There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Manos de piedra
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I'll be honest, Baldwin can't have worse hands than Delanie Walker did.... I think with some coaching up on technique and loads of reps on the juggs machine, he'll be a solid if unspectacular contributor.
Originally posted by Buchy:
I'll be honest, Baldwin can't have worse hands than Delanie Walker did.... I think with some coaching up on technique and loads of reps on the juggs machine, he'll be a solid if unspectacular contributor.

This, I think your spot on, his day should be, Playbook, Jugs machine, repeat as necessary.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
The Jon 'Bout to get cut' Baldwin Thread.

Originally posted by bret:
I searched for Chiefs info today to see what was happening with AJ Jenkins. (Not much 2 catches in 5 targets for 14 yds on Thursday), but I did find an interesting post on the x,y & z receivers and on their ideas about how Baldwin/Jenkins did/didn't fit. Here's the link: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/19/4638036/the-xy-and-zs-why-the-baldwin-trade-was-made

This guy compared Jenkins to DeSean Jackson at the end of this article.
[ Edited by kray28 on Aug 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by bret:
I searched for Chiefs info today to see what was happening with AJ Jenkins. (Not much 2 catches in 5 targets for 14 yds on Thursday), but I did find an interesting post on the x,y & z receivers and on their ideas about how Baldwin/Jenkins did/didn't fit. Here's the link: http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/19/4638036/the-xy-and-zs-why-the-baldwin-trade-was-made

This guy compared Jenkins to DeSean Jackson at the end of this article.

He's just like Jackson except without the playmaking ability and production.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Manos de piedra

or manos de mierda
The Jon Don't Drop the Ball for D'win Thread

Sorry guys , I don't buy it. He made 3 nice passes from Colt look easy to catch, and a fourth, behind him, was a fastball that he twisted around for but only got on is fingertips. So 3 catches for 3 nice passes . 1 bad pass, which was really hurried when OL looked like all Kwame. I rewatched again just to focus on his blocking. Very good, I would say. So sorry, "stone hands" won't get it. He will play into his name and it will become clear soon enough. What? you all wanted AJ out there showing us his stuff? Sorry, I would rather pocket the additional $2.3 mil(approx., AB knows exactly in cap) and we also have a guy who has caught 40 passes in two yrs, (so he has nfl experience), but from some really sorry qBs, and worse, a crummy HC. Watch and see how he does under JH, who along with trent made the AJ thing just go away and make us come out looking good. Call him stone hands all you want, but I expect to see a lot of guys eat crow by midseason or so.

Think of him this way : Boldin, patton, vance, Vernon, Baldwin. That looks pretty dam impressive when you add Kap in there.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Sorry guys , I don't buy it. He made 3 nice passes from Colt look easy to catch, and a fourth, behind him, was a fastball that he twisted around for but only got on is fingertips. So 3 catches for 3 nice passes . 1 bad pass, which was really hurried when OL looked like all Kwame. I rewatched again just to focus on his blocking. Very good, I would say. So sorry, "stone hands" won't get it. He will play into his name and it will become clear soon enough. What? you all wanted AJ out there showing us his stuff? Sorry, I would rather pocket the additional $2.3 mil(approx., AB knows exactly in cap) and we also have a guy who has caught 40 passes in two yrs, (so he has nfl experience), but from some really sorry qBs, and worse, a crummy HC. Watch and see how he does under JH, who along with trent made the AJ thing just go away and make us come out looking good. Call him stone hands all you want, but I expect to see a lot of guys eat crow by midseason or so.

Think of him this way : Boldin, patton, vance, Vernon, Baldwin. That looks pretty dam impressive when you add Kap in there.

I watched the TD pass Baldwin dropped 3-4 times, and both me and a non-49er fan agreed the defender did not touch the ball. . He just dropped it. If you want to say it was too close, he should have gotten more separation. In the last 3 games he dropped a pass that hit him in the chest from Alex, and dropped 6 points.

No on trades AJ jenkins for Randy Moss, even the Chiefs.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I watched the TD pass Baldwin dropped 3-4 times, and both me and a non-49er fan agreed the defender did not touch the ball. . He just dropped it. If you want to say it was too close, he should have gotten more separation. In the last 3 games he dropped a pass that hit him in the chest from Alex, and dropped 6 points.

the pass was definitely tipped
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
The Jon Don't Drop the Ball for D'win Thread

I was thinking: Jon "I only need a six week lease on this apartment" baldwin thread or maybe Jon's things to do in six weeks in SF guide.
The "He's probably better than Jenkins, Jon Baldwin" thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mattster03:
The "He's probably better than Jenkins, Jon Baldwin" thread
or he and 99 per cent of the wide outs in the nfl are better than jenkins
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

the pass was definitely tipped

Only biased 9er fans think that ball was tipped. We TIVOed the crap out of that play, no one touched it. He just could not make a tough catch in the endzone. Right now Baldwin is less than average WR in the NFL. He has got the tools to be great, but right now excluding injuries, he is 7th best WR on the team.