt got "it", so it's better do get rid of a possible cancer locker room

AJJ Locker room, whaaa?
[ Edited by mattster03 on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM ]
haha niners probably were leaning towards cutting jenkins, and so was kc for baldwin so they just said lets see if change of scenery might help.
I don't get it they just talked about Baldwin on friday about how slow his career has started basically comparing him to AJ now they trade for him i'm so mad at the AJ pick I HATED the pick when he was drafted and now this UGH!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone