There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are We Going to be the Number 1 Defense this Season?

Are We Going to be the Number 1 Defense this Season?

I think we'll be in the top 3 for sure. What also makes our D so tough is we now have a MUCH better bench if someone goes down.
Top 30
Originally posted by mayo49:
We should dominate this year on D. Top 5, book it.

Top 3, book it
Originally posted by tondiman:
Seattle looks good. real good.

Top 5 I am thinking. Playing the Rams and Cards twice helps imo opinion since they both don't seem to have high octane offenses yet.
I don't know about "stats" being number one, we have a tough schedule. However, if we can get back to our 2011 form, I'll be all s**ts and giggles.

Kap with the 2011 D would be a SB lock.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM ]
depends on the O and any injuries
Read earlier that we weren't hitting like the Seahacks. I don't really care as long as we aren't allowing points. Turnovers don't always mean points, but your opponent no scoring means wins almost every time. Top three defense no doubt about it and by far the deepest defense in the league.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Read earlier that we weren't hitting like the Seahacks. I don't really care as long as we aren't allowing points. Turnovers don't always mean points, but your opponent no scoring means wins almost every time. Top three defense no doubt about it and by far the deepest defense in the league.

Our guys don't launch themselves head first at players already on the ground. So in that way, we don't hit like the Seahawks.
I think we are going to be the number "0" defense. We are going to be so good that there needs to be a gap between us and the number 2 defense.
We can bring in waves of pass rushers, Haralson, Lemonier, Cam Johnson, Tank (when healthy), Williams. The pressure will be unrelenting. Oh Yeah, Pat and Bo, plus a secondary that will cover at the line. Keep an eye on Cox he could be the Next Big Thing.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
We can bring in waves of pass rushers, Haralson, Lemonier, Cam Johnson, Tank (when healthy), Williams. The pressure will be unrelenting. Oh Yeah, Pat and Bo, plus a secondary that will cover at the line. Keep an eye on Cox he could be the Next Big Thing.

Right. I really have a feeling they're going to be a sack machine this year. Lemonier is amazingly quick - they can use him the same way they used Aldon Smith during his first season. And Haralson seems re-born. The guys they have spelling Smith and Brooks look like they could be just as dangerous at getting to the QB. Plus, you've got more depth on the line and even the backups at ILB look real good. The only question is the backfield but so far, it looks very promising.