The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

it cant get any worse for whatever we get
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Has anyone confirmed this?

yes
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Has anyone confirmed this?

matt maiocco
Gotta give Baalke credit for not being stubborn and sticking with a mistake. Yes, AJ was a bad pick. But at least they aren't compounding that mistake by keeping him on the roster and letting a better player go. Baldwin has been garbage in KC so far. But at 6'4" and 230 pounds that's a physical makeup you can work with over the next two games to see if he can stick.
Anyone know if Baldwin has any special teams value?
its true
I prefer big physical bust WRs that can at least block, as opposed to tiny weak bust WRs that can't even get into their routes.

But at this point, I would not be shocked to see Hawkins take Baldwin's spot.
We're so f**ked at WR. Get well soon Crabtree & Manningham!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
any info on this baldwin guy ?

Team: San Francisco 49ers Age / DOB: (24) / 8/10/1989 Ht / Wt: 6'4' / 230 College: Pittsburgh

Coach Andy Reid says Jon Baldwin needs to do a better job of catching the football.
"I can tell you that when given the opportunity in this league you'd better catch the football," Reid said. Through two preseason games, Baldwin has zero catches, and he seems to be falling even further behind Donnie Avery for the No. 2 receiver job. Baldwin has no ties to the new coaching staff, so it wouldn't come as a complete shock if he didn't make the team. He needs to step it up.

7/29/2011: Signed a four-year, $7.552 million contract. The deal included a $3.992 million signing bonus. 2013: $1,061,510 (+ $130,000 workout bonus), 2014: $1,274,765, 2015: Free Agent

All I can say at this point is I like the measurables, have always wanted a 6'3"+ 220 + lbs type guy, the rest I need to do some research about. Well, if he doesn't pan out, there is always Brandon Coleman in next year's draft I suppose.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I prefer big physical bust WRs that can at least block, as opposed to tiny weak bust WRs that can't even get into their routes.

You obviously havent seen how s**tty Hawkins has been, AJ looked like Jerry Rice compared to him
I live in the Kansas City area, and must say these two have very similar situations. Baldwin was drafted for his physical traits, but the fans have never seen any of his potential translate to anything on Sundays. But he is a bigger #2, which could be more beneficial to us. Strange the Chiefs wanted A.J., he seems very similar to Dexter McCluster to me. But hey, new start in a different situation for both, maybe they will pan out for their respective teams.

Should we consider this an upgrade? At least Baldwin was running with the first team???
At least he's bigger & stronger than AJ:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6431/jon-baldwin
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

You obviously havent seen how s**tty Hawkins has been, AJ looked like Jerry Rice compared to him

I recall rice actually catching the ball
Not sure how i should feel lol.. Relieved ?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13986/jon-baldwin
Share 49ersWebzone