LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 385 users in the forums

The "We can't think of a good name for the Jon Baldwin thread" thread

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Baldwin = Missing piece

I hope so. And if Kap can learn how to throw those high-arcing rainbows, this dude can help us win a tonne of deep jump balls, man !!

Kap can do it
Originally posted by PTulini:
Check these out... (Links too!!)

Originally posted by PTulini:

On the Field: WR Jonathan Baldwin (From NFL.com) http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e80d9c/On-the-field-Jonathan-Baldwin
NFL.com Draft Profile (VIDEO): http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81f25a8f/2011-Draft-Profile-WR-Jonathan-Baldwin-Pittsburgh

Brian Billick's Take on Baldwin Leading Up to the 2011 NFL Draft (FoxSports.com Video): http://grab-media.com/premium-videos/4635276

After watching these, I see his problem. WHile he has strong hands, and can make great catches away from his body, he tends not to. Watch how he over jumps passes, and great athletic ability, but it shows he is boding the ball. Watch the leaping catches, he jumps high enough to catch them on his hip. He just needs some good coaching, and hopefully he will learn trust those strong hands. He has a chance, to be very good, I just hope he is coachable, perhaps this trade is what he needs get him to listen to coaching.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Baldwin = Missing piece

I hope so. And if Kap can learn how to throw those high-arcing rainbows, this dude can help us win a tonne of deep jump balls, man !!

Kap can do it

I know he is learning. This is a throw that is not currently in his arsenal. He needs to perfect this (at 00:28) :

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Camp_In_Motion_In_The_Groove/03e6819b-c270-4f48-ac7b-d22ff71828fa
  • buck
  • Veteran
I know he is learning. This is a throw that is not currently in his arsenal. He needs to perfect this (at 00:28) :

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Camp_In_Motion_In_The_Groove/03e6819b-c270-4f48-ac7b-d22ff71828fa

A montage of some of the best images from day two of 49ers training camp.

A little old. Training camp is finished. He threw those all camp. I would say in his arsenal.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
A montage of some of the best images from day two of 49ers training camp.

A little old. Training camp is finished. He threw those all camp. I would say in his arsenal.

How do you know he threw those all camp ? In the past, even for deep balls, he doesn't usually throw them that high.

But, if you think he has already got it down, then I guess "Jump Ball Gallore" will be coming to a cinema near you this season.
  • buck
  • Veteran
How do you know he threw those all camp ? In the past, even for deep balls, he doesn't usually throw them that high.

But, if you think he has already got it down, then I guess "Jump Ball Gallore" will be coming to a cinema near you this season.

You are right. I really don't know. I was not at practice, and just went off my reading of the press.

Sorry. I really should have been more careful.

edit: From an interview yesterday with Steve Young.

You were there for his first start against the Bears. How surprised were you by what you saw?

SY: The eye-opening part was the number of throws that he made. And the different throws that he made.
I knew that he was a hard-throwing guy, but he threw a lot of great touch passes. I mean, most guys don't have the full repertoire of throws.
Throw the hard ball, and come back and feather one in and then drop a big rainbow deep ball.

Guys usually just don't have that ability. To me that was the most impressive thing about the night..... You can make a career out of all those throws.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/08/23/steve-young-on-kaepernick-there-doesnt-seem-to-be-anything-thats-going-to-hold-him-back/
[ Edited by buck on Aug 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM ]
if baldwin disappoints tonite balke trades him to the bengals, for taylor mays
Originally posted by hofer36:

Tell me more about who the Niners are playing tonight...
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Dayum!! Don't you keep up or are you the type of fan that tunes in at the end of the 4th QTR?
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]
*ba boom boom* *hiss*

I have read a lot about how he will have a harder time catching frozen ropes from kap. Iike many of you I played a little ball back in the day. It always seemed to me that some guys are really instinctive catchers. If they watch the ball fly slowly into thier hands they mind f**k themselves out of the catch. Where as with kap catching a football is a lot more reactive. At least I hope thats the case.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Dayum!! Don't you keep up or are you the type of fan that tunes in at the end of the 4th QTR?

Not sure which is worse: tuning in at the end of the 4th quarter or tuning in a day early
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kush:
Not sure which is worse: tuning in at the end of the 4th quarter or tuning in a day early

I do not know. But, think about this.

Gore got a 4 on the Wonderlic and he knows what days we play the game.

Tonight?

We are playing tonight?
Share 49ersWebzone