LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 439 users in the forums

(your) Thoughts on the Chiefs games.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thanks eon...yeah, his drop looked like a post pattern...he beat Brock by 5 yards and the ball may have been slightly tipped by Moody throwing off the timing and Reid was about to light him up in the middle of the field as well. It looked like between the tip and adjusting his route to Reid, he dropped it. He'd be the 1st to tell you there wasn't any excuse. He struggled in press some with Nnamdi (excellent game) and needs to refine his technique and use his physicality more (swim move, etc.). His play-IQ needs to be better as well. When you are in single, press coverage, you HAVE to beat your man and get to the spot. That ball is coming to you! Not only does he block out well, he actually MOVES the CB completely out of the way leaving clean running lanes for the RB's off tackle. That skill set alone will be huge for Gore, esp. Hunter and James; on reverses. He played all three WR spots and came in on various packages. His best route was when he'd break off routes and come underneath across the middle of the field. He was WIDE open. Therefore, he sets CB's up nicely. He is going to learn a ton more from Boldin in this area.

I agree. He's going to learn alot about using his strength. I think it will help that he trains will train against the defense too. I was skeptical regarding the Baldwin trade but after some thought. I think it's for the best. He has some areas he needs to work on but at least the FO chose not to continue working on a project that wasn't coming together.
Man, I hope Baldwin realizes how fortunate he really is. Going from a losing franchise to a SB contender, having an excellent coaching staff, excellent WR in Boldin to learn how the position should be played and having a QB who can get him the ball.
^^^ agree with you both. There are no more excuses. It's on him.
Wondering if anyone else thought that the 3rd down play when Reid blitzed up the middle and blew up the play that Alex Smith threw the ball backwards resulting in a fumble. It would have been irrelevant as the ball went out of bounced and only would have resulted in a 5-7 yard loss and it was 3rd down and still a chip shot FG but none of the announcers or coaches caught it or challenged it. Like I said its irrelevant but I'm bored. Thoughts.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post!

My chief concern, pun intended, is our Back-up OT's. They need lots of work.

Wilhoit really impresses me and Aso seems to be a very solid pick-up.

Back up tackle is Boone
Originally posted by teylo31:
Wondering if anyone else thought that the 3rd down play when Reid blitzed up the middle and blew up the play that Alex Smith threw the ball backwards resulting in a fumble. It would have been irrelevant as the ball went out of bounced and only would have resulted in a 5-7 yard loss and it was 3rd down and still a chip shot FG but none of the announcers or coaches caught it or challenged it. Like I said its irrelevant but I'm bored. Thoughts.

The announcers on NFLN mentioned that it may have not been a forward pass. I didn't like the refs in the game at all.
Share 49ersWebzone