There are 238 users in the forums

1st 15 cuts, guess the cuts thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NickV:
I wouldn't cut Osgood. He is a good special teams player. We need all the help we can get at ST.

I agree, and would also be a good back up in case of injury. But it will be a numbers game so he might MIGHT be the odd man out.

Anquan Boldin
Austin Collie
Kyle Williams
Quinton Patton
AJ Jenkins
Mario Manningham

And if they do keep seven, I'd like it to be either Marlon Moore, Chad Hall or Kasim Osgood. Man that's a tough decision to make would love to keep all 3.

Would you rather have...

Chad Hall, Marlon Moore, or Kasim Osgood instead of Collie? If you had to pick one, who would it be?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I wouldn't cut Osgood. He is a good special teams player. We need all the help we can get at ST.

I agree, and would also be a good back up in case of injury. But it will be a numbers game so he might MIGHT be the odd man out.

Anquan Boldin
Austin Collie
Kyle Williams
Quinton Patton
AJ Jenkins
Mario Manningham

And if they do keep seven, I'd like it to be either Marlon Moore, Chad Hall or Kasim Osgood. Man that's a tough decision to make would love to keep all 3.

Would you rather have...

Chad Hall, Marlon Moore, or Kasim Osgood instead of Collie? If you had to pick one, who would it be?

Glad I don't have to make this decision in real life, but I gotta go with Chad Hall, this guy has shown everything from toughness to quickness. If Kaepernick and Davis see a playmaker, then I gotta go with their word too.

Anquan Boldin
Austin Collie
Kyle Williams
Quinton Patton
AJ Jenkins
Mario Manningham

Would you rather have...

Glad I don't have to make this decision in real life, but I gotta go with Chad Hall, this guy has shown everything from toughness to quickness. If Kaepernick and Davis see a playmaker, then I gotta go with their word too.

Moore is the closest thing to a lock after Boldin and Williams. Those 3 plus Patton are basically set in stone.

Anquan Boldin
Austin Collie
Kyle Williams
Quinton Patton
AJ Jenkins
Mario Manningham

Would you rather have...

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Chad Hall was being called camp fodder at one point. But he's played his ass off. He's real shifty and can catch
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
He probably does. I'm just not a big fan of a guy that has been in the league for 4 years and has like 12 career catches. I'd rather take a chance with a guy with more potential like Lockette.

You just described Lockette.

This is Lockettes third year but you're right him and Moore are similar in terms of production in their NFL career. I favor Lockette over Moore though in terms of potential. Moore is smaller and slower. Might be a more sure bet, but his ceiling is much lower than Lockette's. I'd rather take a chance on a guy who can potentially develop into something special. Plus we need a receiver with some height and size. Kyle Williams, Aj Jenkins, Quinton Patton, and Austin Collie are all guys with similar size to Moore and who in my opinion are all more talented.
He probably does. I'm just not a big fan of a guy that has been in the league for 4 years and has like 12 career catches. I'd rather take a chance with a guy with more potential like Lockette.

This is Lockettes third year but you're right him and Moore are similar in terms of production in their NFL career. I favor Lockette over Moore though in terms of potential. Moore is smaller and slower. Might be a more sure bet, but his ceiling is much lower than Lockette's. I'd rather take a chance on a guy who can potentially develop into something special. Plus we need a receiver with some height and size. Kyle Williams, Aj Jenkins, Quinton Patton, and Austin Collie are all guys with similar size to Moore and who in my opinion are all more talented.

Moore was signed for ST, not to play WR. Being a decent option at WR would just be gravy. It seems like Skuta, Osgood, and Moore should all make that team, because they were brought in to shore up ST.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Moore was signed for ST, not to play WR. Being a decent option at WR would just be gravy. It seems like Skuta, Osgood, and Moore should all make that team, because they were brought in to shore up ST.

I'd like to see Bubba Ventrone in the next 2 games as well.
Originally posted by Niners99:

You need guys that can play special teams and be serviceable receivers. Lockette can cover punts and kicks with his speed. Kyle Williams is our return man. You can't have too many spots on the roster for strictly special teams players.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
First cut needs to be Obama, I mean Omameh

u mean OMAHGERD

that dude is soooooooooooooooooo bad.

He is the 2013 Owusu
I dont see Lockette making it, he hasn't impressed me enough to stay. Moore is a better option. Even Osgood is. He and Moore have ST experience.

Also, do we keep 7 WRs, we know Mario and Crabtree are on PUP, and could come back, but wouldn't surprise me if they dont return. At least Crabtree, that would be a fast recovery from a bad injury.

So, basically IMO, Moore, Williams will 2-3 in some fashion, with Boldin 1, then battle for 4 and 5 on game days, I figure if Jenkins looks good on STs, he is the 5th WR, leaving the 4th open. Do we keep Hall, Patton, Osgood maybe, do we keep all, that would be 7 WRs. With Hall, and Patton cuttable, where if Osgood makes the team and is on week 1 roster, his deal is guaranteed.

Is Owusu on someone's training camp roster this year?
Originally posted by ninergold:

Fighting for Tampa's 3rd or 4th WR spot.

Palmer is on Indy's roster I believe, and Tyms is on one roster, not sure which.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by ninergold:

Fighting for Tampa's 3rd or 4th WR spot.

Palmer is on Indy's roster I believe, and Tyms is on one roster, not sure which.

Tyms is also fighting for the 3rd or 4th spot on the Dolphins.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Anquan Boldin
Austin Collie
Kyle Williams
Quinton Patton
AJ Jenkins
Mario Manningham

Would you rather have...

Moore is the closest thing to a lock after Boldin and Williams. Those 3 plus Patton are basically set in stone.

Tell me why. What have you seen from Moore?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Tell me why. What have you seen from Moore?

He has been the most productive and consistent receiver at practice not named Boldin. He made a nice catch in the first preseason game and was blocking 20 yards downfield on the 52 yard run by Gore. He is bringing his tough special teams mentality to the receiver position along with his speed.

Just look at the snap count for him and that will tell you all you need to know. Right now, him and Williams are battling for the #2 position and the coaches aren't taking any risks in letting him get injured.

I dont understand how people can discount him, the writers have stopped mentioning him because he has consistently made plays and there is no drama so they focus on the ones on the bubble.
Share 49ersWebzone