LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yeah, DNiner, but a "bad blood" situation(sucker punch of Baldwin by a veteran) kinda gave them no choice. Doesn't change the fact , tho, that our F.O. burned them twice. It seems the football Gods are smiling on us when an unarguably bad 1st pick last yr turns into a real threat this yr. And saved us something like $2.3 Mil in the process. Amazing.

Oh, yes, and don't forget that it is becoming more and more apparent our GM and HC are substantially better than whoever is in 2nd place.

Think we'll have to wait to see if we burned the Chiefs...once, twice or never. If Smith plays well and leads them to a winning record for the next few year then he is a good stop gap. If he plays better and they are in the Super Bowl hunt then they got a steal. Same with Jenkins. He didn't show much in SF but what if he learns that life is tough and you actually need to fight for what you want?

If neither Smith or Jenkins amounts to anything then the niners got two steals.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by xtm059:
as usual, the doc said nothing wrong. i have been high on moore from day one and am glad he is not making me eat crow. need kyle in there to return punts as james scares the hell out of me but if all else fails we got cox which is ok

I've been sucking the guy off in the thread I started when he got signed. I really like moore. I like him a lot, I think he's great. I'd marry him. I'd do the dishes for him and make sure the house was clean when he got home. I'd work out every day and watch how many carbs I take in so I always look nice for him. I'd give him a nice rub down and pack him off to the shower, and have warm towels ready for him when he got out. I'd be so passionate when it was time to blow out the candles too.

What I'm really trying to say here - I think he will be a great option for Kaep to send the ball downfield, and I think he will do well with the niners.
as I try to erase all of the disturbing images created by your post , I thought when he was first signed he would do kicks and punts and catch a few more passes than ginn but he has really seized this chance unlike others, no names mentioned but his initials are/were jenkins. I think he will play so much wide out he will not do alot of kick returns but I hope he will play special teams. I see no reason why he can not be in the top three or four in regards to pass receptions

I agree completely. He may be the #2 or 3 reciever on the field, but he'll always be #1 in my heart
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yeah, DNiner, but a "bad blood" situation(sucker punch of Baldwin by a veteran) kinda gave them no choice. Doesn't change the fact , tho, that our F.O. burned them twice. It seems the football Gods are smiling on us when an unarguably bad 1st pick last yr turns into a real threat this yr. And saved us something like $2.3 Mil in the process. Amazing.

Oh, yes, and don't forget that it is becoming more and more apparent our GM and HC are substantially better than whoever is in 2nd place.

Think we'll have to wait to see if we burned the Chiefs...once, twice or never. If Smith plays well and leads them to a winning record for the next few year then he is a good stop gap. If he plays better and they are in the Super Bowl hunt then they got a steal. Same with Jenkins. He didn't show much in SF but what if he learns that life is tough and you actually need to fight for what you want?

If neither Smith or Jenkins amounts to anything then the niners got two steals.
Well if Tank and baldwin balls out along with the other player we get with next years KC pick then we made out nicely. Come to think of it Baalke flipped the KC pick to tank and a 3rd in 2014 plus we still got another pick coming 2nd or 3rd. Those players ball we win these deals
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Kyle already out for the season with his acl injury by the time of our rematch with Seattle?

Yes, I just followed on from NCommand's comment, but other than that nothing changes in the content of my comment.
it is not the content of your comment, it is not the color of your skin,, it is only the content of your character that we are concerned with today

What the hell are you on about here ?
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Kyle already out for the season with his acl injury by the time of our rematch with Seattle?

Yes, I just followed on from NCommand's comment, but other than that nothing changes in the content of my comment.
it is not the content of your comment, it is not the color of your skin,, it is only the content of your character that we are concerned with today

You dont get what CC's saying?
Seriously?
  • THEB
  • Veteran

I didnt even pay attention in history class and i know a MLK pun when i see one.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" -MLK
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

why u guys always messing wif rascal
Originally posted by LVJay:

Cuz its fun, and he's a newb with a veterans mindset and we need to keep him grounded. Oh and cuz its fun.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
You're right. Williams went out in the Saints game. He was already gone.

Yeah i knew he went out in the Saints game i was trying to remember which was first. So we were down kw, hunter, justin, aldon was half a player, lost mario in the game, and vernon got hammered too. I think Seattle is going to pay at home this year. How many of there new signs are injured now? This receiving corp is going to hurt them browner and sheman can only hold one receiver each per play and our rbs back at full force. Seattles good but theyve got something coming as long as Kaepernick can deal with the noise.

CAWK blockers are gonna get punished something fierce

I cant wait.

• LVJay
  • Veteran

Cuz its fun, and he's a newb with a veterans mindset and we need to keep him grounded. Oh and cuz its fun.

so many lulz
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

I cant wait.

"shock and awe"

Their o-line is still questionable and half a gram above average, at best. Their front seven isn't even close to ours! Their DBs are going to get a taste of a bunch of new wrinkles added to the playbook...

carroll is going to flip her wig by half time. The raucous crowd will be losing their minds/voices from frustration and what not......

I cant wait.

"shock and awe"

Their o-line is still questionable and half a gram above average, at best. Their front seven isn't even close to ours! Their DBs are going to get a taste of a bunch of new wrinkles added to the playbook...

carroll is going to flip her wig by half time. The raucous crowd will be losing their minds/voices from frustration and what not......

That would be even better if it comes after a loss in Carolina. Imagine the Seahawks starting the season 0-2. All the prognosticators will have to rethink their predictions and Seattle just might explode in a ball of fury. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. Let's first win our opening game against Green Bay.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:

I cant wait.

"shock and awe"

That would be even better if it comes after a loss in Carolina. Imagine the Seahawks starting the season 0-2. All the prognosticators will have to rethink their predictions and Seattle just might explode in a ball of fury. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. Let's first win our opening game against Green Bay.

oh, I will eat crow if I have to, but I've been arguing with clowns that the CAWKS will begin the season 0-2.

Bro, look at their schedule, it's not far fetched to think they could go 1-4 in their first 5 games
Originally posted by real9erfan:

I cant wait.

"shock and awe"

oh, I will eat crow if I have to, but I've been arguing with clowns that the CAWKS will begin the season 0-2.

Bro, look at their schedule, it's not far fetched to think they could go 1-4 in their first 5 games

I agree. I do see them losing the first game at Carolina. But for now I want the Niners to trounce Green Bay in the opener.
Share 49ersWebzone