There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Baldwin starts producing, I think Boldin moves into the "big slot" role as the Y receiver when Crabtree returns and rotates with both Manningham and Baldwin at both positions, which will keep all of them fresh.

According to this article, he's been working at the X receiver spot right now. http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Jon-Baldwin-Puts-in-Extra-Work/86493fa7-dc42-4ae2-99c7-b5e25f08033f

That means Baldwin would start there and Boldin would start as the Z.

X: Baldwin
Y: Williams
Z: Boldin
FLEX: Vernon

Or in simpler terms for others:

1WR Baldwin
2WR Boldin
3WR Williams
1TE Vernon Davis

Most likely though, I look for us to establish the run game and expect us to utilize Vance McDonald to bring size and power out there, over Kyle Williams who has not played well in any facet -- blocking or catching -- so far.

Agree. Boldin becomes the "big slot" Y receiver when Crabtree comes back. Boldin has been most productive from the slot. It's easier for him to get open, and he already plays in the slot about 60% of the time according to PFF.

Later in the year this is where we could see them line up:

X: Baldwin/Manningham/Boldin
Y: Boldin
Z: Crabtree

or in other words

WR1: Crabtree
WR2: Boldin/Baldwin/Manningham
Slot: Boldin
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM ]
Baldwin is gonna beast on the texans. i bet they double team boldin and this guy has a big game
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14947/a.j.-jenkins

Ahh, do you miss him?

Lets see what Baldie can do!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Baldwin starts producing, I think Boldin moves into the "big slot" role as the Y receiver when Crabtree returns and rotates with both Manningham and Baldwin at both positions, which will keep all of them fresh.

According to this article, he's been working at the X receiver spot right now. http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Jon-Baldwin-Puts-in-Extra-Work/86493fa7-dc42-4ae2-99c7-b5e25f08033f

That means Baldwin would start there and Boldin would start as the Z.

X: Baldwin
Y: Williams
Z: Boldin
FLEX: Vernon

Or in simpler terms for others:

1WR Baldwin
2WR Boldin
3WR Williams
1TE Vernon Davis

Most likely though, I look for us to establish the run game and expect us to utilize Vance McDonald to bring size and power out there, over Kyle Williams who has not played well in any facet -- blocking or catching -- so far.

Agree. Boldin becomes the "big slot" Y receiver when Crabtree comes back. Boldin has been most productive from the slot. It's easier for him to get open, and he already plays in the slot about 60% of the time according to PFF.

Later in the year this is where we could see them line up:

X: Baldwin/Manningham/Boldin
Y: Boldin
Z: Crabtree

or in other words

WR1: Crabtree
WR2: Boldin/Baldwin/Manningham
Slot: Boldin

That's great! Good for Baldwin. His success at the X could be a positive two-way as it moves Williams back to the Y (slot) which is more ideal. VD is still learning to play everywhere as well. Boldin can obviously play all 3 spots and tear it up from the Y in the RZ. Has anyone heard anything on how Manningham's progress is coming? Him back in the slot would be ideal if he can get his quickness/explosion back (although not as critical in the slot - get more clean releases here).
  • buck
  • Veteran
49ers OC Greg Roman said he was "very encouraged" by Jon Baldwin's performance in Week 4 against the Rams.
Coach Jim Harbaugh has publicly promised "more action" for Baldwin going forward. "I think the opportunities that he was given last week, shoot, I was very encouraged by it," Roman added. "I love to see guys play physical and make plays when opportunities come their way. I'm sure he'll be getting plenty of opportunities this week and he's got to take advantage of them."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/271929/niners-very-encouraged-with-wr-jon-Baldwin

I hope that Baldwin continues to improve.
Originally posted by buck:
49ers OC Greg Roman said he was "very encouraged" by Jon Baldwin's performance in Week 4 against the Rams.
Coach Jim Harbaugh has publicly promised "more action" for Baldwin going forward. "I think the opportunities that he was given last week, shoot, I was very encouraged by it," Roman added. "I love to see guys play physical and make plays when opportunities come their way. I'm sure he'll be getting plenty of opportunities this week and he's got to take advantage of them."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/271929/niners-very-encouraged-with-wr-jon-Baldwin

I hope that Baldwin continues to improve.

Sure hope to see this guy make some plays this weekend!
I hope Baldwin has a big game tonight as well, and if Kyle doesn't step it up today, I say bench him for Marlon Moore.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I hope Baldwin has a big game tonight as well, and if Kyle doesn't step it up today, I say bench him for Marlon Moore.

Tonight.

Are you on the other side of the international date line or whatever it is called?
Baldwin will be fun to watch tomorrow night I can't wait the guy is a Huge target and can block with speed.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Baldwin will be fun to watch tomorrow night I can't wait the guy is a Huge target and can block with speed.

Yes. The guy is on the right team with the right QB and players around him. All he needs is time on task with us and I believe Kap will have the confidence in him to make plays so we need to go to him early and often over these next few weeks to get him emboldened to make plays in tough situations
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM ]
What is up with Baldwin, I noticed for the last two weeks hes been on the injury report with an illness, and even inactive against the Jags, on top of the rumors of him being available for trade wtf is going on with him?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
What is up with Baldwin, I noticed for the last two weeks hes been on the injury report with an illness, and even inactive against the Jags, on top of the rumors of him being available for trade wtf is going on with him?

He just got on the team late and had to get in line.... this offensive coaching staff only does s**t in order....the only way you can move up and get playing time is if the person in front of you does HORRIBLE..not bad but HORRIBLE or that person gets injured.

I'm sure he is a MUCH better run blocker than Kyle...and much more of a threat to the defense than Kyle. Yet Kyle continues to get the starting gig..
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

He just got on the team late and had to get in line.... this offensive coaching staff only does s**t in order....the only way you can move up and get playing time is if the person in front of you does HORRIBLE..not bad but HORRIBLE or that person gets injured.
Hopefully that means he ran past Williams in the Depth Chart. I'm sure since he has the extra time he will continue to get comfortable with the playbook.
I just hope this illness isn't a serious issue, I mean they started Moore over him against the Jags thats not good.
I just hope this illness isn't a serious issue, I mean they started Moore over him against the Jags thats not good.

moore started? lol. didnt even hear his name. i hope he and kyle get cut as soon as manningham and crabs come back. both of them are useless
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home