LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 136 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WOOHOO. Finally a chance to see. If Baldwin even makes one single play or downfield catch I think he deserves playing time the rest of the year.

I hope so. He has like a 6" advantage over their corners. Hope we toss a few in his direction and give him a chance to make a play.
Originally posted by leon49:
@Eric_Branch #49ers OC Greg Roman on WR Jon Baldwin: "His role could expand pretty soon."

Followed by "Well, we just didn't get around to putting him in."
About f**king time a*****es
If he scores a TD this website will crash tonight.
[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
If he scores a TD this website will crash tonight.

It looks like he helped draw coverage away from Boldin on the TD.
Hopefully with the extra time off he will get more reps for next week. Look decent tonight.
Baldwin in limited action seemed to do everything he was asked. He was thrown to twice and both catches were difficult ones and he made them. I really like his chances to contribute the more and more he gets immersed in the playbook. Without Patton, we need him even more now. I really don't want to see Osgood running routes instead...
  • thl408
I believe he caught both his targets tonight? Not a bad debut. Hopefully he continues to take on Boldin's knowledge and learns to use his large frame. That quick slant he caught, although it was short of a 1st down, showed how a well placed pass can take advantage of his large frame.
He actually didnt look too bad. He has the size and specs of a #2 putting Williams back in the slot where he belongs.
better than jenkins.....

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
He actually didnt look too bad. He has the size and specs of a #2 putting Williams back in the slot where he belongs.

This. Defenses won't be able to use the same sort of scheming, not sure why Williams was EVER on the outside but Baldwin looks like he can handle it and even do well. Hopefully Patton is healthy and that will give the 49ers a nice top 3 of WR's.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Hopefully with the extra time off he will get more reps for next week. Look decent tonight.

This!
He outmuscled two catches against some good coverage. I liked seeing that, and he had a good play on Boldins TD. Was really nice to see him out there, we need him. We need him to develop most importantly, if the kid realizes his potential and we can keep him he could end up being our big bodied WR. Maybe a homeless mans Julio Jones.
Make you wonder why the coaching staff waited to use him. They heard a lot of grief about Baldwin all week from the media.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yup. He needs to learn more playbook and get more reps against Houston. he's gotta show up and be our #2.
Share 49ersWebzone