There are 196 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Anyone notice at the end of the game in the locker room, harbaugh did the whole whose got it better than us chant and Baldwin kind of just stood there. No emotion and didn't say a word.

That's because everyone has it better than him

coooooold blooded.

but seriously I wish we used him with how the Cards *tried* to use Floyd.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Anyone notice at the end of the game in the locker room, harbaugh did the whole whose got it better than us chant and Baldwin kind of just stood there. No emotion and didn't say a word.

yes but you can tell that a lot of other players didn't say it as well. really flat "nobody" all around. I think a lot of players coast through it after tough games that they are just happy to be done with.

on another note. I think Harbaugh needs a new rally motto, the Nobody chant worked when we came out of nowhere. Now that we are mainstays and in the sights of the rest of the NFL we need something different.
Jon 'da bench' baldwin

Jon 'da bust' Baldwin

Dog house B
Most likely he will get cut before next season starts and we will save 1.4 million with 0 cap hit. Too bad I would have thought he could have done something if he put up 200+ with Cassel at QB. We just don't have a friendly receiver offense. Hopefully going into 2014 it's:

1.Crabtree 2.Boldin 3. Patton OR 1st/2nd round pick 4.Loser of #3 Battle 5.Osgood ST active re-signed 6.Mid Round Pick
Originally posted by sfout:

yes but you can tell that a lot of other players didn't say it as well. really flat "nobody" all around. I think a lot of players coast through it after tough games that they are just happy to be done with.

on another note. I think Harbaugh needs a new rally motto, the Nobody chant worked when we came out of nowhere. Now that we are mainstays and in the sights of the rest of the NFL we need something different.

Well he does change it up sometimes with "who could possibly have It better than us?"
Originally posted by sfout:

"Whoooo's more entitled then us? Nooooooobody?"

[ Edited by SFsFinest on Dec 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
The Invisible Man!
What is going on with this guy? Does he have an Aldon type "ilness" or something? He cant possibly be sick for that long.
jon roadkill baldwin
It's unfortunate how misused he has been. This is the kind of team where you are going to have to take whatever limited opportunity you have and make something happen. Those who do (Aldon Smith over Parys Haralson, Colin Kaepernick over Alex Smith, Tramaine Brock over Nmandi Asomugha, etc) earn more opportunities on this team. Those who do not ride the pine and eventually are shown the door.

The harsh reality is he makes too much to be the 4th receiver at best which is the reality he is staring at and he does not play special teams. If the 49ers allow him to remain on the roster at least through training camp and ultimately decide to cut him, will any part of his salary still count against the cap?

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for ginseng1000.
damn, looks like KC got the better end of the deal in AJ Jenkins
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

The Chiefs basically played their backups as starters in the game. A.J. put up similar numbers during the final preseason game of his rookie year.

I wouldn't overvalue his stats vs. Baldwin. Both have contributed minimally to their teams in 2013.
I find it slightly odd that were down to 4 WR's now on the entire roster with Baldwin being deactivated. 2 of them are a rookie and a special teams guy. Hope we stay healthy, because a rusty Jon Baldwin wont do us any good.
Originally posted by GEEK:

The Chiefs basically played their backups as starters in the game. A.J. put up similar numbers during the final preseason game of his rookie year.

I wouldn't overvalue his stats vs. Baldwin. Both have contributed minimally to their teams in 2013.

baldwin's in Harbaugh's doghouse.
As the above poster mentioned, we only have Crabs, boldin, patton
sad that baldwin can't even take the 4th WR spot and get a few looks in a game.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

baldwin's in Harbaugh's doghouse.
As the above poster mentioned, we only have Crabs, boldin, patton
sad that baldwin can't even take the 4th WR spot and get a few looks in a game.

He's not in Harbaugh's dog house.

We have 4 active WRs on game days. 2 of them are elite, the 3rd goes to a rookie that had all of the OTAs, TC...a whole offseason to learn out system that Baldwin didn't have. The 4th spot goes to a pro bowl special teamer.

Baldwin isn't a special teamer, he may have to become Osgood 2.0 to stay in the league but Baldwin is simply stuck behind a depth chart that is stacked against him.

Expectations of him at this point should be nothing more than playoff insurance and see if he even makes the roster for next season.
Share 49ersWebzone