There are 324 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by ltrain:
I'd bet a decent amount that Baldwin gets at least one reception tonight to attempt showing we got the better end of this deal.

I don't think Harbaugh and Baalke really care about the media and fan perception of the deal based on one preseason game. I'm sure they're confident they'll get the better of it in the long run; otherwise they wouldn't have made the deal.

That said, I'm sure the WZ will melt down completely if Baldwin doesn't get a catch tonight.

Or overreact if he catches one and breaks it for fifty yards and a TD.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by ltrain:
I'd bet a decent amount that Baldwin gets at least one reception tonight to attempt showing we got the better end of this deal.

I don't think Harbaugh and Baalke really care about the media and fan perception of the deal based on one preseason game. I'm sure they're confident they'll get the better of it in the long run; otherwise they wouldn't have made the deal.

That said, I'm sure the WZ will melt down completely if Baldwin doesn't get a catch tonight.

If, on the other hand, Baldwin has a few catches for decent yardage and possibly a TD, the WZ will blow up - the next T.O.!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If, on the other hand, Baldwin has a few catches for decent yardage and possibly a TD, the WZ will blow up - the next T.O.!

Well, we do need a new "next T.O." with Lockette gone, and Baldwin makes sense since he's big and runs a solid 40.

The nature of the beast.
Originally posted by eonblue:

The nature of the beast.

While I know the zone is going to go way overboard tonight reading too much into one game with one week on the roster, I still am really looking forward to tonight.

It's gong to be great t get a first hand look at this guy, see if he is a diamond in the rough that just needs some polish, a piece of coal that could be squeezed into a diamond with time and effort, or just a lump of mud.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

The nature of the beast.

While I know the zone is going to go way overboard tonight reading too much into one game with one week on the roster, I still am really looking forward to tonight.

It's gong to be great t get a first hand look at this guy, see if he is a diamond in the rough that just needs some polish, a piece of coal that could be squeezed into a diamond with time and effort, or just a lump of mud.

Not just him but Patton too. Imgaine if both have decent games.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'll cream my pants if Baldwin scores a TD.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Is this before or after the tingle
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
My expectations for Baldwin are low but not lower than they were for Jenkins to be honest.... If JB lines up in the proper spot, he'll already be an improvement.
Originally posted by SaksV:
My expectations for Baldwin are low but not lower than they were for Jenkins to be honest.... If JB lines up in the proper spot, he'll already be an improvement.

Or just stays on his feet when he runs a route.

Or just gets some separation from the DB.

Originally posted by olapac:

Or just stays on his feet when he runs a route.

Or just gets some separation from the DB.

As long as he doesn't fall down and go into the fetal position as the ball is snapped then he'll be an improvement.

And look! We already have a clear name for him. JB!! Nice.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

The nature of the beast.

All that out of one preseason game huh?
Originally posted by WINiner:
All that out of one preseason game huh?

Yes! This is the webzone, where jumping to conclusions is great sport!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Is this before or after the tingle

During.
Share 49ersWebzone