There are 150 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by LVJay:
I remember... fans ripped him quite a bit. I think most of those doing the ripping, however, were the OTHER fans (posing as Niner fans)

No there was a few that are regulars and from what ive seen great fans. But some fans are still a little more paranoid then others.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I remember... fans ripped him quite a bit. I think most of those doing the ripping, however, were the OTHER fans (posing as Niner fans)

No there was a few that are regulars and from what ive seen great fans. But some fans are still a little more paranoid then others.

Baalke and Harbaugh work together. Do you think Baalke could guard his reputation when he has to look Harbaugh in the eye every day? Harbs would cut off his right hand if he thought it would give the team a better chance of being competitive...and you want to try to save face? One of the biggest things Harbaugh brings to the table (and this is what people who want to write him off as an a*****e miss) is utter integrity about making the team better, not just an attitude but a culture. And Baalke is a big part of that culture as well.
guy on nfln thinks baldwin could end up being kaps #1 target by the end of the season
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
guy on nfln thinks baldwin could end up being kaps #1 target by the end of the season

If you have options to that idea, I could see him being a major red zone target. If we can assume Boldin and Davis will be the most heavily defended, the 2nd and 3rd options might flourish. If Baldwin becomes one of those guys....I could see it happening. Vance and Baldwin are the best jump ball targets who wont get superb coverage.

Lots of ifs
Originally posted by jreff22:

If you have options to that idea, I could see him being a major red zone target. If we can assume Boldin and Davis will be the most heavily defended, the 2nd and 3rd options might flourish. If Baldwin becomes one of those guys....I could see it happening. Vance and Baldwin are the best jump ball targets who wont get superb coverage.

Lots of ifs

I just hope someone really steps up and takes the #2 job from Kyle Williams. I'd love to see Patton, Baldwin, or Moore take that role. I think Kyle can be an effective receiver in certain packages. He's very fast and quick, but I'm not convinced he's consistent enough to be an every down player.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Lots of ifs

I just hope someone really steps up and takes the #2 job from Kyle Williams. I'd love to see Patton, Baldwin, or Moore take that role. I think Kyle can be an effective receiver in certain packages. He's very fast and quick, but I'm not convinced he's consistent enough to be an every down player.

100% Agree.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Lots of ifs

100% Agree.

me three
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Lots of ifs

100% Agree.

me three

Same here.
There are a lot of situations where his size and speed will be a mis match.

He will get nothing but one on one matchups and he will muscle in a lot of catches on smaller defenders and will out run LBs
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Lots of ifs

Yeah, I agree. Kyle should not be our #2. Baldwin, Patton or Moore should move ahead of him.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I agree. Kyle should not be our #2. Baldwin, Patton or Moore should move ahead of him.

This may be a really fine group over the next few years...Boldin, Crabtree, Manningham, Baldwin, Patton and Moore compared with
Edit--keep forgetting Williams:)

2008: Bryant Johnson, Battle, Morgan and Hill
2007: Battle, Gilmore, Jacobs, Jackson, Lelie and Hill.
2008: Bruce, Bryant Johnson, Battle, Morgan, Zeigler and Hill
2009: Morgan, Bruce, Crabtree, Spurlock, Hill, Jones and Battle
2010: Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn, Jr., Josh Morgan, Kyle Williams.
2011: Ginn, Williams, Crabtree, Edwards, Morgan and Swain.

So much...blah!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 29, 2013 at 7:44 AM ]

Seems likely. Kyle is a nice little slot guy, but Baldwin and Patton seem like locks to slide ahead of him.

The thing about kyle is he pretty much went down right after kap started. We really don't know what his production can be with kap. Kap really likes to push the ball down the field and it seems like that could be a real strength for williams. But I agree that if he doesn't produce quickly someone else needs to step up.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This may be a really fine group over the next few years...Boldin, Crabtree, Manningham, Baldwin, Patton and Moore compared with

So much...blah!

gosh, 2007 was sooooo brutal...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

So much...blah!

gosh, 2007 was sooooo brutal...

no wonder I was pushing for us to sign david boston back then
Share 49ersWebzone