There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I want Boldin, Baldwin, Vernon, and McDonald.. EVERY TIME we are in the redzone...as soon as there is a one on one match up with one of these guys throw it up dammit.

yyyyeah.. that didn't really work when we threw it up to VD last game

I would think that had something to do with, oh you know, VD pulling his hamstring and making no effort whatsover to catch the (poorly thrown) ball.

not the throw hes talking about
Doesn't hurt as this point to give this guy a chance we have ABSOLUTELY no true #2 or 3's
How about we name this the "Jon Stamos Alec Baldwin jet of truth" thread?
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by swayze:
I get what he is saying, we acquire players and then it seems as if we never have any intent of ever letting them see the field.

Last year, we signed Brandon Jacobs and drafted AJJ and LMJ. Jacobs and AJJ essentially never played, and LMJ only got any time after Hunter went down.

This year, we trade for Baldwin, no sign of any playing time for him. It's not as if there are 4 well established guys on the depth chart ahead of him. I don't know what it means or if it is indicative of some larger trend, but it can be a little frustrating how opaque Harbaugh's thought processes are lol

I thought the remark was a criticism.

James was the third string running back and did not see the field until Hunter went down. That seems pretty normal.

AJ Jenkins never earned playing time.

Brandon Jacobs was brought to play a back-up role. He was hurt a good part of the year, I believe. Then went twitter and got suspended for three games.
You can disagree with or agree with the suspension, but that seems to be a different question.

Baldwin has not been active for two games. He arrived very late in the preseason.
My sense that the Baldwin trade enabled both teams to get rid of players that were not advancing.
So far, Baldwin has not shown that he is ready to suit up. I do not find this all that surprising.

I do think it would be a positive sign if he is activated for the Colts game.

My understanding is that players have to earn a spot on the game-day roster. There are players, seven I think, that do suit up for each game.
I do not watch the practices. I do see the players development. I do not have any basis to think that x player should be or should not be activated.

Maybe there should be a rule, similar to the rule in some junior high school leagues, that ensure that every player gets to suit up and get playing time.

Maybe the remark was not a criticism. I have been wrong plenty of times.

I agree that the opaqueness of Harbaugh's thought process can be frustrating.
One of my criticisms of Harbaugh is how he deals with the press.

AJJ could of been thrown in there last year at any point! Especially after maningham went down. As a 1st round pick you should be given some plays! But no we designed plays for scrubs instead of letting AJJ see the field

Jacobs looked good in preseason. Yes he was injured in preseason, but once he healed, he still wasn't activated. He got frustrated about that and complained. He was healthy for weeks before he b***hed

Braylon Edwards- he was a big reason we beat the giants the first time around. Then all of a sudden we give him a big f you

Randy Moss- saw maybe 20 snaps a game...

Ted Ginn Jr-
Year...... Team..rec..yards.. TDs
2013 CAR 7 143 2
2012 SFO 2 1 0
2011 SFO 19 220 0
2010 SFO 12 163 1

We (Harbaugh) have a history of not utilizing players
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by swayze:
I get what he is saying, we acquire players and then it seems as if we never have any intent of ever letting them see the field.

Last year, we signed Brandon Jacobs and drafted AJJ and LMJ. Jacobs and AJJ essentially never played, and LMJ only got any time after Hunter went down.

This year, we trade for Baldwin, no sign of any playing time for him. It's not as if there are 4 well established guys on the depth chart ahead of him. I don't know what it means or if it is indicative of some larger trend, but it can be a little frustrating how opaque Harbaugh's thought processes are lol

I thought the remark was a criticism.

James was the third string running back and did not see the field until Hunter went down. That seems pretty normal.

AJ Jenkins never earned playing time.

Brandon Jacobs was brought to play a back-up role. He was hurt a good part of the year, I believe. Then went twitter and got suspended for three games.
You can disagree with or agree with the suspension, but that seems to be a different question.

Baldwin has not been active for two games. He arrived very late in the preseason.
My sense that the Baldwin trade enabled both teams to get rid of players that were not advancing.
So far, Baldwin has not shown that he is ready to suit up. I do not find this all that surprising.

I do think it would be a positive sign if he is activated for the Colts game.

My understanding is that players have to earn a spot on the game-day roster. There are players, seven I think, that do suit up for each game.
I do not watch the practices. I do see the players development. I do not have any basis to think that x player should be or should not be activated.

Maybe there should be a rule, similar to the rule in some junior high school leagues, that ensure that every player gets to suit up and get playing time.

Maybe the remark was not a criticism. I have been wrong plenty of times.

I agree that the opaqueness of Harbaugh's thought process can be frustrating.
One of my criticisms of Harbaugh is how he deals with the press.

AJJ could of been thrown in there last year at any point! Especially after maningham went down. As a 1st round pick you should be given some plays! But no we designed plays for scrubs instead of letting AJJ see the field

Jacobs looked good in preseason. Yes he was injured in preseason, but once he healed, he still wasn't activated. He got frustrated about that and complained. He was healthy for weeks before he b***hed

Braylon Edwards- he was a big reason we beat the giants the first time around. Then all of a sudden we give him a big f you

Randy Moss- saw maybe 20 snaps a game...

Ted Ginn Jr-
Year...... Team..rec..yards.. TDs
2013 CAR 7 143 2
2012 SFO 2 1 0
2011 SFO 19 220 0
2010 SFO 12 163 1

We (Harbaugh) have a history of not utilizing players

I really think we should of kept Ted Ginn Jr. and gave him some reps at PR/KR and WR #3 instead of Kyle Williams
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by swayze:
I get what he is saying, we acquire players and then it seems as if we never have any intent of ever letting them see the field.

Last year, we signed Brandon Jacobs and drafted AJJ and LMJ. Jacobs and AJJ essentially never played, and LMJ only got any time after Hunter went down.

This year, we trade for Baldwin, no sign of any playing time for him. It's not as if there are 4 well established guys on the depth chart ahead of him. I don't know what it means or if it is indicative of some larger trend, but it can be a little frustrating how opaque Harbaugh's thought processes are lol

I thought the remark was a criticism.

James was the third string running back and did not see the field until Hunter went down. That seems pretty normal.

AJ Jenkins never earned playing time.

Brandon Jacobs was brought to play a back-up role. He was hurt a good part of the year, I believe. Then went twitter and got suspended for three games.
You can disagree with or agree with the suspension, but that seems to be a different question.

Baldwin has not been active for two games. He arrived very late in the preseason.
My sense that the Baldwin trade enabled both teams to get rid of players that were not advancing.
So far, Baldwin has not shown that he is ready to suit up. I do not find this all that surprising.

I do think it would be a positive sign if he is activated for the Colts game.

My understanding is that players have to earn a spot on the game-day roster. There are players, seven I think, that do suit up for each game.
I do not watch the practices. I do see the players development. I do not have any basis to think that x player should be or should not be activated.

Maybe there should be a rule, similar to the rule in some junior high school leagues, that ensure that every player gets to suit up and get playing time.

Maybe the remark was not a criticism. I have been wrong plenty of times.

I agree that the opaqueness of Harbaugh's thought process can be frustrating.
One of my criticisms of Harbaugh is how he deals with the press.

AJJ could of been thrown in there last year at any point! Especially after maningham went down. As a 1st round pick you should be given some plays! But no we designed plays for scrubs instead of letting AJJ see the field

Jacobs looked good in preseason. Yes he was injured in preseason, but once he healed, he still wasn't activated. He got frustrated about that and complained. He was healthy for weeks before he b***hed

Braylon Edwards- he was a big reason we beat the giants the first time around. Then all of a sudden we give him a big f you

Randy Moss- saw maybe 20 snaps a game...

Ted Ginn Jr-
Year...... Team..rec..yards.. TDs
2013 CAR 7 143 2
2012 SFO 2 1 0
2011 SFO 19 220 0
2010 SFO 12 163 1

We (Harbaugh) have a history of not utilizing players

I really think we should of kept Ted Ginn Jr. and gave him some reps at PR/KR and WR #3 instead of Kyle Williams

He needs to do as he says and "play the hot hand". KW ain't the hot hand and frank gore was this game. We should have run and we need to erase KW and Marlon Moore and play Baldwin and Patton more. If the run is working keep running. Let's not get too cute. And this ain't Stanford with this Owen Marecic mess playing while LMJ sits. Too many teamers and not enough emphasis on WR and NT this game. ST is playing a tad better though
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by swayze:
I get what he is saying, we acquire players and then it seems as if we never have any intent of ever letting them see the field.

Last year, we signed Brandon Jacobs and drafted AJJ and LMJ. Jacobs and AJJ essentially never played, and LMJ only got any time after Hunter went down.

This year, we trade for Baldwin, no sign of any playing time for him. It's not as if there are 4 well established guys on the depth chart ahead of him. I don't know what it means or if it is indicative of some larger trend, but it can be a little frustrating how opaque Harbaugh's thought processes are lol

I thought the remark was a criticism.

James was the third string running back and did not see the field until Hunter went down. That seems pretty normal.

AJ Jenkins never earned playing time.

Brandon Jacobs was brought to play a back-up role. He was hurt a good part of the year, I believe. Then went twitter and got suspended for three games.
You can disagree with or agree with the suspension, but that seems to be a different question.

Baldwin has not been active for two games. He arrived very late in the preseason.
My sense that the Baldwin trade enabled both teams to get rid of players that were not advancing.
So far, Baldwin has not shown that he is ready to suit up. I do not find this all that surprising.

I do think it would be a positive sign if he is activated for the Colts game.

My understanding is that players have to earn a spot on the game-day roster. There are players, seven I think, that do suit up for each game.
I do not watch the practices. I do see the players development. I do not have any basis to think that x player should be or should not be activated.

Maybe there should be a rule, similar to the rule in some junior high school leagues, that ensure that every player gets to suit up and get playing time.

Maybe the remark was not a criticism. I have been wrong plenty of times.

I agree that the opaqueness of Harbaugh's thought process can be frustrating.
One of my criticisms of Harbaugh is how he deals with the press.

AJJ could of been thrown in there last year at any point! Especially after maningham went down. As a 1st round pick you should be given some plays! But no we designed plays for scrubs instead of letting AJJ see the field

Jacobs looked good in preseason. Yes he was injured in preseason, but once he healed, he still wasn't activated. He got frustrated about that and complained. He was healthy for weeks before he b***hed

Braylon Edwards- he was a big reason we beat the giants the first time around. Then all of a sudden we give him a big f you

Randy Moss- saw maybe 20 snaps a game...

Ted Ginn Jr-
Year...... Team..rec..yards.. TDs
2013 CAR 7 143 2
2012 SFO 2 1 0
2011 SFO 19 220 0
2010 SFO 12 163 1

We (Harbaugh) have a history of not utilizing players


This !! I have been saying this all along !!
I figured this year he would be inactive a lot and we would let him learn the system and then next offseason have him hit it hard and work on catching and see if he is worthy of the team after the pre-season. However, I'm starting to think there is no reason to not let him play. He had 200+ yards with a crappy QB. What have Moore and Williams done to not give Baldwin a chance? Also, would be nice to see more than 1 or 2 WR sets. We hardly go 3 WR sets... wish we would have spread out a little more at times (especially against seattle). That being said like you guys said if we are going by whoever earns playing time some of these guys down on the depth chart probably aren't going to get enough reps to earn time in a game. As for Ginn he was a solid return guy but never offered us anything at WR or he would still be here. I would assume Newton likes to go deep and he fits them more than us. Ginn isn't a big fan for going across the middle. He has his chances at WR he didn't produce so we had to move on. I hope if Williams doesn't step up we don't bring him back either. Same goes for Moore.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2013 at 3:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I figured this year he would be inactive a lot and we would let him learn the system and then next offseason have him hit it hard and work on catching and see if he is worthy of the team after the pre-season. However, I'm starting to think there is no reason to not let him play. He had 200+ yards with a crappy QB. What have Moore and Williams done to not give Baldwin a chance? Also, would be nice to see more than 1 or 2 WR sets. We hardly go 3 WR sets... wish we would have spread out a little more at times (especially against seattle). That being said like you guys said if we are going by whoever earns playing time some of these guys down on the depth chart probably aren't going to get enough reps to earn time in a game. As for Ginn he was a solid return guy but never offered us anything at WR or he would still be here. I would assume Newton likes to go deep and he fits them more than us. Ginn isn't a big fan for going across the middle. He has his chances at WR he didn't produce so we had to move on. I hope if Williams doesn't step up we don't bring him back either. Same goes for Moore.

I think we can see that neither KW or Moore is going to do much. We have a much more talented Baldwin sitting when he produced more with Cassel under center
@Eric_Branch #49ers OC Greg Roman on WR Jon Baldwin: "His role could expand pretty soon."
Originally posted by leon49:
@Eric_Branch #49ers OC Greg Roman on WR Jon Baldwin: "His role could expand pretty soon."

Posted this in another thread as well but, this is my take on it:

We have a lot of receivers on the roster and the team was clearly giving the guys who had been here all off-season working together the first shot. Baldwin's physical game is there and we're seeing now with his mental game catching up with the others, he's likely to get a shot soon.

I'm hopeful and can't wait to see him play. Personally, I feel he's a better fit for the outside receiver position with KW and Patton moving inside and splitting time in the slot. KW is far better suited as a #3 in the slot.
Well looks like hes gunna get his long awaited chance.
WOOHOO. Finally a chance to see. If Baldwin even makes one single play or downfield catch I think he deserves playing time the rest of the year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WOOHOO. Finally a chance to see. If Baldwin even makes one single play or downfield catch I think he deserves playing time the rest of the year.

I hope so. He has like a 6" advantage over their corners. Hope we toss a few in his direction and give him a chance to make a play.
Originally posted by leon49:
@Eric_Branch #49ers OC Greg Roman on WR Jon Baldwin: "His role could expand pretty soon."

Followed by "Well, we just didn't get around to putting him in."
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home