There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

So...is he our 2nd best WR as of now? At the very least he should be #3, and have the opportunity to push KW for #2.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM ]
Was anyone watching closely.... seemed like by the end Baldwin was 2, was Williams even in there after Patton was hurt? I'm pretty sure Williams started as the #2 but by the end not sure he was out there much. Patton was seeing some time as well until he got hurt. Not saying kick him to the curb... maybe him and Moore when Manningham/Crabtree get back. Right now we need him. Should be Boldin, Baldwin, Patton/Williams (slot), Moore.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 27, 2013 at 1:08 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Baldwin = Championship

I've been saying this since we picked him up.
Kyle Williams & Moore are useless, and the rest of the WRs are injured. I say start Baldwin against Houston.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
So...is he our 2nd best WR as of now? At the very least he should be #3, and have the opportunity to push KW for #2.

I'm thinking Kyle Williams has already been booted out of that spot. Talk was that Patton jumped both Moore and Williams on the depth chart, when he went down, Baldwin was the beneficiary and he clearly did far better playing on the outside than Williams has done in terms of influencing how a defense approaches the receivers.
Baldwin looked like he's going to take over the #2 wr in a few weeks! He did aite tonite despite the amount of snaps he had. Yayyyaaahhh!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'm thinking Kyle Williams has already been booted out of that spot. Talk was that Patton jumped both Moore and Williams on the depth chart, when he went down, Baldwin was the beneficiary and he clearly did far better playing on the outside than Williams has done in terms of influencing how a defense approaches the receivers.

I'm down with that. Hopefully we've seen the last of KW in the starting lineup. I want to see Baldwin and Patton really get in the mix.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I agree, it should be the last of Kyle in the starting lineup. Boldin and Baldwin with Patton as the #3, should be sufficient until Crabtree and Manningham get back.
Baldwin looks like he can ball, starting to wonder if Harbaugh envisions him taking the 'possession' role, encase we part ways with Manningham at the end of the season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:
I agree, it should be the last of Kyle in the starting lineup. Boldin and Baldwin with Patton as the #3, should be sufficient until Crabtree and Manningham get back.

I agree too, after all Baldwin was able to produce in such little playing time. I think having Baldwin in the line-up will help Boldin out more than Kyle Williams has with height and speed I also think Baldwin is the better run blocker too. I mean what's it gonna hurt to add Baldwin to the line-up, they wouldn't be missing much with Kyle Williams producing 9 rec with 80 yards through 4 games...C'mon.
Hopefully Kap and Baldwin can spend these 10 or so days at practice establishing somewhat of a rapport with one another. Just keep mixing and matching until Mario and/or Crabtree comes back. If we can get past Houston with a win, we'll have three games against inferior opponents (Ari., Tenn. and Jax) and a bye week where we can let guys get healthy and hopefully start rotating them into the WR corps in time for the tougher part of the schedule in week 10.

Things are looking infinitely better after this game.

Yep.
Ummmm, the John Baldwin "Like a Boss" thread?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Baldwin looks like he can ball, starting to wonder if Harbaugh envisions him taking the 'possession' role, encase we part ways with Manningham at the end of the season.

Or keep both, especially considering that Manningham took a pay-cut. Manningham is a much more shifty and elusive receiver which bodes well for the slot. Baldwin is more of a poor-man's Anquan Boldin -- I mean that as a compliment -- bid-body possession target.
Kyle should only be used in the slot.

Baldwin's size (and speed) on the outside allows him to manhandle smaller corners and match up against the Browners / Shermans of the world.

Boldin flat out abused Jenkins, who is a good corner.

Baldwin's post pattern on Boldin's TD drew both DBs away from Boldin
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home