There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Even though both WRs have been dissappointing for their respective clubs, at least Bladin brings a different body type to the current stable of 49er WRs. AJ, Patton, Collie, Manningham were all the same body type and brought similar skillsets. Baldwin, if he can catch on, can be a huge physical target.
He is huge! We should move him to a TE position!?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
- Jugs machine
- build rapport with Kaep
- Learn that playbook
- Run the Hill workout with Jerry frickin Rice
That's a start. Good list !!

It is a good list. I'm just not sure he can pull off the last item. Rice is an old man by comparison, but I'm guessing he can still gas him if he tries to keep up.

I'm not sure Jerry can pull off the last item.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Grant Cohn was actually right about something for once.

Okay, you're banned! That's hitting below the belt!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So basically we traded Rashaun Woods for J.J. Stokes.

THAT would be a STEAL of a trade!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Grant Cohn was actually right about something for once.

Okay, you're banned! That's hitting below the belt!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Originally posted by Thechad49:

Nah ... safety
wow, that was quick
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by susweel:
This has to be some kind of record on how fast a team has given up on a first round pick after only one season. I do fault Baalke for making that pick but I do give him props to being able admit his mistake and move on. A lot of times GMs will hold on to their draft picks because they dont want to admit their mistakes.

The Colts gave up on Elway before the pre-season started

yah but he refused to play there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
A 6-4 receiver for Kap to throw to? I'll take it.

I like his size, but if he was having trouble hauling in passes from Alex Smith. I'm not sure how well he'll do with catching those rockets from Kaepernick.

Yeah, but Smith probably throws it 5 yards in the dirt or 5 yards over his head.
Originally posted by Thechad49:

I don't know about that. I just hope he can learn to catch the ball consistently. A set with Boldin, Davis, McDonald and Baldwin as receivers would look pretty imposing to any defensive backfield. That would be a very large set.
I am guessing the team is even higher on Q Patton then we all hoped
gets worse for jenkins now that alex smith is qb now
He's going to have to put in some time with that juggs machine to get ready for Kaepernick's fastballs.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
A 6-4 receiver for Kap to throw to? I'll take it.

I like his size, but if he was having trouble hauling in passes from Alex Smith. I'm not sure how well he'll do with catching those rockets from Kaepernick.

Yeah, but Smith probably throws it 5 yards in the dirt or 5 yards over his head.

A lot of times it is easier for a receiver to catch a fastball in rhythm instead of a wobbly thing. Still a receiver who can get open but has the drops is better than one who cant get open. Also I believe if Baldwin would have been the receiver on those two interceptions that were thrown to Jenkins they would have been at worst incomplete passes.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home