There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

He doesn't even need to do much, his presence alone intimidated the Rams, and forced them to spread the field. -It's pretty cool when you have almost 3 guys over 6'3 out there on the field all at once.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
He outmuscled two catches against some good coverage. I liked seeing that, and he had a good play on Boldins TD. Was really nice to see him out there, we need him. We need him to develop most importantly, if the kid realizes his potential and we can keep him he could end up being our big bodied WR. Maybe a homeless mans Julio Jones.

That;s gotta be worth about 800 yards a season. For a number two receiver in this offense, I'll take it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
He actually didnt look too bad. He has the size and specs of a #2 putting Williams back in the slot where he belongs.

This. Defenses won't be able to use the same sort of scheming, not sure why Williams was EVER on the outside but Baldwin looks like he can handle it and even do well. Hopefully Patton is healthy and that will give the 49ers a nice top 3 of WR's.

I think the ONLY reason why Kyle got the starting nod was familiarity. It wouldn't surprise me if Harbaugh pulled one of his go with the hot hand moves Even if the hot hand is just two catches for 19 yards :-). But hey, if it frees up Boldin more, look out. A defense had to play honest against us and we go for over 30. Who knew?
Should've been playing by week 2
I think this Baldwin guy has a chance. He just needs the reps. Great size!!!
two for two. keep feeding him and get his confidence up. id rather see him out there than kyles b***h ass
He should be starting opposite of boldin, no question
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Agree
Originally posted by THEB:
so why did patton come out tonight?

Hurt his foot.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves... he had 2 catches for 19 yards, but he definitely earned more playing time. Lets come back to earth people. There were so many passes left on the field for both TEs. Vernon could of had a 80+ yard TD and VM could of had a couple more catches, lets hope Kap sees the plays he missed and keeps improving.
[ Edited by 5280High on Sep 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Absolutely. Caught the two passes thrown to him and drew coverage away on the two TD passes.
If Baldwin can step up -- and that's a huge "if" -- it'd be huge for the offense, because it'd allow Williams/Patton to slide into the slot receiver roles that they are better-equipped to handle.
I like what I see. He has the size and is taking baby steps to contribute. We have to play him more to get some consistency going and I think he will give problems to the opposing DBs.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lets not get ahead of ourselves... he had 2 catches for 19 yards, but he definitely earned more playing time. Lets come back to earth people. There were so many passes left on the field for both TEs. Vernon could of had a 80+ yard TD and VM could of had a couple more catches, lets hope Kap sees the plays he missed and keeps improving.

He only had 2 catches

But, the Boldin TD happened because both DBs converged on him at the goal line, freeing Anquan
Originally posted by 5280High:

Im not getting ahead of myself, i just think he as more of what we are looking for with an outside receiver, williams is quick but doesnt have the size or physical build you want from an outside receiver, personally i think williams is more fit as a slot receiver, and the main reason he is our #2 is experience in the league and in this specific offense.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
I like what I see. He has the size and is taking baby steps to contribute. We have to play him more to get some consistency going and I think he will give problems to the opposing DBs.

Good first step for Baldwin. Next step will be at Houston. He has a long week to get ready for that game.

Boldin, Baldwin, and Patton (hope he is not hurt very badly) sounds like a potentially decent combination.