There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

"We'll trade you our first round receiver bust, for your first round receiver bust".
I really have not been impressed with Baldwin.

Heck, Jenkins has done more in Kansas City than Baldwin has done here. We may as well had just stuck with Jenkins, dare I say that.
i wonder if theres any other 1st round WR busts we can trade him for next year
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Please tell me what opportunities Baldwin has had? What balls have gone his way, what balls has he dropped? Where did the 49ers take advantage of his Megatron frame with a super freak vertical of 42 inches? None! His 1st catch with the team was a badd arse 1 handed catch draped on by a rams corner. He's made two other spectacular catches but were called for out of bounds. He never got the chance
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Please tell me what opportunities Baldwin has had? What balls have gone his way, what balls has he dropped? Where did the 49ers take advantage of his Megatron frame with a super freak vertical of 42 inches? None! His 1st catch with the team was a badd arse 1 handed catch draped on by a rams corner. He's made two other spectacular catches but were called for out of bounds. He never got the chance
hes f**kin lazy then. you would think a team that was talent starved at WR all year long would be able to get him on the field if he was worth s**t. why was KC and their fans so happy to get rid of this guy? hes f**kin lazy, its pretty obvious
Baldwin isnt a case of being buried behind the depth chart. There is obviously more to it than that. He's not even practicing due to an "illness". What is this illness that he has had for almost a month and a half now?
He's just not that good. His size and timed speed got him into the NFL. Another great example of the combine and workouts can influence scouts. 40-time is probably the most overrated measure for drafting.
we never knew ya', adios amigo.
I'm also against al the negativity here on Baldwin. His 2 "non-catches" were actually pretty impressive. One of them -- the one where he bobbled it out of bounds -- would have been a catch in my day.

I don't understand why he is not in the mix. I think this could be a personality clash, as has been speculated above.

I would hope not. That would be several cases of personality being the reason for no/little playing time.
For what it's worth... In 19 games, Jenkins has 8 receptions for a whopping 130 yards.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14947/aj-jenkins
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I'm also against al the negativity here on Baldwin. His 2 "non-catches" were actually pretty impressive. One of them -- the one where he bobbled it out of bounds -- would have been a catch in my day.

I don't understand why he is not in the mix. I think this could be a personality clash, as has been speculated above.

I would hope not. That would be several cases of personality being the reason for no/little playing time.

No, it's because the team has this other receiver who actually wants to be a playmaker.

Hey patton looks like a guy who deserves a chance no doubt. He was inactive for 10 weeks though.
Just because he's built like Megatron doesn't mean he has the talent or drive for greatness like Megatron. Looks can be deceiving. I will say that I wish Baldwin got a bit more opportunities to prove himself but it's entirely possible that the guy doesn't work that hard or isn't motivated enough which is truly a shame given his natural physical tools. Plus, he's been sick with some illness for over a month and hasn't been practicing, dude is probably rusty af.
Who knows what's going on. Just sayin, cause we appear to have underutilized new/young players in various instances.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Can you name these several cases?