There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

I always held out hope that Jenkins would reach down deep and find what he needed to to be that stretch the field guy for the Niners. It's a relief to quit gripping about that. Now, I want to see Baldwin shed those big Seattle corners when they try to smother him at the line. Dude is very large.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I will gladly eat crow and say I was way off on AJ. I thought the team would give him at least another year.

I think most of us thought the same thing, Chippie. We didn't see this coming.
Jenkins can't get open, Baldwin can't catch.... Baby steps, right?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I will gladly eat crow and say I was way off on AJ. I thought the team would give him at least another year.

I think most of us thought the same thing, Chippie. We didn't see this coming.

I thought he was going to get another year too. You're not alone. I kind of impressed that Harbaugh and Baalke have enough control of their egos to just let it go. Of course it probably helps that Baldwin was also a 1st rounder.

Me too.
If you draft enough receivers, eventually you're going to hit paydirt. They can't all be busts. Can they? Can't we get lucky in this department? Just for once?

Crabtree falling to us was pretty lucky. He was playing like an elite receiver once Kaep started.
Originally posted by cortana49:

He can catch - just not all the time. He's had some pretty sensational catches and some pretty absurd drops at the same time.
both are busts who get another chance
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by cortana49:

He can catch - just not all the time. He's had some pretty sensational catches and some pretty absurd drops at the same time.

maybe he felt pressure of having to make a horrible team better and it caused him to lose focus
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Jon Baldwin not expected to arrive in Santa Clara until tonight and will miss today's p.m. practice. (Where's Hyperloop when you need it?)
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Oh sh*t! I think I called this... before we played the Chiefs

Posted, 'Trade him to the Chiefs' in one of his thread ...Now look happened

Good call. I could not remember who made it, but I remember the call.

If you draft enough receivers, eventually you're going to hit paydirt. They can't all be busts. Can they? Can't we get lucky in this department? Just for once?

Ask Matt Milen
Man Baldwin is so bad. He drops everything you throw at him. And that's with Alex's wet noodle arm. How is he going to catch Kaepernick rockets? At least he is 6'4" 230 lbs. and strong. He won't have trouble getting off the line of scrimmage from a jam. And he has some production and catches over time unlike Jenkins. I think he is like 10% better than Jenkins. But certainly no real answer. I don't understand the Chiefs angle on why they do this?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This is only a theory but let's just say that Baldwin's Idol is Fitzgerald because they both went to Pitt. Now that he's in the same division with his idol he'll be motivated to be a better player because he wants to be just like Fitz.

I like that theory. Let's hope it pans out. One thing that is pretty certain - a guy with Baldwin's size is not really going to be getting mauled by those big corners. He may not be able to get separation, but they're definitely not going to be able to smother him at the line.

Plus I have another theory, if you look at his college highlights you can clearly see he is a deep threat wideout, the Chiefs would have destroyed his career with Alex Smith as the QB. Now, all of a sudden he is playing for a Super Bowl contender team plus with Kap's huge arm he knows he couldn't have asked for more. So, by right he should be ultra motivated.
[ Edited by Rascal on Aug 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM ]
- Jugs machine
- build rapport with Kaep
- Learn that playbook
- Run the Hill workout with Jerry frickin Rice
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home