There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
I love how people cherry pick a highlight or lowlight to try to prove their point. jon made two nice grabs in his first game but of course the dropped score trumps everything., one pass in one pre season game means zip and the coaches must agree because we see who made the team
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Only biased 9er fans think that ball was tipped. We TIVOed the crap out of that play, no one touched it. He just could not make a tough catch in the endzone. Right now Baldwin is less than average WR in the NFL. He has got the tools to be great, but right now excluding injuries, he is 7th best WR on the team.

Traded straight up for Jenkins...did you expect a Jerry Rice?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

He's just hurt that Hawkins didn't make it.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I watched the TD pass Baldwin dropped 3-4 times, and both me and a non-49er fan agreed the defender did not touch the ball. . He just dropped it. If you want to say it was too close, he should have gotten more separation. In the last 3 games he dropped a pass that hit him in the chest from Alex, and dropped 6 points.

No on trades AJ jenkins for Randy Moss, even the Chiefs.

the pass was definitely tipped

Only biased 9er fans think that ball was tipped. We TIVOed the crap out of that play, no one touched it. He just could not make a tough catch in the endzone. Right now Baldwin is less than average WR in the NFL. He has got the tools to be great, but right now excluding injuries, he is 7th best WR on the team.

could care less about baldwin, just being honest in what i saw
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

of course this is the truth. we got a guy who i expect to give us 20-30 receptions and maybe a couple of scores. i think anyone who saw jenkins would be thrilled with that
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth. we got a guy who i expect to give us 20-30 receptions and maybe a couple of scores. i think anyone who saw jenkins would be thrilled with that

Drops are the bane of an offensive drive. Your getting 5 drops for every 3 receptions with Baldwin. That's what the stats said and that's what the games have shown. I mean I guess it's better than nothing....maybe. Idk.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Drops are the bane of an offensive drive. Your getting 5 drops for every 3 receptions with Baldwin. That's what the stats said and that's what the games have shown. I mean I guess it's better than nothing....maybe. Idk.

i am not even going to start a debate on what jon did in two pre season games. he caught two balls in game one and dropped a pass in game two. he made the team, he is not expected to be a super star, whatever we get from him is gravy. jenkins was nothing

No, not even JJ Stokes, that is my point.

He is a project with limited time to improve. He will have this year and if his work ethic and ability warrant, he will be given another year; but if he doesn't show enough effort or maturity or improvement on his hands...bye, bye. Baalke/Harbaugh don't suffer fools for long and this team has too many draft picks ahead to sit and wait on a developmental guy overly long!
No, not even JJ Stokes, that is my point.

OK, thanks.
I think he will do ok. Way better than Jenks was likely to do for us. With a good qb and other targets he will be a factor in my view.

And right now we have a bucket-load of targets.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I think he will do ok. Way better than Jenks was likely to do for us. With a good qb and other targets he will be a factor in my view.

that is a reason why he does not have to be great. we got good guys ahead of him, again whatever we get is just gravy . then as another poster said, you worry about next year in the off season with him. i like him and he has given me no reason to hate him in a niner uniform. Now if he becomes the second coming of walker and drops costs us points, then we have a different conversation but i feel it will not get to that point with him
Originally posted by English:

that is a reason why he does not have to be great. we got good guys ahead of him, again whatever we get is just gravy . then as another poster said, you worry about next year in the off season with him. i like him and he has given me no reason to hate him in a niner uniform. Now if he becomes the second coming of walker and drops costs us points, then we have a different conversation but i feel it will not get to that point with him

This is also why he can sit and learn as Harbaugh helps him learn how to improve and work hard at his craft. In the mean time he may be able to get those jump balls that the other WRs can't seem to reach.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
This is also why he can sit and learn as Harbaugh helps him learn how to improve and work hard at his craft. In the mean time he may be able to get those jump balls that the other WRs can't seem to reach.
moss was a failure last year but as you said,, you get a young guy who has a good attitude with the right coaches teaching him, he could end up being special