LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I really hope Patton turns out to be a stud

This I believe will come to light!!
Maybe being on a competitive team will light a fire under him, also just the prospect of having a QB like Kap. Maybe he wakes up out of his funk or whatever. Not hard to think being stuck on a team like that for a couple years wouldn't sour you a little to the game (cf. Brandon Lloyd)
[ Edited by ninermedic on Aug 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Not gunna get to high on this guy until he shows something.

yeah..but..but
Wow just stunned right now

Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I really hope Patton turns out to be a stud

This I believe will come to light!!

Maybe the Niners feel confident about Patton enough to trade AJ
If he can just find a way to be a decent red zone target, that'll be worth the trade to me. Anything to make life easier for Kap in the red zone, I'm for it.
Originally posted by dmax:
yeah..but..but
Nope no buts I wasnt hih on aj either but i saw his upside, until i see something from him hes just camp competition.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This is only a theory but let's just say that Baldwin's Idol is Fitzgerald because they both went to Pitt. Now that he's in the same division with his idol he'll be motivated to be a better player because he wants to be just like Fitz.

I like that theory. Let's hope it pans out. One thing that is pretty certain - a guy with Baldwin's size is not really going to be getting mauled by those big corners. He may not be able to get separation, but they're definitely not going to be able to smother him at the line.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How'd they get the Chiefs to bite on this? I bet Alex Smith vouched for Aj

Dude. We essentially gave Andy Reid a playoff caliber QB for NOTHING. A couple of second round picks is all it cost him -- and Reid gets a QB with playoff seasoning. That says a lot.

Me thinks Reid repaid a favor.

lol did I miss something.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Maybe being on a competitive team will light a fire under him, also just the prospect of having a QB like Kap. Maybe he wakes up out of his funk or whatever. Not hard to think being stuck on a team like that for a couple years wouldn't sour you a little to the game (cf. Brandon Lloyd)

I hear you. After coming away with a 2-win season, KC fans were on this board stewing after losing a preseason game last-minute. Imagine playing for that team. Bleak.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How'd they get the Chiefs to bite on this? I bet Alex Smith vouched for Aj

Dude. We essentially gave Andy Reid a playoff caliber QB for NOTHING. A couple of second round picks is all it cost him -- and Reid gets a QB with playoff seasoning. That says a lot.

Me thinks Reid repaid a favor.

lol did I miss something.

I will gladly eat crow and say I was way off on AJ. I thought the team would give him at least another year.
If you draft enough receivers, eventually you're going to hit paydirt. They can't all be busts. Can they? Can't we get lucky in this department? Just for once?
Share 49ersWebzone