There are 289 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Should of drafted Stephen Hill

Stephen Hill sucks too. He's been dropping passes left and right this preseason.

This... one good televised game and Hill is somehow a superstar, dude hasnt done anything either.

GREAT TRADE DOE!!! This allows the receivers we WANT to make the roster. Cutting Baldwin has much less of a sting to Baalke than cutting Jenkins. Now we can put Collie and one of Lockette/Hall/Hawkins on the roster.

Lol he's not getting cut

Why wouldnt he? if he doesnt show something over the next two weeks he will get cut, BOOK IT!

You really think Harbaugh will let a receiver on the roster after two weeks if he sucks as bad as jenkins? Not gonna happen.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
At least Baldwin would matchup better against Seahags corners ....if he can catch the dam ball..
I hope this works out, I watched every game Jenkins played in at Illinois. I watched him develop slowly but become a beast. Academic All-American 3 times. I realized he was a slow starter, im ok with the trade. I still fear hes gonna be everything Baalke thought he would be. Baldwin on the other hand is a naturally gifted player who is just a Bonehead trouble maker who left Pitt on terrible terms, had his wrist broken by Thomas Jones his rookie year in camp because he didnt want to listen to the coaches and do things his way. If he doesnt decide to buy in he wont even be on the team in 2 weeks.
Bold move...strong statement by the 49ers, all the talk of meritocracy holds up in the end. Didn't think they'd do it, but not upset that they did.
[ Edited by ninermedic on Aug 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Well we have our starter now opposite Boldin. Love it. I wanted to draft him. I know he's underachieved but he does have som ability and that qb situation in KC never did him any favors

He hasn't earned anything yet, especially the starter role.

Dude is good and has some production. He'll get coached up and Kaep will make him shine. Baldwin is one of t he most talented wrs on the team. I'm sure he'll take advantage and show he can start for us

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Well we have our starter now opposite Boldin. Love it. I wanted to draft him. I know he's underachieved but he does have som ability and that qb situation in KC never did him any favors

+1. This..." that qb situation in KC never did him any favors". Not many people are bringing this up. Who was throwing to him these past two years? Cassel, Quinn, etc.? Not even considered good QBs. Let's see what Kap can do for him...people ask how is Baldwin going to catch Kap's lasers? For one, D. Walker caught his share (and we all saw his hands of stone on many occasions last year). Also, Kap is learning how to put more touch on the ball when necessary. All in all, if Baldwin can see this as an opportunity to get his career going and puts in the hard work, burns out the Jugs machine, works on his blocking, etc., this could end up being just the WR we need to compliment Boldin, Crabtree (when he returns) and the rest of the corp. Baldwin is big and has speed...and, just turned 24. I'm really interested in seeing what Harbaugh and his staff can do with him.
How'd they get the Chiefs to bite on this? I bet Alex Smith vouched for Aj
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
For what is worth, to me at least his highlights are far more impressive than Jenkins. You can see from the tape Baldwin is without doubt a deep threat wideout and if the original idea of drafting Jenkins was to stretch the field then he fits the brief far more than Jenkins.

I will do more research on the guy, but we have to remember the Chiefs' QBs were a pile of dog sh*t. Let's see what this guy has got. No doubt he looks raw, very raw in fact, but with Kap under center, I think we might be able to do something here.

homeless man's mike wallace for a homeless man's vincent jackson

Originally posted by verb1der:
How'd they get the Chiefs to bite on this? I bet Alex Smith vouched for Aj

Dude. We essentially gave Andy Reid a playoff caliber QB for NOTHING. A couple of second round picks is all it cost him -- and Reid gets a QB with playoff seasoning. That says a lot.

Me thinks Reid repaid a favor.
Very interesting and cool. This could work for both or neither sides. I'd rather have A.J. Jenkins than Baldwin, honestly.. but this trading of underwhelming WRs for fresh starts is fine by me. KC could use more speed, and would be screwed if Avery gets injured. SF could use a big dude that Kaep can lob it up to for jump balls. Will be fun to see how this plays out.
A 6-4 receiver for Kap to throw to? I'll take it.
Oh sh*t! I think I called this... before we played the Chiefs

Posted, 'Trade him to the Chiefs' in one of his thread ...Now look happened
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Stephen Hill sucks too. He's been dropping passes left and right this preseason.

This... one good televised game and Hill is somehow a superstar, dude hasnt done anything either.

GREAT TRADE DOE!!! This allows the receivers we WANT to make the roster. Cutting Baldwin has much less of a sting to Baalke than cutting Jenkins. Now we can put Collie and one of Lockette/Hall/Hawkins on the roster.

Lol he's not getting cut

Why wouldnt he? if he doesnt show something over the next two weeks he will get cut, BOOK IT!

You really think Harbaugh will let a receiver on the roster after two weeks if he sucks as bad as jenkins? Not gonna happen.

Because we just traded for him and he'll cost over a million against the cap? We're not cutting him for Lockette, book it
Share 49ersWebzone