The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Should of drafted Stephen Hill

Stephen Hill sucks too. He's been dropping passes left and right this preseason.

This... one good televised game and Hill is somehow a superstar, dude hasnt done anything either.

GREAT TRADE DOE!!! This allows the receivers we WANT to make the roster. Cutting Baldwin has much less of a sting to Baalke than cutting Jenkins. Now we can put Collie and one of Lockette/Hall/Hawkins on the roster.

Lol he's not getting cut

Why wouldnt he? if he doesnt show something over the next two weeks he will get cut, BOOK IT!

You really think Harbaugh will let a receiver on the roster after two weeks if he sucks as bad as jenkins? Not gonna happen.

Because we just traded for him and he'll cost over a million against the cap? We're not cutting him for Lockette, book it

Well Lockette is almost as non productive as Jenkins, but Hall or Hawkins I could see...

Meritocracy will win out, Baldwin still has to show he can play to get on the roster.
i highly doubt baldwin will stick on this roster

but i'm glad aj jenkins is gone, he looked like the wr version of ketnwan balmer from the very moment he was drafted.
LOL at Baalke for drafting AJJ for one good game against NORTHWESTERN
Originally posted by olapac:
Why?

Maioccos gone to the point insulting our coaches and players all while hanging tightly to Colins scrotum. IDK it just bothers me.
Holy Sh*t balls batman!

I was only gone for a few hrs, then this hits

Originally posted by dj43:
At least with Baldwin we now have a guy who can compete with the size of the Seahawk secondary.

don't be so sure of this... Baldwin = looks like Tarzan plays like Jane
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I understand Baldwin has drop problems, but in terms of current production.. we got the better end of the deal. Baldwin is in his 3rd year and looks closer to becoming a decent WR than Jenkins.

I LOVE the trade, personally.

Scheme-wise I think he's a better fit as well. We need to beat the Seahawks to get the to Super Bowl and they are loaded with physical corners. There was no way Jenkins was going to get open against those guys to make a difference and he brought zero run blocking capabilities. Is Baldwin going to change our season? I highly doubt it, but at least he fits the scheme better.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Why?

Maioccos gone to the point insulting our coaches and players all while hanging tightly to Colins scrotum. IDK it just bothers me.

He just has his panties in a bunch about not being able to watch practices.
Originally posted by hohbie:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How'd they get the Chiefs to bite on this? I bet Alex Smith vouched for Aj

Dude. We essentially gave Andy Reid a playoff caliber QB for NOTHING. A couple of second round picks is all it cost him -- and Reid gets a QB with playoff seasoning. That says a lot.

Me thinks Reid repaid a favor.
I think it is more of a system thing. Reid knew how to work with smaller receivers (Jackson) and Harbaugh's system seems more fit for bigger receivers who can block. Works out for both teams and gives the players a second chance.

Good point. If he ever becomes anything close to as good as DeShawn Jackson I'd actually be happy for him.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I understand Baldwin has drop problems, but in terms of current production.. we got the better end of the deal. Baldwin is in his 3rd year and looks closer to becoming a decent WR than Jenkins.

I LOVE the trade, personally.

Scheme-wise I think he's a better fit as well. We need to beat the Seahawks to get the to Super Bowl and they are loaded with physical corners. There was no way Jenkins was going to get open against those guys to make a difference and he brought zero run blocking capabilities. Is Baldwin going to change our season? I highly doubt it, but at least he fits the scheme better.

Well, he has some career catches = infinitely better than Jenkins...

wow, the pownage of KC continues

I think this is too early to give up on Jenkins, but I realized too, we are in need of someone to step up. Jenkins just isn't doing it right now.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Boldin will mentor this kid, just watch and see, Jenkins was a bum pick that nobody liked at the time, and the concensus (sp.?) is we were mostly right. Balwin duz have the raw materials to work with, its all mental for him now. Needs a change and a boost, and he will pan out better than Jenkins could have here.. Now Jenks will be good for Chiefs too. I think both sides will be happy by end of year

My guess is that Boldin is going to spend his time with Patton. Patton makes Boldin, a straight-up serious dude, smile and laugh.
Why?

Interesting. I didn't see it that way. I think reporters always want players and coaches to be honest and not give them the "company line" talk. Not saying that's what happened when they spoke about AJ, but looking at it now, the praise wasn't warranted. But I see where you're coming from though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
The more and more maiocco wont shut up about the trade the more and more it worries me.

why? its not like most people did not know something was going to happen to jenkins based on his non body of work in a niner uniform. i guess this blows the theory that the niners are supposed to give jenkins three years. I think the coaches saw this guy was not going to do anything for us, he was not going to make the team and they could not set around waiting for him. the coach and front office knows when you stand still, you lose ground
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dj43:
At least with Baldwin we now have a guy who can compete with the size of the Seahawk secondary.

don't be so sure of this... Baldwin = looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

I agree. Don't think Baldwin is much better. He's been a disappointment for the Chiefs too. Maybe the change will cause both guys to wakeup and step up.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone