LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

at the very least, you have to like that they are sending a message that if you can't contribute, you will not be a part of the team.

it felt like aj was digging his own hole when he kept saying it wasn't a big deal that he wasn't catching passes.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
What if AJ turns into a stud WR lol

If he does, it's only because he got a fresh start in KC. he was never going to succeed with the Niners.
Alex at QB bro .....no chance ...........nuff said
[ Edited by 16to87 on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if Baldwin can't catch Alex Smith's wounded ducks, he sure as hell isn't gonna be able to catch CK's 60mph lasers.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
7/29/2011: Signed a four-year, $7.552 million contract. The deal included a $3.992 million signing bonus. 2013: $1,061,510 (+ $130,000 workout bonus), 2014: $1,274,765, 2015: Free Agent

This move had nothing to do with talent and everything to do with getting rid of a lot of dead weight while incurring minimal salary cap penalties. Well played Baalke, extremely well played.

nothing to do with talent? did you just say that?
[ Edited by Ballistic on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's the missing piece. I feel it.
Originally posted by mayo49:

why do i feel the same
Is this April 1st?
he has trouble catching the ball from what i heard from their forums.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 46s Much respect to 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick for never offering absurd praise of A.J. Jenkins -- unlike some of his teammates and coaches.
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Pretty shocking. Wow!! I hope this trade doesn't back fire : /

It only does if AJ suddenly becomes as good as T.Y. Hilton, for example.

Baldwin does have something the team otherwise lacked ... a big guy for jump balls ... something Baldwin has actually done okay at.

Don't know if he makes the team though ... he better show a lot in the next week of practice.

I hope Baldwin and Vance McDonald are spending 2 hours a day with the Juggs machine.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Baldwin would cost over a million to cut. Not gonna happen.

Baldwin is a free agent after this year. If we cut him theres no cap penalty where as jenkins has a longer contract and would cost more to cut.
Well we have our starter now opposite Boldin. Love it. I wanted to draft him. I know he's underachieved but he does have som ability and that qb situation in KC never did him any favors
I find it hard to believe that the 49ers gave up on a 1st round draft choice after just one season and two preseason games. They either realize that they whiffed very badly on this pick, OR, never thought he'd develop with the 49ers and so he's been given a shot elsewhere.

Wow. Really surprising.
Share 49ersWebzone