Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Other than being....

~ Former 1st rounder.
~ 6'4" 230 lbs.

How is this guy any good? Patton, Hawkins, and Moore are better than this. He does drop a lot and he does look slow out there. I hope we don't cut good players to keep this.

You said it yourself. 6'4" 230 lbs.

The other receivers on our roster:

Anquan Boldin 6'1 220
Austin Collie 6'0 204
Chad Hall 5'8 187
Lavelle Hawkins 5'11 194
Chuck Jacobs 6'0 178
Marlon Moore 6'0 190
Quinton Patton 6'0 204
Kyle Williams 5'10 186

Average (excluding Boldin) 5'11 191 lbs.

VD, Vance, and Baldwin will have some jump ball opportunities in the endzone. EAD Seattle!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
VD, Vance, and Baldwin will have some jump ball opportunities in the endzone. EAD Seattle!!!

Boldin too!! He's the best jump ball guy we have.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It becomes a game of pick your poison at that point.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It becomes a game of pick your poison at that point.

Yup, and that's if we don't just choose to run it down their throats. Redzone offense has been a weakness in the past. We should be much improved in that area this year with legit redzone targets.
Other than being....

~ Former 1st rounder.
~ 6'4" 230 lbs.

How is this guy any good? Patton, Hawkins, and Moore are better than this. He does drop a lot and he does look slow out there. I hope we don't cut good players to keep this.

Anquan Boldin 6'1 220
Austin Collie 6'0 204
Chad Hall 5'8 187
Lavelle Hawkins 5'11 194
Chuck Jacobs 6'0 178
Marlon Moore 6'0 190
Quinton Patton 6'0 204
Kyle Williams 5'10 186

He's drops all over the place just like in KC. Even sure TD's. This guy is worthless. Plus he looks super slow out there. He's garbage. I want players. Not potential.
Other than being....

~ Former 1st rounder.
~ 6'4" 230 lbs.

Anquan Boldin 6'1 220
Austin Collie 6'0 204
Chad Hall 5'8 187
Lavelle Hawkins 5'11 194
Chuck Jacobs 6'0 178
Marlon Moore 6'0 190
Quinton Patton 6'0 204
Kyle Williams 5'10 186

He's drops all over the place just like in KC. Even sure TD's. This guy is worthless. Plus he looks super slow out there. He's garbage. I want players. Not potential.

He is not polished at all to be an every down WR. But he is great for situational use. As others have noted, against the big secondary players in the NFC west, he will demand attention from one of their stars based on just a size matchup.

If Harbaugh could figure out how to utilize Delanie Walker for mismatches, I'm sure he could with Jon. I wish he could block like Delanie doe
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Other than being....

~ Former 1st rounder.
~ 6'4" 230 lbs.

Anquan Boldin 6'1 220
Austin Collie 6'0 204
Chad Hall 5'8 187
Lavelle Hawkins 5'11 194
Chuck Jacobs 6'0 178
Marlon Moore 6'0 190
Quinton Patton 6'0 204
Kyle Williams 5'10 186

He is not polished at all to be an every down WR. But he is great for situational use. As others have noted, against the big secondary players in the NFC west, he will demand attention from one of their stars based on just a size matchup.

If Harbaugh could figure out how to utilize Delanie Walker for mismatches, I'm sure he could with Jon. I wish he could block like Delanie doe

I just hate to cut a good player like Hawkins to keep this garbage. Hawkins provides us special teams quality too.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think you guys know how good Baldwin is. Wait till he get's more throws thrown to him. Then, you'll be convinced.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't think you guys know how good Baldwin is. Wait till he get's more throws thrown to him. Then, you'll be convinced.

He did the same garbage in KC. Drop, drop, drop. Slower than his timed speed too and can't separate.
hawkings made a lot of bone head mistakes during the preseason. He's a dam good player, but if he's going to make bone head moves and cost us yards or games for that matter. Jim doesn't like it when you screw up and hurt the team.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
hawkings made a lot of bone head mistakes during the preseason. He's a dam good player, but if he's going to make bone head moves and cost us yards or games for that matter. Jim doesn't like it when you screw up and hurt the team.

He took his helmet of once..... The taunting thing was complete BS. The refs were out of control on that one. Rediculous call.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Baldwin just needs lots more reps on the juggs machine.
He did the same garbage in KC. Drop, drop, drop. Slower than his timed speed too and can't separate.

Dear god, he had zero drops last year. ZERO DROPS IN 2012.
I just hate to cut a good player like Hawkins to keep this garbage. Hawkins provides us special teams quality too.

Lavelle Hawkins is 27. He's had 7 or fewer receptions in 4 of his 5 seasons.

But don't worry, he's made a handful of plays against guys who will be playing Arena Football in a few months. Sign him up!

Same here. Hawkins deserves a spot ahead of Baldwin.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home