LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Sorry, IR I think.

If he clears waivers, the 49ers can put him on IR or do an injury settlement.

I do not see any reason that he would not clear waivers.
Yes, I agree. But, before that our D have to stop the run. We couldn't do it last time after Justin Smith went down. Their O just hammered us and scored really fast. After that, we had no choice and had to play catch-up when we were forced to throw. And we tried to throw, they totally shut us down, like you said they killed Mario and Kyle and completely covered Crab. Even Vernon was knocked out. It was ugly, it was a total massacre.

We have to give them a taste of their medicine. We stop their run, we pound the rock and balanced with play action passes to big physical targets. Is not just about physical size neither, even for big guys like Vernon, Boldin and Baldwin, we all have to play physical. We have to thump them in all positions. We can't just play like normal how we play the other teams. If someone is trying to dominate you physically, the only way to survive such an encounter is to meet force with force, there is just no way around it.

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Kyle already out for the season with his acl injury by the time of our rematch with Seattle?
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is why I'm pulling for a big boy like Lamar Divens to make the team (team up next to Ian Williams on some 4-man DL's). Yes, Justin being hurt made a big dfference but we struggled all year against some bigger, stronger, power running teams esp. right up the gut.

Sorry Lamar Divens has just been waived.

Sorry, IR I think.

Brooks is stoked! LMAO. I wonder if he gave him his keys on the way out. Kidding. That said, no worries...Dorsey stepped up his game and Ian looked very good so far. And hopefully he and Okoye can develop at the PS level one more year and shine like Boone, Ian, Wilhoite, Boone, Kilgore, etc...develop these guys properly.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Kyle already out for the season with his acl injury by the time of our rematch with Seattle?

You're right. Williams went out in the Saints game. He was already gone.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Yeah i knew he went out in the Saints game i was trying to remember which was first. So we were down kw, hunter, justin, aldon was half a player, lost mario in the game, and vernon got hammered too. I think Seattle is going to pay at home this year. How many of there new signs are injured now? This receiving corp is going to hurt them browner and sheman can only hold one receiver each per play and our rbs back at full force. Seattles good but theyve got something coming as long as Kaepernick can deal with the noise.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Yeah i knew he went out in the Saints game i was trying to remember which was first. So we were down kw, hunter, justin, aldon was half a player, lost mario in the game, and vernon got hammered too. I think Seattle is going to pay at home this year. How many of there new signs are injured now? This receiving corp is going to hurt them browner and sheman can only hold one receiver each per play and our rbs back at full force. Seattles good but theyve got something coming as long as Kaepernick can deal with the noise.

That's what I think. I think the Niners are going up there at the optimum time when it's still not cold and wet up there. And, I think they have probably already started working on strategies to deal with the noise because they've got two away games in noisy venues this year - CLink and Superdome.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Yes, I just followed on from NCommand's comment, but other than that nothing changes in the content of my comment.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Yes, I just followed on from NCommand's comment, but other than that nothing changes in the content of my comment.
it is not the content of your comment, it is not the color of your skin,, it is only the content of your character that we are concerned with today
Amen, cc, and well said. Other than that, I think the Baldwin trade that this thread is about, has already wiped the slate clean on the AJ pick last yr. AJ...AJ who?

Think about this opening up with GB and then SEA:

Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin...and LMJ split wide of Kap. Surely in the SEA game, the CBs can't hold ALL those guys. And that looks like a handful for GB too. Note that doesn't even factor in Moore or Kyle, nor Mario or Crabs.
Looks like KC got Owned twice by the Niners Front Office this year...

Yeah, DNiner, but a "bad blood" situation(sucker punch of Baldwin by a veteran) kinda gave them no choice. Doesn't change the fact , tho, that our F.O. burned them twice. It seems the football Gods are smiling on us when an unarguably bad 1st pick last yr turns into a real threat this yr. And saved us something like $2.3 Mil in the process. Amazing.

Oh, yes, and don't forget that it is becoming more and more apparent our GM and HC are substantially better than whoever is in 2nd place.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Amen, cc, and well said. Other than that, I think the Baldwin trade that this thread is about, has already wiped the slate clean on the AJ pick last yr. AJ...AJ who?

Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin...and LMJ split wide of Kap. Surely in the SEA game, the CBs can't hold ALL those guys. And that looks like a handful for GB too. Note that doesn't even factor in Moore or Kyle, nor Mario or Crabs.
as usual, the doc said nothing wrong. i have been high on moore from day one and am glad he is not making me eat crow. need kyle in there to return punts as james scares the hell out of me but if all else fails we got cox which is ok
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Boldin, Baldwin, Vance, and Davis will have no problems with the Sea defenders.
Originally posted by cciowa:
as usual, the doc said nothing wrong. i have been high on moore from day one and am glad he is not making me eat crow. need kyle in there to return punts as james scares the hell out of me but if all else fails we got cox which is ok

I've been sucking the guy off in the thread I started when he got signed. I really like moore. I like him a lot, I think he's great. I'd marry him. I'd do the dishes for him and make sure the house was clean when he got home. I'd work out every day and watch how many carbs I take in so I always look nice for him. I'd give him a nice rub down and pack him off to the shower, and have warm towels ready for him when he got out. I'd be so passionate when it was time to blow out the candles too.

What I'm really trying to say here - I think he will be a great option for Kaep to send the ball downfield, and I think he will do well with the niners.
[ Edited by xtm059 on Aug 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I've been sucking the guy off in the thread I started when he got signed. I really like moore. I like him a lot, I think he's great. I'd marry him. I'd do the dishes for him and make sure the house was clean when he got home. I'd work out every day and watch how many carbs I take in so I always look nice for him. I'd give him a nice rub down and pack him off to the shower, and have warm towels ready for him when he got out. I'd be so passionate when it was time to blow out the candles too.

What I'm really trying to say here - I think he will be a great option for Kaep to send the ball downfield, and I think he will do well with the niners.
as I try to erase all of the disturbing images created by your post , I thought when he was first signed he would do kicks and punts and catch a few more passes than ginn but he has really seized this chance unlike others, no names mentioned but his initials are/were jenkins. I think he will play so much wide out he will not do alot of kick returns but I hope he will play special teams. I see no reason why he can not be in the top three or four in regards to pass receptions
Share 49ersWebzone